• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Patch 3.5 trailer, due out January 17

FiraB

Banned
Looks fun. Too bad I can't get anyone at SE on the line to resolve my account issues (which is funny that they'll lock the account, but not actually stop charging you for it).
Yeah I had the same problem with SE Europe, sadly the dumb bastards somehow fck my whole account and left years of money and progress gone.

Asked SE Japan if they could fix it but it's a different system unfortunately and while they have my character data stored they have no way of transferring it to another account.

They did offer me a years sub free and all FFXIV licenses unlocked but you can't replace that attachment you get to a mmo character.

These trailers really make me miss this game.

Cmagus

Do people still do Diadem? That and the company airships were among some of the biggest disappointments of this expansion for me.

Just resubbed with the 50% off paysafecard offer, going through some of the 3.3 and 3.4 content now. Better hurry up! :D

Not really, i still go in from time to time to get some mats but battle wise it's almost dead. The new diadem is the exact same as the older one but now the crystal got bigger and you can go in the crystal now. I hope they've figured out a way to give it longevity this time around.

The trailer looks cool and I like how Sohm Al has the 1.0 battle music :)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Do people still do Diadem? That and the company airships were among some of the biggest disappointments of this expansion for me.

Just resubbed with the 50% off paysafecard offer, going through some of the 3.3 and 3.4 content now. Better hurry up! :D
The reason they are reworking the Diadem in the next update is because no one is doing/enjoying it, I assume.
I'm personally looking forward to it, since Diadem was added when I was away from the game and while I unlocked it, I never got to actually try it.

Stuart444

I've not tried the Diadem before. Might be time to try it.

Also patch looks good. Looking forward to more MSW stuff. Also need to start the HW Hildi stuff sometime soon.

Arkeband

Banned

People stopped doing Diadem shortly after it released because everyone realized it was trash.

It's a shame how many people pass on this game because; "It's a stupid MMO" or "It's just another WoW-clone."
Well, it's not.

It'd probably be better if it took more cues from WoW.

God, I'm going to be swamped with shit to do by the time Stormblood comes around. I only have one job at level 60, I'm way behind on the weapons quest at Azys lla, my ilevel is not where it should be, and I don't have any cool looking gear unless I grind tomes.

Gnomist

I do wish they were more clear about what is in Part I and what is in Part II. They told us that the revamped Diadem was in Part II, but looking at that trailer, you'd be forgiven for thinking it's coming in less than two weeks.

It would have been nice if they added that info in the content titles like they did with the 2.5 trailer. I think all that's announced for March is Diadem and most likely the back half of the main scenario quests.

Given the timing of the Diadem release I wouldn't be surprised if it will have the chance to drop gear that outclasses the final savage turn of Alexander. Sort of a bonus way to get great gear to help with the raid if you're still doing it or just to prepare your jobs for the journey to 70. It would at least encourage people to run it for the last 3 or 4 months of 3.0.

And that boss in the raid looks like the goth sister of Twilight Princess' Agitha....

Levito

Banned
Let the patches setting up Stormblood commence.

People stopped doing Diadem shortly after it released because everyone realized it was trash.

It'd probably be better if it took more cues from WoW.

I love that you come into every XIV thread just to poo-poo the game.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I guess March is when I'm coming back to the game, then!

Looking forward to blasting through all of the content added since 3.1 before the next expansion hits.

Keyouta

I need to catch up. I beat the main story in A Realm Reborn but fell off due to getting bored with the story content afterwards. I have Heavensward too so I really should get through it.

Plus Stormblood looks pretty enticing.

Kremzeek

Wow this is out sooner than I expected!

Guess I should start doing some roulettes again, and finish the Palace of the Dead...

Wow this is out sooner than I expected!

Last patch was late September, so a patch mid-January is pretty much in line with the standard schedule of major patch releases.

I know the long gap between Patch 2.5 part 1 and Heavensward was brutal as the interim Patch 2.55 (the part 2 patch) was very anaemic, with the only substantial content being the main story scenario and a rather unique trial that scared everyone from queuing up for trial roulette on Duty Finder for a short while. So I wonder (besides story) what is being withheld for the March patch, now that Palace of the Dead is done, all the raid series will have been completed, all the Primals for the 3.X series out, and Diadem revamped.

DarkKyo

I know the long gap between Patch 2.5 part 1 and Heavensward was brutal as the interim Patch 2.55 (the part 2 patch) was very anaemic, with the only substantial content being the main story scenario and a rather unique trial that scared everyone from queuing up for trial roulette on Duty Finder for a short while. So I wonder (besides story) what is being withheld for the March patch, now that Palace of the Dead is done, all the raid series will have been completed, all the Primals for the 3.X series out, and Diadem revamped.

Doesn't this patch trailer allude to a new unknown primal being summoned at the very end of it?

Arkeband

Banned
Doesn't this patch trailer allude to a new unknown primal being summoned at the very end of it?

Would be pretty anticlimactic for it to be resolved in Part 2 and not something that carries over into Stormblood, considering Stormblood heavily involves Omega and the thing being summoned also involves Omega.

I love that you come into every XIV thread just to poo-poo the game.

We can't all be sycophants.

Really regret missing that $10 amazon bundle. I have the base game on PC but would love to play it on the big screen with a controller in the livingroom

Top Bottom