• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Settin

And it all started with a single bishoujo. XD

In the interest of promoting the new thread, and totally not to boost my post count, I suggest we discuss our first figures that got us hooked. My addiction arose from Left Hand's Motoko Kusanagi. God-tier figure from a god-tier show.

raven777

GSC Honoka is up for reservation at the GSC international site. 9,800yen though....

waiting for it to show up in amiami.

In the interest of promoting the new thread, and totally not to boost my post count, I suggest we discuss our first figures that got us hooked. My addiction arose from Left Hand's Motoko Kusanagi. God-tier figure from a god-tier show.

Marvel / DC bishoujos were my poison. I'm a big comics fan, and I decided to pick up a few to fill up some shelf space.... Two detolfs and a billy bookcase later....

johnsmith

remember me
I don't think I've ever seen this for sale before.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=HOB-FIG-7050
(Pre-owned ITEM:A-/BOX:B)Pleinair-san Shark Backbone Bending ver. Complete Figure(Released)
HOB-FIG-7050.jpg

I fell in love with these years before I started collecting figures. I was lucky they got rereleased soon after I started collecting.
12076954273_9cb7a941ed_o.jpg

12056551043_1113f3c5da_o.jpg

omlet

My first figure was the Ignis I linked at the end of OT1 . I first saw it on super rats' blog http://www.happysoda.com/101/ in 2006. I don't remember when I actually purchased it, probably 2007. Still one of my favorites in my collection. I average about 3 figures a year (7 years, 21 figures).

Josephl64

I joined at the tail end of the last OT...wonder if I'll be on the wall of shame this time around.

I see so many things I want since I've just started that it's going to be hard to hold back

No, she doesn't. I just can't see myself paying 5k for her. What is she from? She looks like she's from a Nippon Ichi game or something.

She's the mascot for the character designer of the Disgaea games. She used to show up a lot more but it seems that Asagi has taken the mascot shows up in every game role now. She's mostly a DLC character now, poor girl

Danferno

I was visiting with a college friend who collects figures and we got to talking. I vaguely remembered seeing Momohime years ago on a news site and I went searching (I loved Muramasa: The Demon Blade on Wii). As luck would have it, pre-orders for the reissue had just opened.

And shortly after that, Velvet was re-issued.

Then I passed out and woke up with about 20 figures. Not sure what happened.

Edit:

I fell in love with these years before I started collecting figures. I was lucky they got rereleased soon after I started collecting.
12076954273_9cb7a941ed_o.jpg

12056551043_1113f3c5da_o.jpg

Apparently johnsmith, Master Enabler(tm) happened.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well, since people have already ruined the thread's mint in box status by posting in it, I guess I have to as well.

She's the mascot for the character designer of the Disgaea games. She used to show up a lot more but it seems that Asagi has taken the mascot shows up in every game role now. She's mostly a DLC character now, poor girl

oh my god, Nippon Ichi just rapes every game they release with DLC now. Like, 30 DLC characters guaranteed for every game. I hate when they flood the marketplace with that stuff.

johnsmith

remember me
I was visiting with a college friend who collects figures and we got to talking. I vaguely remembered seeing Momohime years ago on a news site and I went searching (I loved Muramasa: The Demon Blade on Wii). As luck would have it, pre-orders for the reissue had just opened.

And shortly after that, Velvet was re-issued.

Then I passed out and woke up with about 20 figures. Not sure what happened.

oh my god, Nippon Ichi just rapes every game they release with DLC now. Like, 30 DLC characters guaranteed for every game. I hate when they flood the marketplace with that stuff.

Luckily all the Disgaea Vita ports come with all the DLC now so you could just wait if you wanted to

Jube3

So I've now pre-ordered every Hot Toy from the Winter Soldier... Pray for me once Guardians of the Galaxy stuff comes out :(

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I believe that Tharja was the first figure that got me actually looking into collecting from her previews.

Sailing Away Nami was the first figure I actually purchased.

Momohime was the first figure I imported/pre-ordered.

javac

I was interested in figures for years but was all meh don't want to waste money. One day I was like "Let's see if there's any Gunbuster/Diebuster figures...crap I need these." Then I just went after the figures I've always had my eye on. Canti, Lagann SRC, Gunbuster SRC, Noriko Kotobukiya, Samus Max Factory etc. Once I started buying them I'd discover other gems that I thought looked cool.

I've always stood by the idea that I'd only buy figures from characters/shows/games that I like and have watched/played. Even if the figure looks amazing I wouldn't touch it. That's why my only pre orders are the KLK figures. I didn't expect to buy as much as I have, and there's a few I could have done without...but then again that's true for all of them really. I kinda feel like I should have continued to ignore them, enjoy them from a distance but oh well. My first figure was Bome Noriko in any case.

Giolon

A friend of mine at work started talking about and bringing in figures that he was collecting, and I thought they were awesome but never wanted to spend OMG $50-$60 on a figure!

Then I saw this beauty (Shuraki Nida):

And started my decline. I wish figures only cost $50-$60 these days.

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't bring my all-time favorite girl Asmodeus into the new thread:

And I'm proud I didn't crack the Top 10 wall of shame yet, lol!

raven777

I've always stood by the idea that I'd only buy figures from characters/shows/games that I like and have watched/played. Even if the figure looks amazing I wouldn't touch it.

I came in with this stance as well, but when I saw Olivia I changed my mind.

btw if anybody is interested in sanada, 10k is a steal considering it goes for 15k on amiami. Its an exclusive so prob 0% of re-release

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't collect figures, but I visit the figure thread daily. This is one of my favorite threads on GAF. You guys post such adorable figures all the time and are super rad to one another. Really excited to see the new figures you guys pick up this time around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom