• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem or Advance Wars? Intelligent Systems TBS throwdown

Dryk

A sequel to Advance Wars Days of Ruin.
I just realised that if this ever happens I'm going to get stuck with the PAL version. FUUUUUUU-

As much as people hate on Days of Ruin's tone and design, it balanced so much of the gameplay and units and especially the CO powers.
Yep, the more focused unit selection and nerfing of the COs was a much needed breath of fresh air.

I like both but prefer AW in general.
I don't like how legendary weapons can break in FE (seriously what the fuck), or how the grinding is possible but so awfully painful (camp an arena with a healer). Also you have to level up units or they become shit real fast (looking at you, level 1 archer), and the only way to do that is to win fights (good luck with that in some cases)

Not played Fire Emblem, but a new Advance Wars might push me over the edge to get a 3DS. There's not a lot out there like Advance Wars, whilst a few things out there that seem similar to Fire Emblem.

Both series are great, but I like Advance Wars better, and I'd much rather see a new AW than Fire Emblem. I can't remember which I played first, probably AW. Honestly, I don't really care much for the characters in the AW series, and I'd prefer that the game wasn't quite so cartoony, but the AW games are just really damn fun, and endlessly re-playable for me.

Top Bottom