• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F'DUPTON 3: Back in the Tub with 5.0/5.5/6/7/several Inches of RAM-Flavoured Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr720Fan

Banned
thanks brother, hopefully I can move on and now ask all the incredibly smart posters in here some questions. Nonetheless neogaf is a great awesome site for videogaming.

I wonder how you will feel when TitanFall doesn't run at 1080p :).

Oh btw check this article out-

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=536

The GPU is much more powerful than Xbox 1 (clocked higher) and much less powerful than PS4 (clocked way lower). Once again, isolating the GPU variable doesn't do much but add confusion and makes Leadbetter's, Anand's, and Tom's Hardware unreliable to try and extrapolate performance from GPU VS GPU.
Titanfall not being 1080p will be strictly design choice IMO.

I've seen that article and it misrepresents both machines, they're closed systems with different architectures not isolated gpus they're are apus. I expect both system to field better results than anand's performance charts.

Mr720Fan

Banned
yes I was, but they all know who I am and love me. they will continue to love me as well, hopefully I don't get banned here, im always a nice guy.

evilalien

thanks brother, hopefully I can move on and now ask all the incredibly smart posters in here some questions. Nonetheless neogaf is a great awesome site for videogaming.

Dude, this forum has a quote button, you should learn to use it for the sake of readibility.

glenn8

Banned
of course I know thuway is an insider, but I don't think its fair to say that its confirmed that it is 6 gigs because he has said so. he swore up and down that the downclock rumor was true and it doesn't turn out. Cboat weight holds the most, but even he has been wrong, prince of Persia, the family share plan 1 hour demo etc. so nothing is set in stone, I respect that neogaf has these types of posters, but leadbetter isn't a bum either. as of right now I doubt we will ever get the numbers until it launches, but in the end the size ram advantage that ps4 was supposedly going to have 7>5 is shrinking. I think 5 gigs is enough for gaming anyhow.

The thing about family stuff could be true. 1h was family thing, but since they dropped that to follow up with ps4, they can assume anything about their previous policies
That stuff doesnt happen. It was incredible limited before, so why should we get even more negative press while we could beef up those idiotic restrictions, simply lying?
I too would talk great about our things we would have done which were originally limited to my ass instead of getting more anger from the people

Pro Tip: you can quote people by clicking the blue quote button under their username. It also makes it easier for others to see who you're replying to.

yes I was, but they all know who I am and love me. they will continue to love me as well, hopefully I don't get banned here, im always a nice guy.
How do you manage to get banned from System Wars? How is that even possible?

Raymo

I've seen that article and it misrepresents both machines, they're closed systems with different architectures not isolated gpus they're are apus. I expect both system to field better results than anand's performance charts.

Design choice in order to easily hit 60fps? Yes, probably.

jayu26

sure I can see that, but can you see that there are other games that never go on GAF? Microsoft has a unique vision and maybe gamers aren't happy with it, but in the end they showed more games than sony, better games than sony at e3 and are dedicating 1 billion to gaming in the future. So if they wanna move forward with pushing Kinect and pushing there vision of the future I don't see a problem with it. I think we know Microsoft made mistakes, but they are moving forward since them and are answering a lot of the doubts people set upon them. They also have a new leader in Julie Larson Green, so maybe we can give them a chance???? I guess we shall see

I was fine with you for the most part (entitled to your opinion and all), but this post is just...
done.gif

Mr720Fan

Banned
Pro Tip: you can quote people by clicking the blue quote button under their username. It also makes it easier for others to see who you're replying to.

How do you manage to get banned from System Wars? How is that even possible?

lol thanks I got that figured out now, clear as day too .

thuway

My point is, Leadbetter's article ; alongside Anand and Tom's Hardware -
ARE NOT accurate, scientific, or even remotely good metrics at extrapolating machine wide performance.

Leadbetter's article assumes all things are equal between both machines other than GPU. I've already mentioned three massive advantages PS4 has over the Xbox 1. It isn't a far fetched concept to understand that a bandwith advantage, a compute advantage, and less coding restrictions will equate to a much higher performance in favor of the PS4. C'mon mang -_-

all I know is this site loves SONY and hates Microsoft. Isnt thuway the same guy who said that the xbox one is being downclocked and was disputed by sensji who claimed he heard nothing from his sources and then was banned 2 days later??? he stated his case much better than thuway and that was the result. so him claiming it 6 gigs doesn't hold much weight, I think leadbetter is a much better and more informative source. Thanks neogaf, bash on!!!

So you use your first post to insult this forum and its users in a blanket statement, then tell us to "bash on," completely oblivious to the irony of that statement.

What a waste.

well I have been reading this site extensively since I signed up 3 months ago. I have read all the epic threads, and its very entertaining. I do think the site is pro SONY and is a more beefier systemwars but only with actually real life devs and people in the industry posting in it. what I take from about 1000 hours of reading this site is that it definitely is biased in my honest opinion. I hope im entitled to that opinion as well as I would like to be apart of it. who knows though, I like Microsoft and I saw what can happen if you speak positively about them

And then you flat out call the mods biased? Ouch.

The GPU is much more powerful than Xbox 1 (clocked higher) and much less powerful than PS4 (clocked way lower). Once again, isolating the GPU variable doesn't do much but add confusion and makes Leadbetter's, Anand's, and Tom's Hardware unreliable to try and extrapolate performance from GPU VS GPU.

Posted something in the old closed thread, this http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_hd_7850_and_7870_review,21.html , this shows an approx 50% increase between a 7750 and a 7850. Still dont know why they didnt use those two for the comparrsion as both are as close Tflops wise to the GPUs in the PS4/XB1.

nib95

Banned

A design choice to get better visuals for the frame rate most likely.

And obviously you're right about closed versus open, but that was not his point with the benches or Anandtechs goal with that earlier article, it was merely to show how the closest comparing GPUs to the ones in the PS4 and XO perform at an open platform level, and on that basis the cards they used to replicate each consoles gpu are considerably more accurate than Leadbetter or DF's like for like.

Zephyx

all I know is this site loves SONY and hates Microsoft. Isnt thuway the same guy who said that the xbox one is being downclocked and was disputed by sensji who claimed he heard nothing from his sources and then was banned 2 days later??? he stated his case much better than thuway and that was the result. so him claiming it 6 gigs doesn't hold much weight, I think leadbetter is a much better and more informative source. Thanks neogaf, bash on!!!

Your first and last most likely. Welcome.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Except numerous other insiders corroborated the 6GB number.

all I know is this site loves SONY and hates Microsoft.
And LOL at this.

ARE NOT accurate, scientific, or even remotely good metrics at extrapolating machine wide performance.

Leadbetter's article assumes all things are equal between both machines other than GPU. I've already mentioned three massive advantages PS4 has over the Xbox 1. It isn't a far fetched concept to understand that a bandwith advantage, a compute advantage, and less coding restrictions will equate to a much higher performance in favor of the PS4. C'mon mang -_-

Oh absolutely ps4 has an considerable advantage over the xbox one you'd be stupid to disagree. just not ultra 1080p -1600x900 difference your post displayed.

Why is everyone jumping on mr720fan? He is right to an extent, the majority of posters here are in favor of the ps4 and its clear as day no matter how you want to spin it.

Because it's easy for defensive people to assume his post is generalizing a higher percentage than he means it to just to try to invalidate the overall premise.

Does anybody really doubt that certain PS4 fans went from not fine to fine with about 5GB of RAM for games when it became a likely possibility? Many didn't, that doesn't mean those that did shouldn't be called out. It's not as simple as one specific example either, it's the train of thought of some people who already made their mind up and will interpret things in a way that confirms that.

Mr720Fan

Banned
A GameSpot mod said here:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29415684/rip-mr720fan

...that Mr720Fan was bandodging. So apparently the most recent ban wasn't the only one he's received.

I had about 8 there lol. they banned for absolutely nothing. they even reinstated one of my bans because they said that fanboyism was allowed and trolling was allowed and I never posted once on that username cause I forgot the username and password and this banned it again. Systemwars is a lot of fun, I will not troll here and or do the stuff I have done in the past over there. it was never bad, always for laughs, thanks for being inspector gadget though for neogaf, im sure the people in systemwars are loving this right now.

R3TRODYCE

All that anger, all that rage, lets bottle it.

Read the thread. 6gigs is confirmed.

Kagari [A mod] has already gave the thumbs up to the 6GB news.

Thanks, as a follow up, is that 6 confirmed to be physical, or 5.5 + 0.5 page/virtual? Just curious if the OS is still hanging on to 2GB or 2.5. 6 plus the 0.5 virtual sounds petty close to the original assumed 7GB's.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Why is everyone jumping on mr720fan? He is right to an extent, the majority of posters here are in favor of the ps4 and its clear as day no matter how you want to spin it.

Sony has been providing quite a lot of bits and pieces that appeal to the kind of gaming audience sites like GAF host, so in a way there is quite a lot of goodwill for PS4 and I do not think it is undeserved or grossly overblown. MS has not handled its message well and tried to do some not too popular things and changed their tune massively probably after they started talked with their retail partners and saw that their policies were costing them money (Sony and MS are ultimately corporations and bottom line [short, medium, or long term] is a key factor in their policies... sometimes good intentions by their employees and what the corporation does align too).

When the PS3 launched, when PSN got hacked, when PSP and PS Vita launched, etc.... There have been tons of times in which the immediate temperature could read as Sony hating... but it was not a master plan against Sony, but just what the common thought was by many... right or wrong (Windows Vista was not a bad OS in m experience and an important technological stepping stone for MS, but clearly the average consensus was decidedly über negative beyond discussion :)).

So this thread has straight up become people talking about the merits of the systems and their games and a bunch of people slapping each other on the back and talking about whether or not they're good at gafing.

So much for RAM discussion. I guess it's been a directionless mess the whole way through, so these juniors are just embracing it.

thuway

sure I can see that, but can you see that there are other games that never go on GAF? Microsoft has a unique vision and maybe gamers aren't happy with it, but in the end they showed more games than sony, better games than sony at e3 and are dedicating 1 billion to gaming in the future. So if they wanna move forward with pushing Kinect and pushing there vision of the future I don't see a problem with it. I think we know Microsoft made mistakes, but they are moving forward since them and are answering a lot of the doubts people set upon them. They also have a new leader in Julie Larson Green, so maybe we can give them a chance???? I guess we shall see

fail-gifs-10.gif

nib95

Banned

I know you defend Leadbetter, but writing is on the wall and has been for a long time dude..

That dude will usually always try and spin things pro Microsoft or less favourably to Sony in any given scenario, or at least downplay the disadvantages to one over the other. This last article and his last few articles and false accounts just add further fuel to that fire. Not saying he doesn't have some merit, but anyone who genuinely relies on Leadbetter for anything other than light hearted reading fodder is doing themselves a massive disservice.

evilalien

I know you defend Leadbetter, but writing is on the wall and has been for a long time dude..

That dude will usually always try and spin things pro Microsoft or less favourably to Sony in any given scenario, or at least downplay the disadvantages to one over the other. This last article and his last few articles and false accounts just add further fuel to that fire. Not saying he doesn't have some merit, but anyone who genuinely relies on Leadbetter for anything other than light hearted reading fodder is doing themselves a massive disservice.

Uh, thuway isn't defending Leadbetter at all...

Mastperf

And Sony has given them every reason to. MS burned up most of their support with their drm, mandatory Kinect, weaker hardware and +$100 price.
Sony has also been very open with regards to their hardware while MS sticks to PR mode.

I am actually. It's interesting where MS will take Xbox One to. I won't buy one in the near future, considering that nothing has excited me about the system yet but I'll be glad if they started kicking ass and make great games. Competition can only mean better games for us.

This doesn't mean I won't make potshots at it once in a while though.

thuway

I honestly find plenty of flaws with what he's written, but I do think this Digital Foundry Witch Hunt is a little immature. We can intelligently call him out without resorting to smear campaigning a professional's 15+ year career in the tech industry.

Oh and nib I<3u. Ramadan Mubarak (just had Iftar here in Pakistan)

velociraptor

Which GPU?

Cidd

Mr720Fan
Banned
(Today, 12:03 PM)

Thank you based mods.

Anyways, with more and more devs calling bs on DF article, do you think we will hear anything from a dev tomorrow?

Mr720Fan
Banned
(Today, 04:03 PM)

Thank god.

Wow. I'm pretty new here (though I've lurked for a while), but is that the fastest ban ever?

Not that it wasn't deserved. I mean, right off the bat he's hurling insults at the forum, its users, and the mods. Then tried to act like "Oh gee shucks, I was banned from GameSpot because of reasons that somehow aren't my fault."

Bleh.

So the juniors are on a mission for equality due to some miss placed sense of bias against MS. This shit is fasinating, someone should be taking note of this, it would make for a good book.

TheStevo

Banned
And Sony has given them every reason to. MS burnet d up most of their suppor with their drm, mandatory Kinect, weaker hardware and +$100 price.
You're saying that Sony has given reason for individuals to have (some sort of) passionate loyalty to a piece of unreleased plastic. Such loyalty to the point of downplaying and/or lashing out at every piece of news for the competing platform? Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom