• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February’s Free PS Plus Games: BioShock: The Collection, The Sims 4, and Firewall Zero Hour

mod edit: Dupe

ebruary’s loaded with not two, not three, but potentially up to five free PS Plus games! BioShock: The Collection contains three legendary first-person adventures, The Sims 4 gives you creative control over reality itself, Firewall Zero Hour offers engaging, online multiplayer* for PS VR owners**.

More on February’s free games:

BioShock: The Collection
From the undersea city of Rapture to the airborne metropolis of Columbia, BioShock: The Collection takes players on monumental journeys through awe-inspiring, deceptively dangerous places that are simply unforgettable. BioShock: The Collection features all three games in this award-winning series – BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite – remastered in 1080p, including all single-player add-on content.

The Sims 4
The Sims is celebrating its 20th birthday this February, and you’re invited to join the party! Now’s your chance to play with life in The Sims 4, where you can unleash your imagination and create Sims in a unique world that’s an expression of you.

Firewall Zero Hour (PlayStation VR required)
Become a hired contractor and expertly seize – or protect – sensitive information from opposing teams in Firewall Zero Hour, a 4v4 tactical shooter developed exclusively for PS VR. Dive straight into these intense multiplayer battles when Firewall Zero Hour’s new season – Operation: Black Dawn – also begins 4th February, featuring a new map (Oil Rig) available for all players, and other free content!

All three games will be available from 4th February to 2nd March. This means January’s games will be available via PS Plus for just a few more days, so grab ’em before they’re gone!

For more information about PS Plus, visit our webpage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rayderism

Bioshock Collection.....already own.

Sims 4....just a tiny piece of the whole game and I refuse to buy DLC for a PS+ freebie. Besides, I wouldn't buy any game that cuts so much from the game, then piecemeals its content as DLC as ridiculously as this one does.

Firewall Zero Hour......I'm blind in one eye, so VR games are not going to be impressive to me without the ability to see the stereoscopic 3D. Because of that, I don't own PSVR, which renders this game moot to me.

xrnzaaas

It's a great month for someone who hasn't played all BioShock games or wants to refresh their memory. I'm glad about Firewall, maybe I'll get a PSVR one day and I'll have a nice library of games to start with.

Great month, although at this point we should be getting two PSVR games a month to replace the lost PSVita and PS3 titles, not just one as an occasional 'bonus'.

Blood Borne

I’ve only played BioShock Infinite, thought it was a decent game. But I heard 1 and 2 are better, especially 2, I heard it was the best. I’ll be sure to give it a try.

McCheese

Great list.

Did Zero Hour ever add host migration? the game is fantastic, but due to getting kicked back to the title screen every single time the host leaves I just stopped playing as I was spending half the time looking for a good match.

Robins

Bioshock Collection.....already own.

Sims 4....just a tiny piece of the whole game and I refuse to buy DLC for a PS+ freebie. Besides, I wouldn't buy any game that cuts so much from the game, then piecemeals its content as DLC as ridiculously as this one does.

Firewall Zero Hour......I'm blind in one eye, so VR games are not going to be impressive to me without the ability to see the stereoscopic 3D. Because of that, I don't own PSVR, which renders this game moot to me.

Have you tried VR?

I have a friend who's blind in one eye and he really enjoys it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Awesome! I never played.......

14d820d1e5f7c01a2743a3f08b923105.jpg

3845.jpg

Rayderism

Have you tried VR?

I have a friend who's blind in one eye and he really enjoys it.

Yeah, I tried it at Best Buy back when they had demo units set up. Head tracking was cool, but no ability to see stereoscopic 3D just made it depressing for me to use, because I KNOW I would have loved it if I could see the 3D effect. I wasn't always blind in one eye (car battery explosion), and experienced a more primitive version of VR prior to its loss in 1991 (no head tracking). I remember how amazing it was back then. It is not amazing to me without the ability to see that 3D effect. Head tacking alone is not enough. It's depressing because even after nearly 30 after the loss of that eye, I still haven't gotten over the loss of ability to see 3D. My vision was my gift. I used to be able to see better than anyone else I knew. That ended in '91 and due to....optic sympathy (I think that's what they called it) my good eye tried to balance with my bad eye and now I'm forced to wear glasses just to see at all.

Yes, I know, sounds like boohoo, wah-wah. But get one of your eyes gouged out and see how you feel. People take 3D vision for granted until they don't have it anymore. People born without that ability don't know the difference like I do. It limits you in ways you might not realize.

drganon

I already own the bioshock collection, but sims 4 is somewhat appealing. My pc is a piece of shit so the console version is the only way I can play this. I know how bare bones it is, but not having to pay for it makes it appealing enough to download and try it out.

Hostile_18

Banned
So jealous of anyone playing the Bioshock games for the first time. This and the Uncharted collection value wise are probably the best offering this gen, all three are A+ games.

Would you kindly give them a go if you havent already.

I would just like to inform people playing the Bioshock 1 and 2 collection for the first time, if you use too many seperate game saves in Bioshock 1, when you come to play 2 you will get an unable to save message, it then asks you to delete data, what it doesent tell you is that its only Bioshock saves you should delete, had to google the solution, turns out its been around for years ffs.

Somebody else got the problem in Firewall Zero Hour, that your DS4 isn't recognized by the game? It works in everything else... menus, games, other VR-games. Only FZH just borked it.

xrnzaaas

I'm ok with that, although, 3 months in a row getting previous gens ports... eh...
SotC is a remake (although a poor one imo ;)).

If the rumor is true then there's definitely a pattern here, because Sony is giving away PlayStation Hits games. No point in buying them if you have PS+. ;)

Last edited:

Shmunter

New Firewall patch 1.78 just dropped, got excited it may be ps5 aware - but it says only bug fixes in nots. 👎🏻

Top Bottom