• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXII us box art?

u_neek

90060571.jpg

From DVDBoxoffice.com

That's not it, but it's pretty good nonetheless The colors of Vaan and Ashe match the earth/sky tones they said were thematically important to the game. So it's a far sight better than your usual EB World mockup.

belgurdo

Banned
Seeing as how everything on a FF logo has significance, does anyone know what the hell that swoosh is supposed to represent?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
TheGreenGiant said:
I was going to say something similarly inappropriate.

Regardless, that's most assuredly a placeholder cover, but it's a pretty nice placeholder. I wouldn't mind it that were final art (which I doubt it will be).

Might not be the US cover art, but get rid of Van and Ashe in the background and you've pretty much got the Jap and PAL boxarts there. =P

belgurdo said:
Seeing as how everything on a FF logo has significance, does anyone know what the hell that swoosh is supposed to represent?

The orange is the earth (cities and empires) and the blue is the sky (sky pirates and freedom), so the "swoosh" is supposed to be the connection and bridge between these two worlds. According to Matsuno, at least.

Like Meta said, it's almost assuredly fake, but I've seen much worse actual box art.

belgurdo

Banned
JackFrost2012 said:
The orange is the earth (cities and empires) and the blue is the sky (sky pirates and freedom), so the "swoosh" is supposed to be the connection and bridge between these two worlds. According to Matsuno, at least.

Like Meta said, it's almost assuredly fake, but I've seen much worse actual box art.

Dear God I hope that means a return to multiple world maps

i think the use of a giant vertical logo is really questionable. It looks cool when you can see the whole thing, but in practice most promotional designs either reduce it to standard size so you can't make out any details, or else omit the picture part of the logo altogether.

Belfast

belgurdo said:
Dear God I hope that means a return to multiple world maps

Didn't he say there wasn't going to be an overworld map? That everything is connected? Or am I just thinking of the bullshit way FFX got around using a world map?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Belfast said:
Didn't he say there wasn't going to be an overworld map? That everything is connected? Or am I just thinking of the bullshit way FFX got around using a world map?

Everything is connected in the same way Final Fantasy XI is. You walk where you want to go, at least from what I've seen. Given the Sky Pirate theme they got going on, I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to get a sky ship and fly from place to place later on.

Top Bottom