• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foamstars releases to negative player reception

DryvBy

It's free, unlike Splatoon. That's a huge benefit. My kid and I play it and it's been fine so far.

Three

I mean just 24 user reviews and half of them (a very literal dozen of them) upset Splatoon fans isn't exactly great data.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

I played it yesterday and it's a good time. I'm not giving my life away to multiplayer games anymore (and the missions suck, just wave based shite)

So I'll probably only hop on now and then.

It is an enjoyable game though, it has good vibes too even though it's waifu bait characters.

Funny how the pokemans absolute ripoff game is the biggest sensation of all time ever but the splatoon ripoff game is awful and we should all riot in the streets 🤣, and I'm not even getting into those reviews from those Journos, what poorly written half witted tripe they spew.

It's almost like this game didn't have the same marketing team on things like tiktok that palworld had. (Which already has a drop-off of over 50% of its players by the way, so was definitely a fad)

midnightAI

I played it yesterday and it's a good time. I'm not giving my life away to multiplayer games anymore (and the missions suck, just wave based shite)

So I'll probably only hop on now and then.

It is an enjoyable game though, it has good vibes too even though it's waifu bait characters.

Funny how the pokemans absolute ripoff game is the biggest sensation of all time ever but the splatoon ripoff game is awful and we should all riot in the streets 🤣, and I'm not even getting into those reviews from those Journos, what poorly written half witted tripe they spew.

It's almost like this game didn't have the same marketing team on things like tiktok that palworld had. (Which already has a drop-off of over 50% of its players by the way, so was definitely a fad)
Well, no, Palworld had Fakemon in it, it's that simple (it is a decent enough game though but nothing spectacular). This game is a Splatoon rip off of course and it's fun enough, but you can't help feeling this is going to go the way of Destruction All-stars (which I actually enjoyed for a while)

StueyDuck

Well, no, Palworld had Fakemon in it, it's that simple (it is a decent enough game though but nothing spectacular). This game is a Splatoon rip off of course and it's fun enough, but you can't help feeling this is going to go the way of Destruction All-stars (which I actually enjoyed for a while)
but that's the point, all it took was fake pokemon and social media drumming that up (there are other fake pokemon games that haven't moved the needle), whereas a fake splatoon game is gonna live and die and people are mad now because it's a fake splatoon game apparently.

people just kind of do what the internet tells them to do. Palworld is the greatest example of that we have had in years. Much like buying a metal cup because the internet told everyone they have to do it.

Last edited:

midnightAI

but that's the point, all it took was fake pokemon and social media drumming that up (there are other fake pokemon games that haven't moved the needle), whereas a fake splatoon game is gonna live and die and people are mad now because it's a fake splatoon game apparently.

people just kind of do what the internet tells them to do. Palworld is the greatest example of that we have had in years. Much like buying a metal cup because the internet told everyone they have to do it.
Ah, yeh, social media getting in a tizz, yeh, I agree with that. But as we'll likely find out next week, social media often blows things up.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
or good user reviews are from playstation fanboys.
The Wire Roland Brice GIF

It sucks balls. Utter trash. Bin it.
Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

Funny how people spamming 10 are not review bombing too.

For the average, a 0 hurts more than a 10.

I bet none of those are actual PS players, just cringy Pikmins, the same type that broke PS4 consoles at the Genshin Impact presentation event.

Last edited:

Fake

For the average, a 0 hurts more than a 10.

I bet none of those are actual PS players, just cringy Pikmins, the same type that broke PS4 consoles at the Genshin Impact presentation event.

Doesn't mean thats not a troll score dude.

This is not a competition between who gets more hurt. Spam zeros and spam tens are still spam, period.

If people are spamming 10 and spamming 0, both need to be removed.
If you either give a 10 or a 0 at least put some effort about saying 'why'.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Im so tired of Nintendo kids

Truth. They are the absolute worst for gate-keeping certain styles of game down.

People wonder why character mascot platformers, kart racers, and so on rarely get made. Its so obvious when these types so concertedly salt the earth to ensure no alternatives ever get a footing.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Here we go again,

Psychopath Nintendo fans at it again.

Palworld would have suffered for the same thing if it opened itself up to userreviews on Metacritic as well.

It doesn't happen as much on Steam because people have to have PLAYED the game

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So the negative user reviews are from Splatoon fans? Surprising indeed!

Probably. They’ve played the real deal, and are weighing the Wish version against it.

You think those “10” scores are legit, and not PS5 fanboys doing free damage control?

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Imagine using Metacritic users review as a Metric.

Never go full retarded 👍
Here we go again,

Palworld would have suffered for the same thing if it opened itself up to userreviews on Metacritic as well.

Im so tired of Nintendo kids
Did you guys play it?

Truth. They are the absolute worst for gate-keeping certain styles of game down.

People wonder why character mascot platformers, kart racers, and so on rarely get made. Its so obvious when these types so concertedly salt the earth to ensure no alternatives ever get a footing.
What about the fact that the games like it are usually not as good? I didn't see people ripping on Crash Team Racing or Sonic Racing Transformed. Or even something like DQ Monsters.

Do you get splatoon in the subscription?
With NSO you get the single player DLC for Splatoon 2, not the full game.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Here we go again,

I’m not a Nintendo kid. I have more hair in my ears than on my head.

Foamstars is absolute ass. The movement is shit. The gun play is ok at best. The characters never shut up. It’s awful.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
What about the fact that the games like it are usually not as good?

So what? Not every new release is best-in-class! The key metric is competition on the system for which the title is published.

I didn't see people ripping on Crash Team Racing or Sonic Racing Transformed. Or even something like DQ Monsters.

Exceptions prove the rule. Also every title mentioned was built off a strong pre-existing IP.

My main issue is fanboy activists stifling creativity out of a misguided need to protect their preciouses! Not cool, IMHO.

diffusionx

Gold Member
So what? Not every new release is best-in-class! The key metric is competition on the system for which the title is published.

If people want to play a low-rent Splatoon on PS5, then yea the game fits that bill, but they shouldn't be surprised when people call it a low-rent Splatoon.

Exceptions prove the rule. Also every title mentioned was built off a strong pre-existing IP.

My main issue is fanboy activists stifling creativity out of a misguided need to protect their preciouses! Not cool, IMHO.
Nobody is stifling anything. The problem is that these games suck. The Smash Bros. clones that came out were mostly bad. Crash Team Racing was good. That is the difference. Make a game as good as Nintendo makes and you have a much better chance of finding success. Of course making a game as good as Nintendo is really hard to do.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Alot of games are copycats. If the game is fun whats the problem?

That’s not what the thread title suggests.

Last edited:

Fabieter

If people want to play a low-rent Splatoon on PS5, then yea the game fits that bill, but they shouldn't be surprised when people call it a low-rent Splatoon.

Nobody is stifling anything. The problem is that these games suck. The Smash Bros. clones that came out were mostly bad. Crash Team Racing was good. That is the difference. Make a game as good as Nintendo makes and you have a much better chance of finding success. Of course making a game as good as Nintendo is really hard to do.

Let me guess genshin is a cheap botw clone :p.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Let me guess genshin is a cheap botw clone :p.
I played Genshin for a little bit but it didn't strike me as being like BOTW at all, except for maybe world design and stamina. Not sure what you are getting at here.

Last edited:

Fabieter

I played Genshin for a little bit but it didn't strike me as being like BOTW at all, except for maybe world design and stamina. Not sure what you are getting at here.

I like genshin but this seems like a selective opinion. The similarities are way deeper than that but I get it it's always a hive mind to hate certain games.

Top Bottom