• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fifa Switch will be reportedly based off the PS3/360 versions

giphy.gif

Alienous

I guess it really is just a Wii U squashed into a Wii U tablet. It's still an impressive technical feat but it's no more appealing as a console than the Wii U was.

I'm guessing EA isn't going to put much effort into Switch until they feel it's not as risky. Not surprised or Madden and some of their other games would also have been announced.

If someone's buying the Switch to play the newest third party games, they're doing it wrong and should be educated so as to not be disappointed later.

KrawlMan

This event is getting more depressing by the minute. Not that I was going to get FIFA, but if they cant easily port XB1 games, how will things be any different than Wii U?

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Dear EA,
Don't bother.
This event is getting more depressing by the minute. Not that I was going to get FIFA, but if they cant easily port XB1 games, how will things be any different than Wii U?
It's kinda obvious that they don't see the cost benefit for porting some version of the engine. Specially since Unreal 4 in some capacity is the system. It's still baffling to me that they chose FIFA over something like Garden Warfare 2...
But hey, they are a business and it's not like they would ever send some of their products out to die or anything.

At least they aren't pretending they care anymore. The EA guy at the press conference looked at shook as someone in a hostage tape who knows they are about to be executed.

Ekid

So Nintendo invited a dude on stage to announce a port of a sport game based on a version for 10 years old console ?

Insulting that they would put someone on stage to say it will be the most fully featured version of the game for Nintendo fans knowing it was a legacy edition. Straight up disrespect. Don't release the game at all...

Why did they fly that EA rep out and have Bill Trinen translate like it actually meant shit.

EA doesn't deserve a mention in the keynote after that move. Boo.

opricnik

Banned
So does looks like Skyrim.Graphics are downgraded to hell compare to reveal trailer which is stock footage of remaster edition(ps4 probably). No where in reveal they said special edition or remastered either safe to assume its 360port releasing late 2017 like 6 years later...

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
As a console, this is disappointing. As a handheld, this is fine.

Either way you look at it, this might be the last FIFA game on the system unless it takes off.

Brinbe

Said this yesterday but the sub-standard hardware is an embarrassment and will be the downfall of this thing. It's so far behind and the novelty of Nintendo in HD is no longer there. What we've seen frankly looks like crap and that Nintendo art design can't hide it any longer.

B.O.O.M

Now I'm sure we will have many years of the 'blame game' being played out on this topic. Is the lack of third party support the fault of third parties or Nintendo

Answer is Nintendo but the I'm sure there will many who will blame third parties for not making a proper effort or some nonsense like that.

Schnozberry

So does looks like Skyrim.Graphics are downgraded to hell compare to reveal trailer which is stock footage of remaster edition(ps4 probably). No where in reveal they said special edition or remastered either safe to assume its 360port releasing late 2017 like 6 years later...

The footage they showed had some of the updates. Better terrain textures, trees, etc than vanilla. Did people expect Skyrim to look like the PS4 remastered version?

Top Bottom