• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Five Minute CS Source Video

mattx5

The graphics look good, but the new physics are going to kick ass. Valve better not do some half assed job where we can only move dinky little objects. I wanna be able to push tables in front of doors (Like in the video), push oil canisters at an enemy, shoot them and make em explode, etc etc.

The new physics could add new life to the game.

emerge

They are also talking about the possibility of new, much much bigger levels, jungle levels for example.

Well the physics doesn't seem to add anything to these old stages. I hope to see more use of it later in the future of CS Source. Right now it looks like a mod from UT2004.

Falch said:
So, any word on whether this will be a pack-in with HL2, or a free download, or something else?
According to Valve at E3 it's going to basically be the multiplayer aspect of Half Life 2. At least that's what I gathered, so yes, a packin.

COCKLES

being watched
LinesInTheSand said:
According to Valve at E3 it's going to basically be the multiplayer aspect of Half Life 2. At least that's what I gathered, so yes, a packin.

Valve scum! WHERES OUT FUCKING TF2? YOU TF2 FOLDER COCKTEASE IN THE BETA BASTARDS!

Andy787

Banned
Excellent, I was just downloading all of the Bink and E3 videos again yesterday, and wishing for more CS/DoD/HL source videos.

The environments don't look much different outside of some changed textures and added or replaced structures (like busted up technicals in place of some boxes on Dust), though they certainly do look better. The indoor area of Itali looked much, much better, though, and I liked how the watermelons and stuff in the market were modelled and had physics applied and what not. The character models and animation is much better than I originally thought by judging from the E3 video of Aztec as well, and the hideos, low-res static image that used to circle around the outside of the maps as the sky/background appear to be gone, in exchange for HL2's skies, that alone is a huge improvement. Also, the weapon models, though not a huge improvement, seem a lot more improved than the AK did in the Aztec demo.

epmode

LinesInTheSand said:
no one except valve knows how it'll be distributed. i hope it'll be available to anyone that buys the game but there was a lot of talk about different versions of half-life 2. standard single player, multiplayer enabled, collectors edition, etc. if that's still true, then it's hard to say..

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
WARNING: Be prepared to watch a guy wearing a red baseball cap backwared for approximately a minute straight.

Looks pretty good, I was hoping for better lighting but hey what they deliver looks mighty fine.

Thanks to Valve opening their big mouths and sharing all their awesome TF2 gameplay mode. Thankfully we have developers like Dice who listened and incorperated it into their games. I can't wait for Battlefield 2.

Top Bottom