• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitoro

So my current team is:

Lucina 5*
Lyn 5*
Robin 5*
Kagero 5*

Benched: Sakura 4*, Maria 4* & Camilla 4*

I'm not sure if I should promote Sakura, Maria or Camilla. I feel as though a 5* healer won't help me any more than a 4* would, since their healing abilities will be the same, so Sakura and Maria seem less than worthy of the promotion.

That said, I'm not sure 5* Camilla would be a stellar replacement for Kagero, either, as that limits my ranged attacking abilities to Robin alone. That said, with Camilla, I'd have all 4 type advantages in my party, which is nice!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Gotchaye

Nowi is surprisingly hard to deal with even with a Falchion-user. She can take the first hit and she's going to do a lot of damage back. Surprisingly good defense pick, though I haven't seen Corrin to compare to.

Scum

What monetary investment level makes you whale tier?

How much have you spent, kswiston?

7MHUV.gif

kswiston

Nowi is surprisingly hard to deal with even with a Falchion-user. She can take the first hit and she's going to do a lot of damage back. Surprisingly good defense pick, though I haven't seen Corrin to compare to.

Nowi has multi-distance counters, so she is better for defense I think. I can kill F Corrin pretty easily with Chrom, since one of my ranged units can soften her up first without almost being killed.

So my current team is:

Lucina 5*
Lyn 5*
Robin 5*
Kagero 5*

I'm not sure if I should promote Sakura, Maria or Camilla. I feel as though a 5* healer won't help me any more than a 4* would, since their healing abilities will be the same, so Sakura and Maria seem less than worthy of the promotion.

That said, I'm not sure 5* Camilla would be a stellar replacement for Kagero, either, as that limits my ranged attacking abilities to Robin alone. That said, with Camilla, I'd have all 4 type advantages in my party, which is nice!

I think that your current team is good, and while it probably seems counter intuitive, I would bench one of your swordswomen over Kagero if you really needed a healer. Probably Lyn if we are talking about Arena. Kagero is less useful in PVE due to more calvery and armor units.

kswiston

How much have you spent, kswiston?

7MHUV.gif

I'm not whale tier, but I spend some money. I did the $6 pack once and whatever the pack after that costs ($12?) once. The first to pull. The second because I was impatient to upgrade my castle to speed up the grind.

I'm done until March. I'll be able to pull 2-3x on the next banner sets for free. I have barely touched the last difficulty in story mode, so that is potentially 40 stones. That will have to do!

I think I am over the initial pull rush. Until there are more blue options, I would just be wasting money.

Fireblend

Banned
Done with Hard Mode, just Lunatic left.

Team: Robin (M), Roy, Peri, Camilla
All 5-stars.

4* Marth, Selena, Lilina and Setsuna are on my bench.

Roy and Peri aren't the best units, but I've managed to clear most missions with them.
I wonder if I should replace 5* Roy with any of my 4* benched reds. Any thoughts?

Complistic

I'm not whale tier, but I spend some money. I did the $6 pack once and whatever the pack after that costs ($12?) once. The first to pull. The second because I was impatient to upgrade my castle to speed up the grind.

I'm done until March. I'll be able to pull 2-3x on the next banner sets for free. I have barely touched the last difficulty in story mode, so that is potentially 40 stones. That will have to do!

I think I am over the initial pull rush. Until there are more blue options, I would just be wasting money.

You're barely a sea bass.

Was going to stop playing. Then I pulled a Lucina (favorite unit from Awakening) and Marth in one round.

Right now my team is Lucina 5, Gunther 4, Catria 4, and Lilina 5. I don't know what the 'optimal' teams are, but I'm just keeping my series tradition of keeping one of every type of unit I can in the roster for max versatility.

jwhit28

Was going to stop playing. Then I pulled a Lucina (favorite unit from Awakening) and Marth in one round.

Right now my team is Lucina 5, Gunther 4, Catria 4, and Lilina 5. I don't know what the 'optimal' teams are, but I'm just keeping my series tradition of keeping one of every type of unit I can in the roster for max versatility.

That Nintendo data collection at work.

Cerium

I wonder if Nintendo is angling to make Fire Emblem an annual franchise.

Mainline in even years, Echoes remakes in odd years.

That way there will also be constant fresh material for Heroes. An infinite feedback loop that generates money.

Spinluck

So my current team is:

Lucina 5*
Lyn 5*
Robin 5*
Kagero 5*

wow, youve got lyn and lucina huh?

fuck you

Shun

337? Is that the highest on GAF?

You are Fire Emblem King.

I don't know.

I know I got really lucky getting multiple Hectors in a row for undefeated wins.

There's like 3 days left and I think real whales will overtake me back to the 1,000s.

You can get a higher score than me if you have more than the 2 focus characters I'm using on my team.

My defense team is basically the same thing, just replace Tiki with a second Ryoma.

Ketch

She's just decent. Heavy spear is nice, but she's too slow and too fragile on enemy phase. Pairing her with Lyn is a bit of fun because they sort of complement each other but she's nothing special.

Maybe I should just swap her for a real healer then. I have 4* Sakura close to the same level

Shun

That way there will also be constant fresh material for Heroes. An infinite feedback loop that generates money.

If they can handle it. IntSys isn't the best with releasing things on a timely schedule, and this game will already push them with that.

If they don't do major advertising in the train stations, city, or on the internet and television, they need to use their games as cross promo.

I'd rather have them give us a real quality game instead of pushing it year on year.

The super famicom Jugdral games are special and deserve a real polished remake and not something to meet expectations at the end of each fiscal year.

jwhit28

Right now, i only seem to have 2 focus screens for summon, legendary and deep. Was just curious if more screens with heroes show up as you progress.

No, all the heroes that are in the game are in from the beginning. The characters on the banner are Focus characters which means you have twice the chance of them being pulled. The banners will change periodically to promote different/new characters.

kswiston

I almost hope no, because I am about to get backlogged on Fire Emblem. I am still only a campaign and a half through Fates, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions remains unopened.

Every 18 months would be better.

Chindogg

I'm not sure how much more I can improve my team outside of Hector but here's my team:

5* Ryoma
5* Tiki
5* Merric
5* Takumi

All shiny.

If I ever get Hector, should I replace Tiki with him?

fek

Up to 73 orbs saved and still have a good amount of lunatic stages to do. Probably gonna keep saving until there's some content I can't beat but for now it seems that 4* units are more than enough to fill my team for non-arena content.

chrono01

If they are smart, next focus will have Hector in it "get him while he's hot!"
Next banner will likely be the voting one (unless they decide to give away the winners for free in an event, but I doubt that). Beyond that though, I definitely suspect Hector/Azura/Linde to be featured.

Up to 73 orbs saved and still have a good amount of lunatic stages to do. Probably gonna keep saving until there's some content I can't beat but for now it seems that 4* units are more than enough to fill my team for non-arena content.
Same here.

I'm up to 81 orbs, but only two 5* (the Takumi/Young Tiki I re-rolled for). I have Fae at 4*, who I may/may not promote to 5*, and a 3* Serra (healer). Also leveling Anna while I wait.

Arena can be...random, but I'm not going to stress too much over it. I have a feeling the next batch of characters will be even better than the current, aside from a few exceptions.

Shun

Tokyo Mirage Sessions should be unavoidable since it is a FE spinoff.

They really should so we can have toi8 do art for it and have really cool and unique versions of some of the characters.

In Fire Emblem Cipher they did a cross promotion for the game, but most of the cards were the carnage forms rather than the Fire Emblem character themselves.

Hazu

Oh well, I'm already starting to lose interest in this game. Getting two orbs a day just isn't enough for me.

Stuck in every single difficulty at the moment (my team is 32-31-26-26) and leveling just takes forever.

lt519

Your Robin have -hp/+spe

That preferable? I'm guessing not.

Probably the best combo.

Ooh, I do get a lot of double attacks, meaning the bonus damage procs a lot. It's how I deal with Takumi in PvP, hit him with the extra damage for a one shot.

My level 33 Robin 5* has 38 HP, 37 ATK, 28 DEF, 19 SPD and 20 RES....

Could turn into a tank if you get some good levels from here out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom