• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI previously was planning to pay the author of Russia dossier to keep writing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984-Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.html

Have any of you guys actually read the Dossier?

There's so many parts in it as of right now, that is making clear and complete sense.

Read the highlighted parts, holy shit. Do I have confirmation bias? There's so much in there that's already been proved factual. Why isn't this blowing up all over hte place?

It even references Trumps shitty dealings in developing countries (recent new yorker article about that real estate shit)

This guy is up to his fucking eyeballs guys. He's been operating with the Russians for years, he's even back channeling intelligence to Putin. What the fuck

This isn't breitbart for fuck sakes this is Mi6

There's a list of about 10 things that are now corroborated I reckon

everyones jaded and cant tell between whats real and whats not real anymore

I mean the details of the dossier, just scroll through and read the yellowed out stuff. If you keep up to date with Trump news, this shit is crazy!

Yeah no shit Michael Flynn had to go, that guy was balls deep for a while with the Russians.

Well well what do we have here.

https://twitter.com/srl/status/839880239006248960

Steele was worth every cent it seems.

survivor1.gif

Bizarre shed just throw that out on TV with no direct evidence.

Seems like something you'd leak instead unless the FBI/CIA are still putting together a final confirmation of the dossier which will likely never see the light of day.

Extreme statements that have huge national implications and no evidence provided need to be said on Twitter. What was she thinking?

No one will believe the peepee tape story until they actually see him getting pissed on.

And even then, the quality has to be perfect so it's clear that it isn't faked, like the pussygrab tape.

No one will believe the peepee tape story until they actually see him getting pissed on.

And even then, the quality has to be perfect so it's clear that it isn't faked, like the pussygrab tape.

They'll just wave it away as locker room pee. Boys will be boys, amirite?

Who is Maxine Waters? Sorry.

one google search mate, that's all you had to do

Maxine Waters
U.S. Representative
waters.house.gov
Maxine Moore Waters is the U.S. Representative for California's 43rd congressional district, and previously the 35th and 29th districts, serving since 1991. Wikipedia

I'm more interested in knowing what her role is here and how/what she knows.

TheMan

I wonder how up to date the dossier was when it was leaked. It may be that he has a lot more info that he can't readily share while in hiding.

commedieu

Banned
She's reputable as far as I remember. But yeah, need evidence.

I don't think she's stupid enough to just threaten her career. But need data.

Wait, I don't get it. Didn't the FBI try to sink Hillary? Why would they be trying to sink Trump at the same time?

I am so confused....

The working assumption in some quarters is that the New York FBI office skews heavily Republican/Trump, with partisan ties to Giulani et al, and that they put pressure on Comey that led him to come out in front of the "re-opened investigation" into Clinton shortly before the election. The NY office isn't the FBI as a whole, though, and some commentators suspect that their position has weakened post-election, particularly in the wake of continuing investigation of Russian ties etc. and the combative way Trump has handled the IC as a whole.

Tuber

Wait, I don't get it. Didn't the FBI try to sink Hillary? Why would they be trying to sink Trump at the same time?

I am so confused....

Operating under the assumption you're being genuine, and not doing that ever-fashionable, witty feigning of ignorance because your "logical jujitsu just totally destroyed those dumb liberals" thing...

the FBI isn't a monolith. It's not one guy with one agenda. Office politics and agendas are just as prevalent in government work as anywhere else. Despite some departments of the FBI purportedly being pro-Trump, it doesn't preclude other departments being anti-Trump or even following investigations when the findings may not align with their preconceived political beliefs.

Well well what do we have here.

https://twitter.com/srl/status/839880239006248960

Steele was worth every cent it seems.

I think that's a misinterpretation of what she said.

She was discussing investigating the claims within the Dossier, and reference the sex stuff as portions that "we know are supposed to be true. They are saying they're true." (paraphrasing)

I assume she means that Russians have made statements about having the kopromat. She is not asserting to their veracity herself.

Watch the Trumpsters go full crazy and call the FBI corrupt librulz and claim corruption and whatnot.
Hope the man is safe (Probably considering he's a professional spy) and hoping the Trump administration finally crumples on itlelf.

MarionCB

Spin has a clip of the Maxine Waters interview.

Unfortunately, she's too ambiguous in what she is saying and comes across as confused. She appears to say the sex part of the dossier is true, which is explosive, then "they have said it's absolutely true"--who's they? The FBI? The House committee? Then when asked for her evidence, she goes on with a vague ramble that makes little sense. Ugh.

I hope it's as it comes across when you parse her comments: That one of the investigations has confirmed the sexual allegations and they are just nailing everything down before taking official action against Trump. But it's all so unclear. I really hope she hasn't fucked this up by putting out her opinion as some kind of fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom