• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Forum Rumor] Durango Beta has 2 APUs. Console and Controller plastered with stripes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dumb question.

what can you do with two gpus in a system without them acting like dual gpus in sli or crossfire?

can they each render a different portion of an image?

Hoax?

New post from BD, who made the post in the OP:

Translation:

To the guy who reposted on neogaf, you must have negative intelligence.

The next time I do this, I'll say the Durango has 4 APUs instead, so you'll not believe it.

Haha, good God.

Fantastic thread. A++

statham

Well don't really mind BD's reply like this,he is not nice guy even in TGFC
http://club.tgfcer.com/viewthread.php?tid=6626663&page=9#pid16298264

Soft the dog this point IQ, Microsoft if the Japanese company started as early closure of one million times. sony financial problems, environmental factors too

I say soft dog hair from the function of the number of winning transition to platform services winning simply overnight.
Microsoft in your eyes is really capable of anything.

kinect2, in fact, before some detail storms out, what can be done to analyze know.

In addition, sony transition to the x86 architecture on the one hand because of the cost to find a ready-made framework for change it is better than starting from scratch to be cheaper, but also fast. Another reason is because the hardware development department of the game this is a new team, new team new ideas. This can be regarded as Microsoft's success in this world can be regarded as the Microsoft-made

Finally, the capabilities of the Microsoft software in addition to the user experience short board, nothing wrong with the other strong. But once it comes to the hardware, that is, as always, is rotten. Expect Microsoft hardware to make good use of materials, a cost-effective, and I think it Save it.

ya translation for the lost.
but MS for the win!

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Jesus H CHRIST! What is wrong with some of you. I saw those people calling for another thread based on the rumours too. You're all acting like Reiko did something terrible. What I'm seeing here is nothing short of character assassination and bullying. He called it and it was wrong ... so what.

androvsky

dumb question.

what can you do with two gpus in a system without them acting like dual gpus in sli or crossfire?

I think rendering a different portion of an image is one of the modes used in dual GPU setups already. But because things move around in the image, both GPUs still need a copy of all the assets in their own memory pool anyway, thereby doubling the memory needed. And since it's unified memory, they'd probably need a full 16 GB just to have 8 GB usable. They could designate one GPU for rendering and one for compute, but the compute GPU would have a fair amount of wasted silicon and the rendering GPU would still be slower than the PS4. But the physics would be really good. :)

I think rendering a different portion of an image is one of the modes used in dual GPU setups already. But because things move around in the image, both GPUs still need a copy of all the assets in their own memory pool anyway, thereby doubling the memory needed. And since it's unified memory, they'd probably need a full 16 GB just to have 8 GB usable. They could designate one GPU for rendering and one for compute, but the compute GPU would have a fair amount of wasted silicon and the rendering GPU would still be slower than the PS4. But the physics would be really good. :)

ah, ok cool.

Soft the dog this point IQ, Microsoft if the Japanese company started as early closure of one million times. sony financial problems, environmental factors too

I say soft dog hair from the function of the number of winning transition to platform services winning simply overnight.

kinect2, in fact, before some detail storms out, what can be done to analyze know.

In addition, sony transition to the x86 architecture on the one hand because of the cost to find a ready-made framework for change it is better than starting from scratch to be cheaper, but also fast. Another reason is because the hardware development department of the game this is a new team, new team new ideas. This can be regarded as Microsoft's success in this world can be regarded as the Microsoft-made

Finally, the capabilities of the Microsoft software in addition to the user experience short board, nothing wrong with the other strong. But once it comes to the hardware, that is, as always, is rotten. Expect Microsoft hardware to make good use of materials, a cost-effective, and I think it Save it.

but MS for the win!
Just change "soft dog/soft the dog" to "Microsoft dog" then you will know many things
He is developer,but also Sony lover

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
dumb question.

That's how the original 3dfx Voodoo 2 SLI worked (Scan Line Interleave). Each card rendered half the scan lines on the screen.

B.O.O.M

Hoax?

Translation:

The next time I do this, I'll say the Durango has 4 APUs instead, so you'll not believe it.

haha daaaaamn

But to be fair I enjoyed this thread and I don't blame Reiko. The guy is enthusiastic..we could use more of that around here imho

but MS for the win!

Well...Somebody translate this?

Just change "soft dog/soft the dog" to "Microsoft dog" then you will know many things
He is developer,but also Sony lover

1) If you know of his reputation, then why did you post the "news" in the first place?
2) In that original dual apu tgfc thread, almost every reply responded that they weren't going to fall for the April Fools joke. I hope you didn't post a fake April Fools news in light of the responses in that thread.

3) I run the risk of getting banned for thread whining...but this thread/title needs to be closed or changed.

Well...Somebody translate this?
He said if MS is Japanese company it already closed 10000 times

He laugh MS fans think MS can do everything

He said Kinect2's performance just like Kotaku/vgleaks leak(since Kotaku and vgleaks Kinect2 spec have some little difference and not sure which one will be true i need put this 2 in)

He said Sony change to x86 because cost,and easier.new hardware team,new ideas

He said other than user experience Microsoft is pretty strong,but hardware will as shit as usual,and lol@people think MS will use good material for hardware(i think this mostly he think 720 will RROD again)

1) If you know of his reputation, then why did you post the "news" in the first place?
2) In that original dual apu tgfc thread, almost every reply responded that they weren't going to fall for the April Fools joke. I hope you didn't post a fake April Fools news in light of the responses in that thread.

3) I run the risk of getting banned for thread whining...but this thread/title needs to be closed or changed.
1.He is not nice guy but he still is a developer

2.Because this thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533556
(http://club.tgfcer.com/viewthread.php/viewthread.php?tid=6638884&page=2#pid16558030)
And i never said i want a new thread about this since i don't really believe dual APU part.

That's how the original 3dfx Voodoo 2 SLI worked (Scan Line Interleave). Each card rendered half the scan lines on the screen.

I see, neat. did it work well?

I'm just wondering since this dual apu thing comes back every few weeks.

I remember that vg247 article from last year that said the xbox had dual gpus but they didn't work the way it does on pcs with dual gpus working in sli/crossfire.

Reiko

Banned
He said if MS is Japanese company already closed 10000 times

He said Kinect2's performance just like Kotaku/vgleaks leak(since Kotaku and vgleaks Kinect2 spec have some little difference and not sure which one will be true i need put this 2 in)

He said other than user experience Microsoft is pretty strong,but hardware will as shit as usual,and lol@people think MS will use good material for hardware(i think this mostly he think 720 will RROD again)

For a alleged developer, he's a very passionate console warrior.

JJD

Hoax?

Translation:

Negative inteligence! Bwa-hahaha!

I really hope BD isn't calling me out since I'm not the one who originally posted it on GAF.
I hope you're reading all that BD.

Look here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52440789&postcount=3669

He didn't make a thread out of it. Dude is probably talking about you. Don't puss out. Take responsibility man! Lol!

Reiko

Banned
Negative inteligence! Bwa-hahaha!

He didn't make a thread out of it. Dude is probably talking about you. Don't puss out. Take responsibility man! Lol!

If BD has something to say he can sign up on GAF and PM me. Using cross forum trolling just exposed how childish he is.

He said if MS is Japanese company it already closed 10000 times

No. This is what he said in the OP and the part that was quoted:
"I want to say that you Microsoft dogs only need one night to change [stance] from a few winning advantages to a complete platform victory.
And in your eyes Microsofts seems like they're all capable.

Kinect2 - someone already leaked the details earlier. What can it do - you can figure it out if you just analyze it.

Also, Sony changed to an x86 structure one hand because of budget. Using off the shelf parts is much cheaper and faster than just starting over. Also, because the gaming department's hard ware development is consist of a new team. A new team has new ideas. If this also counts as a victory of Microsoft, then you might as well say the whole world was created by Microsoft.

Finally, besides its user interfaces, there's nothing really strong about Microsfot's software development skills. Of course, when we talk about hardware, they're exceptionally bad. Let's hope Microsoft will use some good parts for hard ware, but when comparing everything - I think they should just save their money"

Reiko

Banned
Why does Microsoft fans have to be "dogs"? Do they have his family on ransom and he's working around the clock to pay it off?

I don't understand why a dev would be so concerned over a piece of plastic. It's just a job for him.

1.He is not nice guy but he still is a developer

2.Because this thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533556
(http://club.tgfcer.com/viewthread.php/viewthread.php?tid=6638884&page=2#pid16558030)
And i never said i want a new thread about this since i don't really believe dual APU part.

Regardless of his title or job, since you knew of his reputation - you should have warned the forum to take it with a grain of salt. Especially when you personally have expressed doubt.

Then again, I'm nitpicking, sorry. *sigh*

If I was to break every sensationalist stuff I read on Chinese/Japanese forums, we would have tons of FUD going around.

Fredrik

I believe it. Sounds just like Sega when PS1 got announced, they added a second CPU to counter some aspects where the PS1 was better than Saturn. MS will do something too, they won't announce Durango after PS4 announcement without beating it somehow hardwarewise.

Hoax?

Translation:

Hahahahaha! Oh shit OP you fell for the trap.

Comedy gold here.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

"I want to say that you Microsoft dogs only need one night to change [stance] from a few winning advantages to a complete platform victory.

Kinect2 - someone already leaked the details earlier. What can it do - you can figure it out if you just analyze it.

Also, Sony changed to an x86 structure one hand because of budget. Using off the shelf parts is much cheaper and faster than just starting over. Also, because the gaming department's hard ware development is consist of a new team. A new team has new ideas. If this also counts as a victory of Microsoft, then you might as well say the whole world was created by Microsoft.

Finally, besides its user interfaces, there's nothing really strong about Microsfot's software development skills. Of course, when we talk about hardware, they're exceptionally bad. Let's hope Microsoft will use some good parts for hard ware, but when comparing everything - I think they should just save their money"
Good news about Kinect and the NUI, bad news about the SDK, meaning its probably harder to develop for than the PS4 like rumoured before.

Why does Microsoft fans have to be "dogs"? Do they have his family on ransom and he's working around the clock to pay it off?

I don't understand why a dev would be so concerned over a piece of plastic. It's just a job for him.

Chinese netizens have a derogatory terms for all console fanboys.
Microsoft dogs/Box-Idiots.
Nintendo pigs
Sony dogs/Sony(rhymes with "rotten/stink") idiots.

It's not a MS specific things.

Finally, besides its user interfaces, there's nothing really strong about Microsfot's software development skills. Of course, when we talk about hardware, they're exceptionally bad.Let's hope Microsoft will use some good parts for hard ware, but when comparing everything - I think they should just save their money"
I don't think bold part is right
其他无可厚非的强
"无可厚非" doesn't mean "nothing really strong",he said MS NUI sucks,but other than that(and hardware) are pretty strong

但是一旦说到硬件,就是一如既往的烂
"一如既往" means As always/As usual,"when we talk about hardware, they're bad as always/as usual."i think

指望微软在硬件上用好料,出性价比,我觉得还是省省吧。
"指望微软在硬件上用好料" He should be talking to MS fans,not himself(= let's hope)

Good news about Kinect and the NUI, bad news about the SDK, meaning its probably harder to develop for than the PS4 like rumoured before.
Should be bad news about NUI and hardware(if quality still like first few version of 360),good news about others,he didn't talked about how hard or easy to develop

Oh just ignore him altogether.
I feel ashamed I wasted time translating this as oppose to something else more important -_-.

Reiko

Banned
Chinese netizens have a derogatory terms for all console fanboys.
Microsoft dogs/Box-Idiots.
Nintendo pigs
Sony dogs/Sony(rhymes with "rotten/stink") idiots.

It's not a MS specific things.

Ah. Reads like a Chinese forum version of System Wars.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
I see, neat. did it work well?

I'm just wondering since this dual apu thing comes back every few weeks.

I remember that vg247 article from last year that said the xbox had dual gpus but they didn't work the way it does on pcs with dual gpus working in sli/crossfire.

Yeah it was an amazing piece of tech for the time (1998), when most computers didn't even have a 3D capable videocard. Anybody who had a Voodoo 2 card, let alone 2 in SLI (3 cards really because you still needed the 2D card as well) was basically the gaming elite. It did rely heavily on the cpu though.

SLI/Crossfire don't work anything like the old SLI. I'm not quite sure how a dual APU would work in that regard, or if it would even be better than just say increasing the cores in a single APU. If it ever did happen, I'd assume they would be assigned completely different tasks as opposed to sharing rendering duties between chips.

I don't think bold part is right
其他无可厚非的强
"无可厚非" doesn't mean "nothing really strong",he said MS NUI sucks,but other than that(and hardware) are pretty strong

但是一旦说到硬件,就是一如既往的烂
"一如既往" means As always/As usual

指望微软在硬件上用好料,出性价比,我觉得还是省省吧。
"指望微软在硬件上用好料" He should be talking to MS fans,not himself(= let's hope)

Yes you are correct. I just browsed through it real quick.
I just don't know where you were getting the "He said if MS is Japanese company it already closed 10000 time" part from.

In addition, WHY ARE WE STILL ANALYZING BD'S POSTS AND WHY AM I HELPING THIS THREAD >.>

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh just ignore him altogether.
I feel ashamed I wasted time translating this as oppose to something else more important -_-.
Well if its any consolation, your efforts are appreciated! :p

It's rough waiting for concrete details on Durango, MS ninjas too good :( I don't care much for power because I know it will be sufficient but the cool stuff like games/NUI/XBL/multitasking we aren't hearing anything about ;(

Yes you are correct. I just browsed through it real quick.
I just don't know where you were getting the "He said if MS is Japanese company it already closed 10000 time" part from.

In addition, WHY ARE WE STILL ANALYZING BD'S POSTS AND WHY AM I HELPING THIS THREAD >.>
okok,last one lol
Just translate from statham's post,"He said if MS is Japanese company it already closed 10000 time" is from
http://club.tgfcer.com/viewthread.php/viewthread.php?tid=6626663&page=9#pid16298264

artist

Banned
I'm aboard the Dual-APU train guys.

If MS announces the Durango without Dual-APUs, then I'll be disappointed.

jfoul

The amount of venom being spewed in this thread is ridiculous. Some of you might want to calm down before hitting reply, or just don't reply at all.

Takuya

Banned
Hoax?

Translation:

Oh man, I miss the :lol smiley.

i4gsRYUlweSNC.gif

LOL.

man i love the smile.

Theory.

The stripes are different on every dev unit so if someone leaks pics they can tell who did it by the placement of the stripes.

Xamdou

Theory.

The stripes are different on every dev unit so if someone leaks pics they can tell who did it by the placement of the stripes.

My thoughts as well, MS will do whatever it takes to make sure no one know's about their console designs and specs until their unveiling. The very source of these leaks are from dev kits.

kmag

I could perhaps see a dual apu system if the two apu's were asymmetrical. One Beefy APU ( x86 CPU + GPU) and one low powered APU (ARM + additional GPU), it would make the system very flexible as a set top box and wouldn't be in the realms of stupidly expensive. But I don't see how it factor in to improving the overall power of the box. We wouldn't be talking SLI here, at most you'd maybe be able to leverage the os on the second APU and maybe some lower priority compute jobs.

Erasus

That just seems really complicated to develop for as they would have to be in sync but there is going to be latency between them.

SLI/Crossfire on PC is always in trouble at launch of a game and needs customized drivers = more work for devs.

Unless 1 is for games and the other for the system running the full Win8 kernel + OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom