• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceir

I think you would advise against aiming for a specific pull but I heard she's a true killer machine lol.

I think aiming for specific trust rewards when there's a rate-up for those would be the best way to spend your lapis/tickets. Zidane specifically.

Obviously it's smart to have some stocked up lapis for when characters like Lightning pop up, but I wouldn't count on getting her even if I drop 30k lapis on pulls. It's not a very reliable plan.

Yu Narukami

I think aiming for specific trust rewards when there's a rate-up for those would be the best way to spend your lapis/tickets. Zidane specifically.

Obviously it's smart to have some stocked up lapis for when characters like Lightning pop up, but I wouldn't count on getting her even if I drop 30k lapis on pulls. It's not a very reliable plan.

I thought grinding for trust rewards was really hardcore?

they are friend summons. not amazing (got some cool abilities though) stat wise so don't expect many friends having them up.

I have browsed through a few hundred people to befriend (from the friends menu) and I've seen pretty much every other character dozens of times, no matter if they're the most common or the rarest. One would think at least someone would put up one of the dudes in the giant magitek armor...

If any of you has them, you might want to consider sharing them if only because of how utterly rare they seem to be. Granted, once we all get Magitek Terra it might be pointless...

Negator

Was scouring the Internet looking for Edgar users to carry me through the adv exp dungeon, and those seem rare as hell.

Rixa

Erm by accident I just stormed thru exp adv dungeon. I was thinking it was adv awaken mat dung. Thus choose friend exdeath somewhere under 40 lvl. Got the dungeon thru surprisingly easily and then noticed oh Crap it was exp. My Vaan is at 40 so I need mats to awaken him, not exp.

Cursing for this stupid mistake I decided to use 10€ for Lapis. So I got 1500 gems, used 900 for slots, mostly friend slots...

Now Iam at 65/100, so send me fr
147,899,569 / RixGAF

Ill accept you all, so long as I have room. Just log in daily and send friend gifts.

My 2nd Lapis pull... I got Cyan 3*, so it was nice pull. I just dont know what Cyan does.

Yeah Not pulling more before Release hits.

forgrim

so what's the overall strategy for lapis? alot of people are saying just hoard it, and wait for character up rates. I only pulled once (on top of my cecil) and got maria which doesn't help me at all.

just wondering

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
so what's the overall strategy for lapis? alot of people are saying just hoard it, and wait for character up rates. I only pulled once (on top of my cecil) and got maria which doesn't help me at all.

just wondering

I pulled a couple times to get rid or Rain. Wanted each slot filled with a semi decent character.

Now I'm in slot mode. All lapis goes to increasing friend limit. after that I save for lightning.

just wondering
I'm going to see how far I can go with only Rain and Laswell.
Got them both to 5* now.
My freebie "friend points" crew with them sucks, but whatever.

Shouta

just wondering

Pull when you feel like it and you feel like you need something better for that slot in your party.

I usually just pull for events that require farming and you get bonus drops for having that unit in your party. You'll get those units and then probably will fill out your roster as you do that, lol.

Aurizen

You guys think we'll reach the 5.5 million Milestone? It could be a great start for us who's just starting off to get great units.

chrono01

I keep checking the Canadian app store, hoping that this is one of the games that has a stealth soft-launch here. No luck yet. :(

You guys think we'll reach the 5.5 million Milestone? It could be a great start for us who's just starting off to get great units.
I'm curious whether it'll be a code (sent to the email address you pre-register with) or something everyone receives. If it's a mass thing, it would make re-rolling for a specific unit A LOT easier. I have a feeling that it will be the former, though.

I'm curious whether it'll be a code (sent to the email address you pre-register with) or something everyone receives. If it's a mass thing, it would make re-rolling for a specific unit A LOT easier. I have a feeling that it will be the former, though.
Is there even a code option in menu ? Don't think I've seen one.

Anyone else like not able to recruit friends ?
It always says "either him or you is full", but makes no sense that basically everyone i've tried is full.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I have a feeling it will be given when you link a Facebook or something. Seems bizarre if they give it to reroll accounts each time; but I never underestimate mobile gaming.

Heng

I've been using my lapis for pulls, and after getting Luna, Clyne, Vivi, and Maria, I've decided to stop and start hoarding them. Forging armor (hat and body armor) seems useless. It costs more gold to buy the actual equipment but at the same time I don't have to use my materials for them. It feels like it's better to use these materials for accessories.

Does anyone know what star quarts are used for? I got 24 magicite and I don't know if it's worth turning the quest in or if I should just level Ifrit.

Eventually they can be traded in for stuff. IDK for what though. I'd think it must be good, considering how rare they are (hidden in chests, drops from rare cactuars, etc...).

Trying to get someone with bioblaster cause Vivi sucks at poisoning the White Dragon. about 80-90% of the time I only land paralyze and then get screwed over cause poison won't hit

chrono01

Is there even a code option in menu ? Don't think I've seen one.

Anyone else like not able to recruit friends ?
It always says "either him or you is full", but makes no sense that basically everyone i've tried is full.
I'm not playing yet (waiting on the official release), so I can't say. It's possible. If not, it could be similar to Chain Chronicle, where they gave you a code (via email) that you enter on a website, alongside your Player ID. Once completed, they mail you the items in-game.

Or maybe they'll just give everyone the items, no questions asked. Obviously, that would be the ideal scenario, haha.

RalchAC

My team right now is:

3* Rain
3* Lasswell
4* Rydia
2* White Mage
3* Exdeath

I need those damn Heaven Ashes. And Exdeath needs a lot of awaken materials.

Bigrx1

Banned
For those who aren't aware, Rain just got Full Break in the JP version with his 6 star upgrade, so we will get that down the line too. Makes the Vaan need a little less.

Shouta

For those who aren't aware, Rain just got Full Break in the JP version with his 6 star upgrade, so we will get that down the line too. Makes the Vaan need a little less.

That happened today in fact. He got Undermine which is basically a Full Break with a little more power behind it. He also got Leadership which grants a 40% buff to all stats for 3 turns.

bonkeng

Why is Vaan considered top tier? From reading on reddit, he only goes up to 4*? While Bartz Cecil, Exdeath goes to 6*?

Im still rerolling though.

WarAdept

Now I just need 6 more Heavens Ash for Rain and he can join Lasswell at 5*.

U4eN0jr.jpg

bonkeng

You're good.

From what I've seen, Vaan is considered good because he has Full Break and support options while being a physical attacker. Vaan is a 5* unit.

Got a Vaan just now, but on his 3* form. Is it good enough?

Can we pull him with his 4 or 5* form?

Visceir

That is 6 months down the line for global players. I'm also 100% sure that Vaan will get 6* version in the upcoming months as there is another batch of FF XII characters planned already.

Got a Vaan just now, but on his 3* form. Is it good enough?

Can we pull him with his 4 or 5* form?

It would probably mean another week of rerolling if you'd want that, but yes, it is possible to get a 4* and 5* form of that char.

So now that I'm at 70 material slots I decided to look at what material I have...turns out I have over 99 of several which means they take up 2 slots in that inventory instead of 1. Time to make some gil I guess...

Also looking things up it would seem I'm going to running the awakening material dungeon a lot as that appears to be the only place currently available that drops spiritsand (needed for Lasswell and Rain 5*).

Yu Narukami

So now that I'm at 70 material slots I decided to look at what material I have...turns out I have over 99 of several which means they take up 2 slots in that inventory instead of 1. Time to make some gil I guess...

Also looking things up it would seem I'm going to running the awakening material dungeon a lot as that appears to be the only place currently available that drops spiritsand (needed for Lasswell and Rain 5*).
Spiritsand can also be stolen from a few monsters in the colosseum but its a very rare steal.

Chucker

Google had no problem taking my money. Grabbed Early bird from there.

Got a 4* Fran and 3* Kirie.

Trying to decide if I want to use my 2 tickets or not since the early bird will be coming around on the launch as well.
Current team is 3* Lasswell, Rain, Kain, Kirie, Vivi.
Don't really have a heavy hitter.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I just unlocked Coliseum....right now im just tagging along and doing the Mainquest and its fun so far. Just wondering any tips or recommendation for beginners i should know ? On the Vortex...what does the -2D, -1D etc. stand for - some kind of countdown?

And should i be running around in Farplane ? Just teleported there one and went back right away because wanted to focus on the regular story first lol.

You made the right choice. I've been rerolling for days and have nothing to show for it except Firion, who was underwhelming compared to the titans like Exdeath and Cecil, which led me to keep rerolling. Since then, I've had nothing but Penelo, Shadow, Galuf, Rydia, and Russell dupes. Be content with your decision because it's going to save you hours of exasperation.
Story quests will be easy to get through.

You might have some difficulties with trials/event dungeons but even those were easy in the beginning.

Not rerolling is the correct choise, you could always do it later on when they have rate-ups if you really felt like it. The current content in game can be cleared in couple hours.

Yeah thats what i did and so far i dont regret it - the game is really fun. Even if my main pull was lackluster i already have a couple of powerful friend leader so this will be helpful down the line.

I already read that we will likely be getting 10 Rare Summons once the game officially launches - i hope that i can get a couple useful units then.

No worries, just login daily and when he beta ends we hopefully get tickets (10) rhat you can pull. Ill add you to my friend list, just remember to send friend points daily.

Thanks for the invite - your Vaan rocks !!
I like the send/receive Pal Point mechanic in this game - even with a non Top Tier lead you will get Friendpoints, in games like PaD its more difficult to gather them if no one uses your lead xD

I just unlocked Coliseum....right now im just tagging along and doing the Mainquest.

Pejo

Gold Member
Does anybody have a list of all possible steal results in the Colosseum? I'm assuming it exists from the JP version, but maybe not.

The awakening dungeon is causing me a ton of grief, giving me only esper crysts and other super common drops. I'm looking specifically for esper tears and sacred crystals. if anyone happened to have stolen either.

Visceir

Does anybody have a list of all possible steal results in the Colosseum? I'm assuming it exists from the JP version, but maybe not.

The awakening dungeon is causing me a ton of grief, giving me only esper crysts and other super common drops. I'm looking specifically for esper tears and sacred crystals. if anyone happened to have stolen either.

The jp version started out with the second island and all those mats were farmable through those second island locations, much easier.

The only note-worthy thing people stole from coloseum was elixirs from C-1 boss.

Wortany

I'm going to stop with Record Keeper and Kindom Hearts x: Unchained, and keep going with only Brave Exvius.
Record Keeper was a nice nostalgia trip for the last year, but now it's more about grinding than the nostalgia, perhaps once it introduces an original storyline, I'll come back. And I've come to the realization that Kingdom Hearts x:Unchained doesn't really contain any worthwile content.

Now on a contradictory note: Currently grinding my 4* Edgar to max while waiting on the real release of Brave Exvius:

ID: 557,196,163
Sharing a 4* Edgar 36/60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom