• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Announced for Xbox One

GHG

Gold Member
My excuse would be that real races are not done in the rain. I get why people like it, but it doesn't seem to have a place a proper sim.

What are you even talking about? You do realise they don't just call off races the moment it starts racing in real life racing? You do realise in most cases they race for hours and hours in rain? You do realise that real racetracks have drainage systems to accommodate for rain?

Xbone version is not confirmed for now.

That's the target so probably not.

"Some PS4 footage shows that Project Cars is handsome on console, but not quite as much as its PC counterpart. The frame-rate seems to waver around the 30fps mark, dipping a little when the rain rolls in."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...better-racing-game-than-forza-or-gran-turismo

The whole reason for the delay of PCars is because they were not 100% hitting 60fps on the consoles and the controller support was not 100% there yet. It's a serious target for these guys and I'm willing to bet they will sacrifice the resolution in order to make it 60fps if necessary.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ting-for-1080p-60fps-on-both-xbox-one-and-ps4

The article you quoted above is also very old and dates back to last E3. If the PC version is anything to go by I can tell you that they have come on leaps and bounds since then in terms of optimisation. In scenarios where the game was tanking to 40fps on my rig the game is now at 60fps in most cases and that's with everything maxed out with DSx2 enabled.

The console versions will no doubt have a few settings dialled down so it's not unachievable in the slightest.

I really hope that PCars makes an impact on the consoles as it will really push both Forza and GT to push the boundaries for their next games since they will both have a real competitor on the same console.

saladine1

what

XamrD21.gif

Man, that's some great stuff right there!

I hope that the upgrades/tuning gets an overhaul of sorts. It has been the same for quite a while now on both FM and Horizon.

I'd like to see a deeper, perhaps more interactive garage where all modifications are done.

Also a working dyno where finer tuning can take place.(ECU,Boost,Gearing..etc)

FordGTGuy

Banned
it's not a completed game and on the PC, it varies of course

Just saying that if it only hits 60 at times or holds 60 but dips in weather/large races than it's not comparably the same.

In order to maintain 60 fps Forza Motorsport has to run much higher than 60 fps.

GHG

Gold Member
Just saying that if it only hits 60 at times or holds 60 but dips in weather/large races than it's not comparably the same.

In order to maintain 60 fps Forza Motorsport has to run much higher than 60 fps.

Yeh on average it will need to run higher but the reality is that minimum framerates are all that matter when running in a locked framerate scenario. As long as the minimum framerate is 61 or above they will be good to go even if the average is "only" 65 for example.

In this case I would be happy to sacrifice on resolution if it means they can then get dynamic weather, dynamic lighting and realistic pit strategies in.

adelante

Yeh on average it will need to run higher but the reality is that minimum framerates are all that matter when running in a locked framerate scenario. As long as the minimum framerate is 61 or above they will be good to go even if the average is "only" 65 for example.

In this case I would be happy to sacrifice on resolution if it means they can then get dynamic weather, dynamic lighting and realistic pit strategies in.

I've a feeling Turn10 wouldn't. Same thing with framerate.

HF2014

Well if Project Cars doesnt deliver on ps4, it might be the reason i will get back an xi! God i loved forza 5 even if it was not having tons of tracks.

FordGTGuy

Banned
What are those bells and whistles exactly?

Is this a joke? All the bells and whistles that are complained about not being in Forza yet.

How many racing games on console run at a locked 60 yet have dynamic weather and a dynamic day/night cycle. The answer is currently none.

Gestault

What are those bells and whistles exactly?

They were talking about things like dynamic weather and day/night, but even without that, are there racing titles on consoles at this point running at 1080/60 other than Forza 5? GT5/6 were at lower resolution and had framerate problems, but they're the closest that come to mind. Even there, the lighting/weather wasn't available across all the tracks.

I think people are keeping expectations in check based on what amounts to the entirety of the genre, barring a future release of project cars, not pushing for the same thing as the recent Forza games.

Is this a joke? All the bells and whistles that are complained about not being in Forza yet.

How many racing games on console run at a locked 60 yet have dynamic weather and a dynamic day/night cycle. The answer is currently none.

I was just asking a question, calm down.

They were talking about things like dynamic weather and day/night, but even without that, are there racing titles on consoles at this point running at 1080/60 other than Forza 5? GT5/6 were at lower resolution and had framerate problems, but they're the closest that come to mind. Even there, the lighting/weather wasn't available across all the tracks.

I think people are keeping expectations in check based on what amounts to the entirety of the genre, barring a future release of project cars, not pushing for the same thing as the recent Forza games.

Right. What do you think has the biggest performance impact, weather or night? I know night racing would result in more shadows/light sources and all that but weather has screen space reflections and the like.

shandy706

Revisited Forza 5 last night for a couple hours.

One strange thing, the game didn't look as aliased as I remembered/imagined it being after hours with FH2.

Anyway, it just made me want FM6 even more. 5 is a really good looking, and smooth playing, game.

Currently doing the Indy Series

p6lijM.gif

Still can't make up my mind with $11 Million+ credits..lol

p1nE5t.gif

Also...check out that popup Gestault...:p

E753vJ.gif

FordGTGuy

Banned
Is it unrealistic to expect Forza Horizon 2 quality or better visuals at 1080p/60? I'm assuming the engine T10 is using has progressed since Forza Horizon 2 and it doesn't have an open world to render.

I'd be happy with something like this at 1080/60.
http://xboxclips.com/Mr+Noobcraft/9d5b4f0e-2bf7-4adc-a8a8-2d8b89206e2c

It is not unrealistic to expect better visuals than Forza 5, it is borderline to expect the visuals/features of Horizon 2 at a locked 60.

Being on track helps them a lot over having to deal with a open world environment.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Revisited Forza 5 last night for a couple hours.

One strange thing, the game didn't look as aliased as I remembered/imagined it being after hours with FH2.

Anyway, it just made me want FM6 even more. 5 is a really good looking, and smooth playing, game.

Currently doing the Indy Series

p6lijM.gif

Still can't make up my mind with $11 Million+ credits..lol

p1nE5t.gif

Also...check out that popup Gestault...:p

E753vJ.gif

yeah, still looks great, especially some of th enew tracks and the dlc ones.

Gestault

I was just asking a question, calm down.

Right. What do you think has the biggest performance impact, weather or night? I know night racing would result in more shadows/light sources and all that but weather has screen space reflections and the like.

I know proper shadow projection with as many vehicles active as they want has to be a big hit. With the way the physics models work in modern simulations, weather is probably a hit too, but that's more CPU-side than GPU. The actual particles and SSR effects for weather aren't all that different from what the engine is already handling.

Zolf

I will get an Xbox One for this game; Forza 3 and Forza 4 are two of my favorite games and I skipped Forza 5 thus far since it seemed a bit constrained due to the necessity of being a launch title.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I will get an Xbox One for this game; Forza 3 and Forza 4 are two of my favorite games and I skipped Forza 5 thus far since it seemed a bit constrained due to the necessity of being a launch title.

Forza 5 is worth it for the version of Nurburgring alone.

Fox Mulder

It was, but received free tracks and has a great list of dlc cars. I got the digital goty version for like $30 on sale.

A rescanned Nurburgring in Lauda's Ferrari F1 car. Hnnnnnng.

Noobcraft

Forza 5 is worth it for the version of Nurburgring alone.
I second this. Forza 5's Nurburgring is pretty spectacular.

I was looking for some Xbox Record That clips and I came across some unrelated but kinda funny stuff that happened to me in FM5.

Dat community:
http://xboxclips.com/Mr+Noobcraft/b4dfbab5-2606-45e4-9d96-f03a91f6e85d

Dat Net Code:
http://xboxclips.com/Mr+Noobcraft/d0a6b519-fc64-4fec-b647-60bae0bec5c0

http://xboxclips.com/Mr+Noobcraft/6c573f18-b06c-436a-97ee-e91b0f095051

terrible

Banned
I'm having such a hard time not buying an Xbone for Forza 5 in preparation for this. I tried using Driveclub as a substitute but other than the graphics it's a gigantic step back from even Forza 4 in every way. Why must Forza tempt me so. I think I will wait though. I must.

mike4001_

I'm having such a hard time not buying an Xbone for Forza 5 in preparation for this. I tried using Driveclub as a substitute but other than the graphics it's a gigantic step back from even Forza 4 in every way. Why must Forza tempt me so. I think I will wait though. I must.

Sorry but this basically screams for

latest

saladine1

Bump for us Aussie's looking for more Australian cars.

We could be seeing Monaro's, Torana's, Brock Commodore's, Falcon GT's, FPV's, HSV's...in Forza 6 if this is anything to go by...

Muscle Car stables is proud to announce our joint collaboration with Turn 10 Studios (Microsoft) and its staff members. We look forward in continuing our efforts to help Turn 10 connect the bridge between gamers and the automotive industry for the Microsoft XBOX One console!

https://www.facebook.com/MuscleCarStables/posts/808325382538127

http://www.musclecarstables.com.au/index.php

In Beardawalt we trust!!!!
dkiiF7k.jpg

Top Bottom