• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 4-10 | I-No what that finger smells like [18+]

Edgeward

1383967599hjk0l.gif

Third mechanic and maybe the fifth character, obviously.

I believe Ono's announcement of an announcement is suppose to coincide with the release of the PS4. So at the very least it's PS4 related. If that were the case it would rule out changes or additions made to USF4 but not something like a USF4 port to PS4. That's what I'm hoping for. I don't expect SF5 and I sure as hell hope it's not a old game collection. Just give me USF4 at 1080p and I'm good. Then everybody can watch my rage sessions when I stream from PS4.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TBQH making a viral video for a next gen port of a 5 year old game is pretty obnoxious.

Would be crazy if they updated visuals significantly though, and it isn't some lame next gen bonus like a new wave of thumb fighters or the extra filters the PC version got.

Unlucky

Ryan Ramirez ‏@fchampryan 3m
Capcom cup SF4 chars Akuma , Fei , Fei , Cammy , Sakura , Ibuki , Makoto and Gen #vortexfighter4

Dahbomb

TBQH making a viral video for a next gen port of a 5 year old game is pretty obnoxious.

Would be crazy if they updated visuals significantly though, and it isn't some lame next gen bonus like a new wave of thumb fighters or the extra filters the PC version got.
Take your expectations of the announcement... and take a giant dump on it.

Then MAYBE the announcement would come close to that.

What was the tournament that Infiltration and Justin were at in Korea, where it was all e-sports and Infiltration looked awkward as some girl tried to get him to dance.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";89239870]I can't stare at the face of a dude with no genuine emotions.[/QUOTE]

Every time I see him I think of the main character from American Psycho.

Can't really go wrong tipping him...but I don't know, Sako just tends not to win things like this.

You mean internationally? I'm more worried about Gackt in that regard.

Capcom Cup is a small invitational. Especially looking at the character mains involved, I think this is a better format for Sako than the usual American major.

What was the tournament that Infiltration and Justin were at in Korea, where it was all e-sports and Infiltration looked awkward as some girl tried to get him to dance.

The lg cup.

LG Cup? I think that was the tournament where the mobile version of SF4 game got a higher pay out then console version did lol.

You mean internationally? I'm more worried about Gackt in that regard.

Capcom Cup is a small invitational. Especially looking at the character mains involved, I think this is a better format for Sako than the usual American major.

Gackt does seem to be the dark horse.

But yeah, I'd agree Sako is the favourite. I personally don't rate Tokido that highly.

MavFan619

Banned

I personally am happy for a PS4 version. I don't mind the PS3 version but the more games I have for my PS4 the better.

Edgeward

I'm hoping for PS4 versions for USF4 and 3rd Strike. Maybe that's why they have been holding off on the patch, right? Right guys?!

And then hopefully the PSN on the 4 won't be so terrible

Or finally an arcade perfect Super Turbo GGPO port. Capcom pls

Jake.

thought this would be a good place to ask as opposed to making a new thread - what is the best system i can buy for fighting games currently (i live in australia but don't mind importing)? i haven't played anything since i sold my ps2 in 2003 and have obviously missed out on a decade of stuff + the fact arcades are non-existent here. i religiously played every fighter on the psx and ps2 up to that stage, though. is it worth just getting a cheap ps3 and burning through what i've missed out on? where do i start? i'm about to turn 27 and have just got the itch again after not playing for almost a decade. thanks for any advice.

edit: TECHNICALLY speaking, i did play tekken 5 when i was in japan for about 10mins but i obviously sucked ass. for the record, i have never even played mvc2 before.

Beesuit

Is he trying to pick her nose?
That was the Chun Li cosplay who kept score with her on a couple occasions, not Zhi. You can see the flip scoreboard on her lap and a little bit of Chun's blue sleeve on the edge of the pic. She was just try to poke her cheek and she decided to try and bite it instead lol

thought this would be a good place to ask as opposed to making a new thread - what is the best system i can buy for fighting games currently (i live in australia but don't mind importing)? i haven't played anything since i sold my ps2 in 2003 and have obviously missed out on a decade of stuff + the fact arcades are non-existent here. i religiously played every fighter on the psx and ps2 up to that stage, though. is it worth just getting a cheap ps3 and burning through what i've missed out on? where do i start? i'm about to turn 27 and have just got the itch again after not playing for almost a decade. thanks for any advice.

edit: TECHNICALLY speaking, i did play tekken 5 when i was in japan for about 10mins but i obviously sucked ass. for the record, i have never even played mvc2 before.
I'd say get either 360 or PS3 since sticks are readily available on those, and they have the old re-releases along with the newer games as well.

I wouldn't recommend a 360 for any fighting games despite what other would tell you. Get a PS3. Since you played on PS before, I assume you would like to use a PS pad. If you want to use DS1or 2 you can get an InPin convertor from E-toki shop, if you want to use a s DS3 or DS4 they plug right in.

Might I advise you. you don't really "catch up" on fighting games. Best thing to do would be to pick up and play all of the current iterations of all the fighting game franchise, try them out, find 1 or 2 that you like and then take those a bit more seriously and start putting in time.

Also for the love of god play what YOU like and not what's popular. Way too many people do that these days.

USD

3rd TOPANGA LEAGUE (A) ROUND 6

Mago (Fei Long) vs. Uryo (C.Viper)
3-1 ●○●●
Kazunoko (Yun) vs. Haitani (Makoto)
3-0 ○○○
wao (Oni) vs. Dashio (Seth)
0-3 ●●●
sako (Ibuki) vs. Bonchan (Sagat)
0-3 ●●●
Uryo (C.Viper) vs. Michael-tan (Ken)
2-3 ●○●○●
Mago (Fei Long) vs. Haitani (Makoto)
3-1 ●○○○
Bonchan (Sagat) vs. Dashio (Seth)
3-0 ○○○
Umehara (Ryu) vs. sako (Ibuki)
0-3 ●●●
Michael-tan (Ken) vs. Kazunoko (Yun)
0-3 ●●●
Haitani (Makoto) vs. Dashio (Seth)
3-0 ○○○
Umehara (Ryu) vs. wao (Oni)
2-3 ○●●○●

wao, Umehara, Michael-tan and Momochi advance to the upper finals league. Haitani and Mago drop from competition, falling to B League. The remaining players advance to the lower finals league.
The two top players from the lower final leagues will advance to the upper finals league.

BadWolf

PS3 is the way to go I think, not only does it have pretty much all the essentials from this gen but moving forward it may get better support.

The new Guilty Gear for example has been announced PS3/PS4 only iirc, no 360 version.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So it ended up being two Fei Longs going to Capcom Cup. I guess this is the character's last hurrah before Capcom nerfs him to hell. Such a shame since he's really fun to use as I started using him recently.

SmokeMaxX

I wouldn't recommend a 360 for any fighting games despite what other would tell you. Get a PS3. Since you played on PS before, I assume you would like to use a PS pad. If you want to use DS1or 2 you can get an InPin convertor from E-toki shop, if you want to use a s DS3 or DS4 they plug right in.

Might I advise you. you don't really "catch up" on fighting games. Best thing to do would be to pick up and play all of the current iterations of all the fighting game franchise, try them out, find 1 or 2 that you like and then take those a bit more seriously and start putting in time.

Also for the love of god play what YOU like and not what's popular. Way too many people do that these days.
...wat

Marz

So it ended up being two Fei Longs going to Capcom Cup. I guess this is the character's last hurrah before Capcom nerfs him to hell. Such a shame since he's really fun to use as I started using him recently.

Fei Long and Adon are the 2 most boring characters to play imo.

Dahbomb

I like playing Fei Long. I have been playing him in a few matches online. Maybe I am just naturally attracted to his derpiness but his toolset resonates with me. But those 1 frame links are brutal man!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I like playing Fei Long. I have been playing him in a few matches online. Maybe I am just naturally attracted to his derpiness but his toolset resonates with me. But those 1 frame links are brutal man!

They're not so bad if you learn to plink.

Try Makoto's hayate cancel combos sometime. Shit is rough. Even Haitani doesn't go for that shit too often.

Marz

Oh no doubt his toolset is amazing and being able to do whatever you want is fun I guess but don't tell me you get hyped to watch some Fei Long mirrors.

Top Bottom