• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firewatch To Last 5/6 Hours On Average; No VR Support Planned

StereoVsn

Sounds good to me if it's priced appropriately. Also, depending on definition of an indy studio there have been games priced higher at anywhere from $30 to $50. Pillars of Eternity, Divinity OS, Distant Worlds and quite a few others are priced higher then $20.

They described it perfectly, the length of a miniseries is ideal for this kind of narrative focused adventure game. I've been hotly anticipating this since it was announced, can't wait to get my hands on it.

Darkwater

We're now two weeks from this game releasing and there's no price yet. I'm a little fearful this is because we're not gonna like the amount they'll ask. Agree?

j23GAVp.png

Mikeside

You sound easily parted from your money.

But seriously, I hope Firewatch doesn't pull a The Witness.

Ugh.

I really don't see why we have to devalue games just because they're indie.

both Firewatch and The Witness look like incredibly well made, polished games with more interesting premises than a hell of a lot of the full priced games coming out right now.

The Witness is only £30 on Steam. Bargain.
I'd rather pay £40 for the Witness and have each Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty rehash be £30 on launch until they do something new. (though to be fair, I still enjoy both series)

I'm more hyped for this than The Witness so I'm there day 1.

Equating price with game length is also absurd up to a point obviously.

I'm thinking anything up to about £25 should be good for most people interested

Darkwater

First, valuing a game for it's length is dumb.

Second, The Witness is a 80 hour game if you go for 100 per cent.

I think what you're saying is valuing a game solely based on its length is dumb. That's not what I was doing and I'll thank you not to assume such things so easily.

I think we can agree that length is not the only factor that determines a game's value, but it's not inconsequential, either. Quality, quantity, and all that.

papo

I'm looking forward to the game and 5-6 seems alright if it is a good experience.

In an industry that sometimes wants its games to be taken as art, but seems to be constantly moving away from that, games like this one( and Witness) really contribute to that sentiment, when most game even the "cinematic" ones are moving away from storytelling towards just actions sets.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
5 - 6 is shorter than I'd like, 8 - 10 would have been my sweet spot. Saying that, I still bought the shit out of it on Steam and can't wait to play it.

Top Bottom