• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Season 2 - a new true crime chapter takes us to 1979 Sioux Falls - Mon on FX

I consider the first season one of the best shows I've ever seen, so I'm super hyped for this. So much TV these days, gotta love it!

Matt Zoller Seitz for NYMag:
Season two is one of the better TV dramas of an already excellent year, and that series creator Noah Hawley, his filmmaking team, and his cast have perfected what was already a promising spinoff of the Coen Brothers’ 1996 classic.

I missed the first season because I didn't have FX, and have been waiting for a marathon. There's one on Sunday, and I have it all set to record.

I'm excited, and looking forward to season 2 a lot, too.

Do I need to watch S1 first? I know that S2 goes back in time.

Bandit1

I missed the first season because I didn't have FX, and have been waiting for a marathon. There's one on Sunday, and I have it all set to record.

I'm excited, and looking forward to season 2 a lot, too.

Do I need to watch S1 first? I know that S2 goes back in time.

I don't think you'll need to watch season 1 first, S2 does share a character, maybe two, but it takes place before the first season. You're in for a treat though!

TheOddOne

- Variety: ‘Fargo’ Season 2: Jesse Plemons On His TV Winning Streak.
How much did you know from the start about where the season was going?

I’d read four episodes and then we got the next two right around when we started the first episode. I knew what was going, on but then
it takes a turn in episode seven that totally caught me off guard. And then it takes another turn.
After episode six, I was totally flabbergasted at Noah’s mind and how he comes up with some of this s—.

USA Today said:
Through scene after scene, Fargo crackles with mordant wit and sustained tension. And yet, wisely, Hawley always finds a way to remind us of what's at risk.... The cast is spectacular, with nary a false note.

Denver Post said:
Despite its endlessly flat landscape, FX's Fargo is elevated by the most spellbinding direction of any drama currently on TV. Season 2 achieves new heights, thanks to writer-director Noah Hawley. The music is exaggeratedly dramatic, and the split-screen device is a throwback to early TV and film's bold experimentation.

Do I have to see the first season to know what's going on?

No. But the first season vaguely references the incident that we're seeing in full this time round (Keith Carradine plays older Patrick Wilson in the first season).

Plus, it's one of the best TV shows of the decade so far. Well worth your time if you can get round to it.

Dicktatorship

8OoH6kq.png

Sweet Baby Jesus will you look at that metacritic score! It could wind up plopping down to 90-92, but still, this is going to be huge. I for one, am glad that my favorite freshman crime drama of 2014 is going to have a stellar 2015 season.

ZombAid82

OMG, I'm so Fucking H(igh)yped cannot come to soon.
Thankfully Netflix Airs Live in Europe!!!!

Do I have to see the first season to know what's going on?

Not really, but the real Question here is, why didn't you see it already?
Best media of 2014 IMO

I consider the first season one of the best shows I've ever seen, so I'm super hyped for this. So much TV these days, gotta love it!

Yep, it doesn't come better than this!

andycapps

Halfway through the first season, loving it so far. Can't wait to catch up on that and this new season. Crazy to see Jesse Plemons all grown up.

Plasmid

Been waiting a while for this, got annoyed when they pushed it back but I CANT WAIT!! Fargo S01 was one of the best of 2014.

Won't be able to watch this week (will be on vacation) but I'll get caught up sometime next week. Looks like we're in for a good season.

Moff

just like better call saul, this is on netflix germany the day after it airs in the US, can't wait.

derFeef

Will this be on Netflix too? Fellow Europeasant here.

edit: whoops the post above ;)
Should be the rest of Europe too?

Jonm1010

Banned
I was sooo worried Fargo would have a True Detective style sophomore slump. This is incredible!

Cant believe I waited til recently to finish up the first season. Still have a few episodes to go but if this is actually BETTER then season 1 then that is pretty incredible.

Ugh I wanted to finish the first season before this but got side tracked. No reason to not watch the premiere tonight because of that though right?

First season was amazing. Good to have this show back. Cast is great. Would be awesome if we'll get another performance on the level of Billy Bob Thornton. Also good to see Jeffrey Donovan, he's awesome.

Walpurgis

Banned
Has there been a Metacritic that high for a TV season since Breaking Bad?

edit:
JI2AXU9.png

It went up.

Holy shit! I just came here because I saw that on Metacritic. I'm so happy right now. I LOVED season 1 and according to Metacritic, this should be even better. I was going to wait for the season to end so I that could binge it like the first one but screw that. I'm watching it tonight. I have a lot of hope that the series will take off this season. Maybe if it gets super popular my family will actually watch it.

-griffy-

Banned
If anyone wants to crater their anticipation, they can go ahead and read the hype killer IndieWire piece on season 2!

Some critics relish the role of the contrarian, but when your colleagues all love something and you don't, it's like being at a party where everyone else is out having a great time out on the dance floor and you're standing off to the side, grumbling, "This music sucks."

That said, I have watched the second season of "Fargo," and I am duty-bound to grumble: This music sucks.

Top Bottom