• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season One - Sundays on AMC

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
obligatory
ZYmEYYS.gif

LOLOL! I knew it was coming

maruchan

I thought the sister was going to be raped, and taken by the solders.m and season two would be traking them down.. Good thing that didn't happen

Effect

I thought the sister was going to be raped, and taken by the solders.m and season two would be traking them down.. Good thing that didn't happen

Seriously thought that was where this was going but glad as well it didn't. I assume they were saved by Andy?

Salazar made it to season 2.

Looking forward to more of his "I've seen some shit".

Haha, yup, playing up whether or not Strand is gonna be trustworthy.

Effect

Also I didn't follow the original TWD, but when did Atlanta get bombed?

Sometime before Rick woke up I believe. We find out more in later seasons because they do revisit parts of Atlanta. I think though it's more like they napalmed the city then outright dropped bombs as we typically think of them.

Edit:

In season 2 I would like for Salazar to speak normally and less in parables. Kind of tired of that.

JTripper

Anyone curious to see what happened to NY in the walking dead universe?

Seeing L.A. is kinda cool and that final shot was great.

It'd be amazing seeing a herd of zombies walking through Times Square. The camera would be zoomed out and it'd look like a normal day in NY, but then it slowly zooms in to reveal a bunch of undead.

Effect

I would love to see that.. Provides so many more interesting locations I think. Do you enter that subway to get around easier and possibly safer? Is it safe in the first place?

JTripper

I would love to see that.. Provides so many more interesting locations I think. Do you enter that subway to get around easier and possibly safer? Is it safe in the first place?

It could be really cool with so many locations to explore. Liberty Island, Downtown, Midtown, Central Park, the subways, Brooklyn.

I was hoping they would show what was in the boat at the end but they didn't.

Strand is a straightup baller, I can only see it going down for him (I really hope not and hopes he is Fear's version of Morgan).

Also, fuck you Travis for allowing Ofelias Military boyfriend to shoot her.

Because fuck the neighbors, right?

One of the themes throughout the season is that the characters were living in a "false utopia". Travis goes for a jog and pretends his problems don't exist while the army has set up a safezone.

Here, they see a guy taking his dog out for a walk and another family smiling and joking with each other around the dinner table. Even if they wanted to bring them along, it's clear that those people are either too ignorant or not prepared for what's happening.

It also ties back into something Strand talks about earlier in the episode - how the Clark's neighborhood is the oldest in the city and could become something else, but there's no point because it's a new world.

Bandit1

Suit guy is Kenny

Totally called that.

Great episode to finish the season. Season 2 will be very interesting. I like Strand and his richness and yacht. They could really go anywhere with the yacht, Canada, Hawaii, Mexico, but they will probably stick with west coast U.S. and I'm okay with that.

Couple of interesting things from Talking Dead:

Rubén Blades who plays Daniel Salazar is a Grammy-Award winning musician, has a law degree from Harvard, and once ran for the presidency of Panama, his home country. Pretty impressive.

Also quite a lot was made of Madison's somewhat southern accent, as if it may be possible she could have lived in say, Georgia, maybe, and then moved to L.A....

Top Bottom