• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

Bsigg12

COt7dBq.gif

Wow

RoKKeR

We're gonna need a Top Gear-style montage/music video with all of this Sunhi material pretty soon. Stuff is incredible – keep it up man!

I can't fucking cope with how good this game is.
I know, right?

And this is without the Outback, and without Surfer's Paradise and all the playground stunt areas, and without the motherfucking Warthog :)

Lots to look forward to on the 27th, and earlier for some of you folks.

It sucks that racing games get the shaft in reviews. Hopefully this can be Xbox One's first 90+ metacritic game lol

But seriously it should. The best in class of every respective genre should

Hexer06

I'd just like to point out that the physics on the fenceposts work well enough to re-create a domino effect. It even works at high speed.

A video of my realization.

That's fucking awesome! Thx for showing that :). My Internet sux so I still have about 4 hours left til I can play this sweet demo. At least I'll have Recore in about a half hour to help speed things up. :D

Edit: DAM! Those Sunhi drone videos are sick! Nice work!

0racle

Guys, im torn !

I have the ultimate edition pre ordered and of course, am excited. why?

I have a dedicated gaming room with a projector, TX wheel with a custom racing rig that uses an authentic race seat with the Th8a clutch set and pro pedal set up. its AWESOME ! but then I tried the demo....

My excitement and expectations on how I was going to experience the game done a 180. This game is downright frustrating and impossible to play with a wheel/clutch. Even in automatic I find the steering to be...not good at all.

and the View, it seems like it needs to be played in a chase cam. There is too much going on, its too twitchy and not to mention down right gorgeous to play using an in car camera.

The game seems to be very good but im so bitter right now. Anyone else feel this way? I cant believe im going to be playing this on the couch with a controller.

WadeitOut

I believe they said there would be a PC Demo. However, it won't come out til "some time after launch." Feel bad for the PC users honestly. This demo looks amazing!

Edit: Beaten lol

Well fortunately a lot of us also have an XB1 So I can still play it. But I wanted that hot Ultrawide 100fps action

ElNino

It sucks that racing games get the shaft in reviews. Hopefully this can be Xbox One's first 90+ metacritic game lol

But seriously it should. The best in class of every respective genre should
Not that I put much (any) stock in reviews, and particularly Metacritic, but I believe the Forza games have generally been reviewed pretty positively.

Hexer06

Well fortunately a lot of us also have an XB1 So I can still play it. But I wanted that hot Ultrawide 100fps action
Haha, nice. I don't have the best PC to run this, so I'll be playing this strictly on my Xbox One I'm sure. I'm at least gonna see how it runs on my PC though. If I ever upgrade my GPU in the future, at least I'll have some Xbox games to test it out on. :D

IS THE DEMO ALSO HDR?
No, sadly :(.

WadeitOut

Haha, nice. I don't have the best PC to run this, so I'll be playing this strictly on my Xbox One I'm sure. I'm at least gonna see how it runs on my PC though. If I ever upgrade my GPU in the future, at least I'll have some Xbox games to test it out on. :D

I'll do both. If I have something streaming like a football game I'll be in my computer room where I have multiple consoles/monitors set up and play it on PC. Otherwise I'll lounge in the living room and play it in upscaled 4k.

Blown away by how much I loved FH2 so really stoked.

Spent some time teaching the civilian cars how to drive on the correct side of the road. That is always a weird adjustment when they swt games in countries that drive in the wrong side.

Hexer06

FUCK.

Thanks man

Np. Love your reviews man. Great work! :D

I'll do both. If I have something streaming like a football game I'll be in my computer room where I have multiple consoles/monitors set up and play it on PC. Otherwise I'll lounge in the living room and play it in upscaled 4k.

Yeah I at least have a 4K HDR TV that I'll be able to play on. So maybe that'll help it out a bit. :)

Noobcraft

Spent some time teaching the civilian cars how to drive on the correct side of the road. That is always a weird adjustment when they swt games in countries that drive in the wrong side.
'Murica
screenshot-originalr5pg4.png

On a side note, they definitely upped the particle effects compared to FH2.

Guys, im torn !

I have the ultimate edition pre ordered and of course, am excited. why?

I have a dedicated gaming room with a projector, TX wheel with a custom racing rig that uses an authentic race seat with the Th8a clutch set and pro pedal set up. its AWESOME ! but then I tried the demo....

My excitement and expectations on how I was going to experience the game done a 180. This game is downright frustrating and impossible to play with a wheel/clutch. Even in automatic I find the steering to be...not good at all.

and the View, it seems like it needs to be played in a chase cam. There is too much going on, its too twitchy and not to mention down right gorgeous to play using an in car camera.

The game seems to be very good but im so bitter right now. Anyone else feel this way? I cant believe im going to be playing this on the couch with a controller.

I have the same setup and it feels exactly the same as horizon 2. And i dont know what driving automatic would have to do with the steering.

0racle

I have the same setup and it feels exactly the same as horizon 2. And i dont know what driving automatic would have to do with the steering.

yeah sorry that didn't make sense, I was referring to how if I focused just on driving in automatic the steering felt off. Not nearly as precise as Forza 6. Your having no trouble?

cackhyena

Feeling like a real dummy. Unlocked the drone mode, go into it and the car just stops. Now I'm real tired, so I have that excuse, but what am I missing? Also, this game is the tits. I didn't bite on FH2 but I think I have to go for it here.

Feeling like a real dummy. Unlocked the drone mode, go into it and the car just stops. Now I'm real tired, so I have that excuse, but what am I missing? Also, this game is the tits. I didn't bite on FH2 but I think I have to go for it here.

Drone mode is hard, you need a second controller hooked up to keep control of the car while flying the drone with the other.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Which thread are we using god damnit, I wanna show off this god tier lighting to as many people as possible holy fucking seven kingdoms

"The lighting is fucking godlike holy shieeeeetttttttt:

VMG6rd8.png

NapuXlE.png

N6aNaEb.png

Ir0wJOs.png

bf8Yqcb.png

K6ONAxa.png

"

If you had badass knights on horses, it's the correct side. If you didn't, well you're American.

yeah sorry that didn't make sense, I was referring to how if I focused just on driving in automatic the steering felt off. Not nearly as precise as Forza 6. Your having no trouble?

Its diffrent from 6, just as horizon 2 was diffrent from 5. Is your FFB turned up to 100, because its set to 50 by default?

Hexer06

Which thread are we using god damnit, I wanna show off this god tier lighting to as many people as possible holy fucking seven kingdoms

"The lighting is fucking godlike holy shieeeeetttttttt:"
*snip images*

Really like the 2nd and last pic especially :D. I'm jealous of you people playing now. Recore has an update, and it pushes back my FH3 demo download as well. I might not even get to play tonight :(.

ShapeGSX

I hope they create a better ad for this game than "Leave your limits".

The TV spot was so short and they spent way too much time on the boring slot car track. you don't need a concept for an ad for a game this incredible! Just show it!

I can't believe how good it is! Leaves everything else in the dust!! Literal dust, and sand, and water splashes, and smoke, and fence pieces!

Top Bottom