• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Combo Breaker, RedBull Kumite, ELEAGUE, Tekken 7 UK

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Had a feeling Snake would choke. Better luck next time

I have been watching SnakeEyes in various tourneys on and off over the past few years, and I can tell you with 100% certainty, he is STILL not quite ready for prime time. The guy is and probably will forever be a complete choke artist. I can't tell you how many times I've watched him choke his way out of winning a tourney or high profile match. He's still got work to do.

Lulubop

I have been watching SnakeEyes in various tourneys on and off over the past few years, and I can tell you with 100% certainty, he is STILL not quite ready for prime time. The guy is and probably will forever be a complete choke artist. I can't tell you how many times I've watched him choke his away out of winning a tourney or high profile match. He's still got work to do.

Lol how did Snake choke? It's hard match up, come on. He played it extremely well.

Blueblur1

That's a good looking SFIV Ryu on the Switch.

IS6Ez3e.png

Who's that dude in the middle? Looks like a real life Luigi.

Ninjimbo

Kind of unfair to be calling SnakeEyez a choke artist. He was fighting an uphill battle against a player who is better than him and was using a character that had a strong advantage. SnakeEyez had to play perfect and Du had to make mistakes in order for him to win. It's insanely hard to pull that off.

JeTmAn81

Kind of unfair to be calling SnakeEyez a choke artist. He was fighting an uphill battle against a player who is better than him and was using a character that had a strong advantage. SnakeEyez had to play perfect and Du had to make mistakes in order for him to win. It's insanely hard to pull that off.

"My characters are not good enough" is not the best excuse for losing

Ninjimbo

"My characters are not good enough" is not the best excuse for losing
But it's true. How else are you going to navigate through Du's barrage of booms without taking significant hits to your health? He can't just will himself to a victory. This isn't Gurren Lagann.

Tripon

I think Snakeeyes has personally done well against Du historically. It's the shift from 4 to 5, and Du becoming one of the very best in the world that moved it in Du's favor so much now.

JeTmAn81

But it's true. How else are you going to navigate through Du's barrage of booms without taking significant hits to your health? He can't just will himself to a victory. This isn't Gurren Lagann.

You're right, let's shut the whole thing down. Nuckledu and Guile won SFV forever. Until a nerf.

MCD250

I wouldn't say Snake "choked", but if he'd made just a few small adjustments towards the end he could have taken it for sure. I feel like maybe he got a little too greedy/impatient with the SPDs as the set went on, and that cost him when Du would jump away. There were times when he also kept trying to catch Du backdashing to score a crush counter with Gief's sHK, which whiffs on crouchers, so when Du would just stay put and crouching Snake would leave himself open. I feel like if Snake had just kept it patient and simple and mostly just poked away at Du, he would have had it in the bag. You could tell from the way he was playing that Du was completely terrified of Snake towards the end, Snake could have used that to his advantage a bit more.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Snake has always done well in bad matchups. He's the only SFIV Gief to dominate any Sim player. Saty knows this well. Him losing against Du is the expected outcome. But him making it not free is what is surprising because any other Gief player would get destroyed including Itazan.

Ninjimbo

Snake has always done well in bad matchups. He's the only SFIV Gief to dominate any Sim player. Saty knows this well. Him losing against Du is the expected outcome. But him making it not free is what is surprising because any other Gief player would get destroyed including Itazan.
Don't know about that. There's some good videos of Itazan thriving against good Guile players like Doyanbo. He's even slapped around good Dhalsims like FChamp and Mochi.

Of course, Du is on another plain. He's the gold standard for Guile. His boom game is claustrophobic. I really would like to see how Itazan would navigate around it.

Top Bottom