• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at Cruis'n Redline (Nintendo/Raw Thrills) arcade game

MacTag

Banned
And just to clarify Midway did own Rush and my guess would be that Warner owns the Rush series now.
Warner filed a trademark transfer for the Rush games back when they bought most of Midway so it's a good guess they own it. Then again it turns out Microsoft bought Hydro Thunder so who really knows.

Warner filed a trademark transfer for the Rush games back when they bought most of Midway so it's a good guess they own it. Then again it turns out Microsoft bought Hydro Thunder so who really knows.

Yeah my understanding is that:
EA wound up with NBA Jam (not sure if that includes Hangtime or Showtime) and NFL Blitz (I assume that doesn't include Blitz: The League)

MS (tragically) wound up with Hydro Thunder

And Warner got everything else. I think a big part of what makes who owns what confusing is that you'd think Warner would leverage the fact that they own most of Midway's library of games by re-releasing a lot of those classic games in some way or by making new games based on those properties but they've done very little of that.

They put out a compilation of games on 360 and PS3 that was fine but if you owned Midway Arcade Treasures vol 1 then you didn't really have a reason to buy it and then they put out an MK compilation that was somehow worse than the Midway Arcade Treasure versions of those games and that's it. Oh and they put out that Midway Lego Dimensions pack which is cool but requires a $100 game to play it.

Glowsquid

Yeah my understanding is that:
EA wound up with NBA Jam (not sure if that includes Hangtime or Showtime)

Hangtime and the other Basketball games Midway did after are separate IPs. Acclaim got the NBA Jam IP in the 90's after a dispute and made their own sequels. I don't think Midway ever reacquired the NBA Jam license.

Beside MK, Warner did comission a 3DS/Vita Spy Hunter game, but it's apparently pretty lame. What I wouldn't give for a proper Spy Hunter in the style of the 2001 game.

Hangtime and the other Basketball games Midway did after are separate IPs. Acclaim got the NBA Jam IP in the 90's after a dispute and made their own sequels. I don't think Midway ever reacquired the NBA Jam license.

Beside MK, Warner did comission a 3DS/Vita Spy Hunter game, but it's apparently pretty lame. What I wouldn't give for a proper Spy Hunter in the style of the 2001 game.

Oh God, I completely forgot about that dark time in the NBA Jam series! Now I wish I could forget NBA Jam Extreme.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I remember seeing the WB Games logo when starting up Hydro Thunder Hurricane.

Top Bottom