• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

I wish SE would release FFXI and FFXIV offline soon.

It's weird. Technically I've completed all mainline FF games but XI and XIV are the missing gaps coz they're MMOs.

I'd be thankful if SE turn FFXI into free to play mmo.

Yeah but you'd be missing out on dungeons and raids which sucks

Raids yeah, but there's matchmaking of sort for dungeons. I played on japanese server and even communicated just fine using the universal language chat macro.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Or you could just play them as they are. XIV in particular is very solo-friendly.

I get this impression that XI and XIV are never-ending MMOs with no one singular ending, like there's no actual finale.

Then again, my only exposure to MMOs is Ragnarok Online. That game had no end in sight and it's just a grind and hunt fest.

crimilde

Banned
I've a question since I don't normally preorder digitally. PS4 says the preload date is the 27th. Will it also download the ~7GB patch then or do it only once the game unlocks?

kurahador

I get this impression that XI and XIV are never-ending MMOs with no one singular ending, like there's no actual finale.

Then again, my only exposure to MMOs is Ragnarok Online. That game had no end in sight and it's just a grind and hunt fest.

lol...I was like that too. Then WoW came out and blew my mind. I think it's possible FFXIV will do the same to you if you're really unfamiliar with modern mmo.

Ragnarok Online is notorious for being never ending. At least the FF MMOs have stories that wrap up. Isn't the next expansion, Stormblood, the final one?

So I don't mean to derail the topic of XI and XIV, but I just got an email from UPS about a package that's preparing to be shipped to my house. Doesn't say what city it's being sent from but the company is apparently TECHNICOLOR HES SE LLC. It's also scheduled to arrive on Wednesday the 30th. And it's 11 pounds haha. I went to go check on my Square Enix order of my UCE and the status was changed from shipping to shipped. I'm guessing that my UCE is the mysterious item from UPS.

Now to know what to do with it once it arrives! My desire to play this game
has been extremely lessened cause of...stuff...but
it's still pretty interesting!

1ejiiu.jpg

I own both artbooks, just... haven't started the game yet...

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Years of Kagari!Praise + the last few pages of this topic = I will definitely play FFXIV sometime in the next half a year.

Definitely.

It'll be my first MMO. Scary.

sappyday

I bought XIV like two years ago. Was overwhelmed since it was the first MMO I jumped in so I gave up on it. Redownloaded it earlier last month and paid the subscription. I got to lvl 10 just doing a bunch of side quests but I got bored. Then I got Skyrim, which I probably won't be done with until XV comes out which will no doubt take up all of December. I'll probably jump back in 2017.

Ploid 3.0

They are releasing aF2P version on phones

Still can't believe that. I finally got a chance to dual box in FFXI and if was awesome. I would pay hundreds for a offline FFXII like version. Realtime with pause rpg gameplay, detailed gambits, and it will be my game of the forever.

As someone not big into MMOs I really enjoy FFXIV and just stick to solo adventuring. Its a beautiful looking game on PS4 with a great world and characters. It really surprised me.

It's good to hear about the solo adventuring! I've always been a bit concerned about MMOs being a bit of a time sink + raids, but I've heard good things about playing FFXIV more at your own pace. I'm quite tempted.

Years of Kagari!Praise + the last few pages of this topic = I will definitely play FFXIV sometime in the next half a year.

Definitely.

It'll be my first MMO. Scary.

Ha, yep! I've always found MMOs quite intimidating.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
FFXIV dungeons, raids and trails battles are the best parts of any final fantasy for me. Now is probably the best time to try and get into it because the whole game is in catch up mode at the end of this expansion. FFXIV has it's flaws but there are parts that for me no other FF can match (can't comment on FXI though). Sorry to add off topic discussion though

I was speaking in context to losing progress...

If you mess up the fight along the way you would have to continue. I'm excited for this game but even at face value at some point by hour 2 you will have been sick of the boss battle. If it's dynamic that's amazing but I wouldn't hold my breath.

If you mess up the fight along the way you would have to continue. I'm excited for this game but even at face value at some point by hour 2 you will have been sick of the boss battle. If it's dynamic that's amazing but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Again, I was replying to whether or not you can save and resume the fight later...obviously a 10 hour fight is not something anybody would look forward to.

Guess I should have realized not everyone would look at what I quoted lol

As someone who tried really hard to get into FFXIV. I am sorry to say but it is overrated. Maybe it is fun with friends but playing it Solo was a dull experience.

I even purchased 3 months sub to try it and never managed to find the strength to go back to it.

Final Fantasy XI's story has ended with conclusive finale, actually.

Shy

A couple of questions. I'm from the UK.

1: The only way i'll ever be to get A King's Tale is if you pre-order from GAME. Correct. ? (What happens after XV is out. ?)
2: the Deluxe physical version that's only at GAME, doesn't list the season pass. But the digital version on PSN does, is that a mistake on GAME's site. ?

Thank you in advance for you time.

As someone who tried really hard to get into FFXIV. I am sorry to say but it is overrated. Maybe it is fun with friends but playing it Solo was a dull experience.

I even purchased 3 months sub to try it and never managed to find the strength to go back to it.

Same here. Though I was extremely heavy into XI, and felt it to be a better overall game than XIV. Maybe it's evolved past I don't know. But the base XI was and is vast superior.

So I don't mean to derail the topic of XI and XIV, but I just got an email from UPS about a package that's preparing to be shipped to my house. Doesn't say what city it's being sent from but the company is apparently TECHNICOLOR HES SE LLC. It's also scheduled to arrive on Wednesday the 30th. And it's 11 pounds haha. I went to go check on my Square Enix order of my UCE and the status was changed from shipping to shipped. I'm guessing that my UCE is the mysterious item from UPS.

Now to know what to do with it once it arrives! My desire to play this game
has been extremely lessened cause of...stuff...but
it's still pretty interesting!

I'll have to double-check what the name of the distributor is from SE, but that sounds about right, yeah.

Probably preparing them to ship this week.

Just got mine, scheduled to arrive on the 30th.

KeRaSh

XI has a mission structure for vanilla and all expansions. So there is definitely an end there and it's well worth it. With so called Trusts you can basically solo most of FFXI. I jumped back in with my brother for a while just to relive the glory and we loved every second of it. If you have some free time you might actually get through most of the story content withing the free month or with a few additional months. With the game being as cheap as it is you could probably play it for 3-4 month and still only pay the price of one new game but with the added bonus of having the content of 10 games.

Kuraudo

Banned
A couple of questions. I'm from the UK.

1: The only way i'll ever be to get A King's Tale is if you pre-order from GAME. Correct. ? (What happens after XV is out. ?)
2: the Deluxe physical version that's only at GAME, doesn't list the season pass. But the digital version on PSN does, is that a mistake on GAME's site. ?

Thank you in advance for you time.

1. Yes. So far preordering from GAME is the only announced way to get A King's Tale.
2. The Deluxe physical edition comes with the game, Kingsglaive, and a steelbook. There is no season pass.

Shy

1. Yes. So far preordering from GAME is the only announced way to get A King's Tale.
2. The Deluxe physical edition comes with the game, Kingsglaive, and a steelbook. There is no season pass.
Ok. Thank you very much.

It was driving me mental.

How much of the e3 2013 rereveal trailer made it into the game in a recognizable format? There were a lot of Uncharted style dynamic levels(collapsing rooftops, hanging from cranes, etc) and platforming systems that don't seem to have been hinted at in any more recent footage.

Don't want to go into the spoiler thread at all but I was just wondering if all of the much more actiony set pieces had been abandoned.

How much of the e3 2013 rereveal trailer made it into the game in a recognizable format? There were a lot of Uncharted style dynamic levels(collapsing rooftops, hanging from cranes, etc) and platforming systems that don't seem to have been hinted at in any more recent footage.

Don't want to go into the spoiler thread at all but I was just wondering if all of the much more actiony set pieces had been abandoned.

That invasion was removed from the game and put into Kingsglaive. Tabata said if they put the invasion into the game it woulda been delayed 6 months.

valkyre

Day 1 patch details where art thou.....?!

Arent these the patch notes?

Version 1.01

Various bug fixes
New items and cutscenes
Cutscene adjustments
Deeper combat, driving and other game mechanics

Saved games must be updated to work with the current version of the game.

Current version saves will not work with the former version of the game.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Verendus' impressions actually got in my head and screwed with me. For one glorious night I was preparing myself for a new GOAT title, listening to the music and watching trailers, knowing it was confirmed to be the greatest realization of what I was hoping for.

Now we're back in "wait n see" mode, and I'm feeling kind of pessimistic. The crash was hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom