• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Forum Rumor] Durango Beta has 2 APUs. Console and Controller plastered with stripes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spongebob

Banned
I believe in Reiko.

you got banned for 1 day??????

But my sony fanboy instincts doesn't want this to be true. If Durango does have 2 APU's, how much more powerful would it be compared to PS4?

In this situation even though Durango's GPUs would have 33% more power (2.46TFLOPS vs 1.84TFLOPS), the difference would be closer because having that power spread over two APUs would cause some inefficiencies due to crossfire.

Guymelef

In this situation even though Durango's GPUs would have 33% more power (2.46TFLOPS vs 1.84TFLOPS), the difference would be closer because having that power spread over two APUs would cause some inefficiencies due to crossfire.

But is possible crossfire "two CPUs, two GPUs, two memory controllers, two video decoders, two display outputs, etc...?

TheD

The Detective

Yeah, you really do not get linear scaling with 2 or more GPUs.

Having 2 APUs would make the board much more complex, costly and really hard to shrink.
I doubt it is happening.

I don't see him posting for a long time after how he carried himself on twitter, even evilore called him the most disreputable "journalist".

he actually stopped posting more frequently way before that, mostly when the ps4 was unveiled. "idk guys, i'm not hearing any buzz about the ps4..."

If we let Jeff Rigby post walls and walls of garbage based off of random press releases he pieced together with wishful thinking for what seemed like a year, we have to put up with slightly less insane Durango rumors that merely take up a few sentences and will be moot soon enough.

Boss Man

If we let Jeff Rigby post walls and walls of garbage based off of random press releases he pieced together with wishful thinking for what seemed like a year, we have to put up with slightly less insane Durango rumors that merely take up a few sentences and will be moot soon enough.
That's different, Jeff is an enigma.

If this turns out to be false, I would at least hope that the OP would reconsider his validity filter. I see why he considered it though, because of the stripes.

Is Gopher's post basically a confirmation of it being false though? I don't know anything except that everyone seems to accept what he says, I don't know who he is or anything.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Who to believe?

Official MS documents from the XDK leaked in late 2012 or some Chinese forum poster on April 1st who has yet to post again on the subject?

Takuya

Banned

If this turns out to be false, I would at least hope that the OP would reconsider his validity filter. I see why he considered it though, because of the stripes.

Is Gopher's post basically a confirmation of it being false though? I don't know anything except that everyone seems to accept what he says, I don't know who he is or anything.

Reiko just wanted to post a new thread with some 'positive' Durango rumors in it, even though the source is... sketchy at best, and was posted on April 1st. This forum rumor was in the other Durango thread, but nobody wanted to create a new thread based on that source.

Reiko

Banned
Who to believe?

Official MS documents from the XDK leaked in late 2012 or some Chinese forum poster on April 1st who has yet to post again on the subject?

That seems to be the MO for these "leaks".

Even the BF4 one.

Post and then disappear.

Boss Man

The BF4 rumor and this rumor didn't come from me. There is no validity except for the Kotaku connection.
They don't have to come from you for you to be able to filter them. There are 1000s of rumors floating around the web, but they're not all worth talking about.

They don't have to come from you for you to be able to filter them. There are 1000s of rumors floating around the web, but they're not all worth talking about.

I don't know much about the OPs posting history but the fact that this rumor came from someone who apparently knew about the zebra stripes on the controllers before Kotaku wrote an article about it would seem to make this a rumor worth discussing.

Reiko

Banned

If you noticed, I didn't make a thread on that semiaccurate post about Durango specs being better than PS4 specs.

Boss Man

Bet that he never said the words secret sauce. He did, he owes 10 bucks.
Haha, was he just 'referencing' it in passing or actually using it to imply something?

If you noticed, I didn't make a thread on that semiaccurate post about Durango specs being better than PS4 specs.
Don't know what you're talking about there, but I wasn't meaning to imply that you do literally post everything you see. Just that if it is a mistake (like people are saying), then it would be annoying if you just kept on doing it (like people say you do). I don't know these things, and I don't think this specific one is a terrible rumor to talk about - thread though, I'm not sure.

Reiko

Banned
Haha, was he just 'referencing' it in passing or actually using it to imply something?

Don't know what you're talking about there, but I wasn't meaning to imply that you do literally post everything you see. Just that if it is a mistake (like people are saying), then it would be annoying if you just kept on doing it (like people say you do). I don't know these things, and I don't think this specific one is a terrible rumor to talk about - thread though, I'm not sure.

I understand. This is the last month for us to put up with these hit and run rumors though.

I can't wait for the official reveal. The silence from MS has been ridiculous.

Questionable sources are questionable sources, whether they're from Jeff's "Beautiful Mind" or a chinese forum on April Fools. Imo it's a 1.2 teraflop console given all the leaks, although bkilian didn't shoot down dual apus because he's seen MS brass make decisions like that before, and he would know.

Saberus

Oh Gaf, why do you do this to yourself, turning a April 1st rumour on some message board into fact. MS needs to come clean soon.

If it was posted on April 1st, then it was posted before Kotaku ran the striped controller article. Now, unless Kotaku sourced this forum post (which I seriously doubt), there could be some truth to it.

Saberus

If it was posted on April 1st, then it was posted before Kotaku ran the striped controller article. Now, unless Kotaku sourced this forum post (which I seriously doubt), there could be some truth to it.
Only thing Kotaku talked about was the stripes , not duel Apu's in the recent article .

Boss Man

Questionable sources are questionable sources, whether they're from Jeff's "Beautiful Mind" or a chinese forum on April Fools.

It's a 1.2 teraflop console given all the leaks, although bkilian didn't shoot down because he's seen MS brass make decisions like that, and he would know.
Oh I'm not saying Jeff's stuff is more likely to pan out or anything, just that it's interesting to look at lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom