• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank Castle is Marvel Comics next War Machine

You finally have a chance to give Miles a defining moment and something to grow on as a character and it ends up a whole lotta ain't nothing.

Legit whole event is completely pointless other than rejiggering costumes again.

Didn't they replace "white" Iron Man with a Black Woman.
Now you are mad because they are replacing "Black" Iron Man with a white guy? In a comic that will be eventually retconned? Lets all take a deep breath people.
Rhodes is being replaced with a character that has been infamously worshipped by the police and soldiers as a hero.

mreddie

You finally have a chance to give Miles a defining moment and something to grow on as a character and it ends up a whole lotta ain't nothing.

Legit whole event is completely pointless other than rejiggering costumes again.

1. Makes Civil War 2 pointless
2. Once again, can't have the good guys get a win in this bullshit

The problem with new villains is a writer creates one and another writer quickly forgets about them. Editorial does not give them enough room to leave a legacy. They end up just becoming a thing in a story arc and that's it. At this point I wouldn't insult fanfic writers cuz even they are not happy with Marvel.
It's this crossover event after crossover event after crossover event garbage that's to blame. New heroes aren't really afforded time to build an actual rogue's gallery as they're too busy being dragged into crossovers every other story arc.

Glix

That was years ago, he got caught in a bomb blast. Stark turned him into a cyborg while he grew him a new body. But Osborn stole his body and Rhodes had to track it down.

Remember when they turn him into John Carter?

Please tell me that is some Secret Wars shit.

Please.

JZA

I think I would like this idea better if for some reason, Frank had to involuntarily wear Stark-powered armor, like maybe if he had been severely injured or something. Otherwise, it just doesn't seem like a thing that Tony or any of the Avengers would allow to happen, I thought most of Earth-616 thinks Frank is crazy.

mreddie

I think I would like this idea better if for some reason, Frank had to involuntarily wear Stark-powered armor, like maybe if he had been severely injured or something. Otherwise, it just doesn't seem like a thing that Tony or any of the Avengers would allow to happen, I thought most of Earth-616 thinks Frank is crazy.

Thing is Stark is in a coma at the moment and it maybe likely this was made by another guy.

TalonJH

It really isn't a bad tempory shake-up but I don't think they should do it. I feel like giving Frank Castle more power is a bad idea for the character.

Please tell me that is some Secret Wars shit.

Please.
If you're talking about Space Punisher it was it's own mini that I'm pretty sure is in it's own continuity. It was actually pretty fun if you like cheesy over the top action movies. Plus the art was great.

Glix

If you're talking about Space Punisher it was it's own mini that I'm pretty sure is in it's own continuity. It was actually pretty fun if you like cheesy over the top action movies. Plus the art was great.

Okay good as long as it was elseworlds (ya ya i know thats DC) or whatever.

Yeah Castle is a bad choice for The War Machine, but that goes without saying. He doesn't need more power right now. It would be out of character for The Punisher to become the next War Machine. Way to go Marvel.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The idea of the FUCKING PUNISHER working for Hydra is way more offensive than Captain America being a Hydra agent.

Wish the MAX imprint was still around, Punisher feels terribly out of place in the main Marvel universe at this point.

Captain America is the head of hydra

Punished is a crap fanboy

Makes sense to me

TalonJH

Gotta pivot back to classic Punisher by the time that Netflix series comes out.

Odinson and Punisher are getting fucked so hard by Secret Empire.

Because of the topic people are on how out of place Punisher is in Hydra but Odinson is the real head scratcher. He's reluctant but I just can't believe he would follow Rogers like a puppy until he soul searches for the right answer but I guess losing the hammer really did fucked him up.

Enjoying the ride though.

Frank, like the X-Men, is best off being in his own universe like MAX did.

Echoing that this a bad look because it's completely out of character for Frank and it enables all his fascist fanboys that willfully ignore the point of his character.

PixelatedBookake

This would be a cool idea in a what-if story, but as an actual main universe Marvel thing, its odd. It seems fucked up for The Punisher, the guy who is basically violence personified getting a death suit to kill hundreds of more people in. What the fuck?

HeatBoost

in what universe does Tony Stark allow Frank Castle to run around murdering people in the suit he designed? Even if he is just an AI simulacrum

I don't understand any of this story event. I love Frank Castle, but I just don't get it. Though last time Frank stole Iron Man's shit, it was kinda awesome.

Art is amazing tho.

tumblr_oqtr7rBoCH1w2tgilo5_1280.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
This would be a cool idea in a what-if story, but as an actual main universe Marvel thing, its odd. It seems fucked up for The Punisher, the guy who is basically violence personified getting a death suit to kill hundreds of more people in. What the fuck?

We've had frankenpunisher. This is nothing

Shaanyboi

Banned
I don't get this

pretty much the whole idea of a Superhero is a fascist idea, all superheroes are essentially fascists if you really think about it

Punisher just doesn't BS around like the capes
Soldiers aren't decorating themselves in Batman imagery when they want to pump themselves up to kill brown people.

IrishNinja

god, rhodey literally died for nothing other than the obligatory civil war black guy has to die thing

also surely this will be as memorable as when frank was an angel

Rhodey despite being a soldier believed in peace, and be horrified Punisher was wearing the suit. They put the masturbation icon for military and police that love to kill brown people into the suit of a brown person. Fucking disgusting

you know, i was such a punisher fan before & loved so much of Ennis' run, its gross as fuck that his symbol's been coopted but i can't deny it's happened. seeing it on police cars is the most dystopian shit though

We've had frankenpunisher. This is nothing

i still have to read that but i was told it was surprisingly fun

TalonJH

Didn't they replace "white" Iron Man with a Black Woman.
Now you are mad because they are replacing "Black" Iron Man with a white guy? In a comic that will be eventually retconned? Lets all take a deep breath people.

Iron Heart only took over the title book while Doom took another IronMan book. Tony is still IronMan. He is in a coma but has a Holographic AI that pilots his old suit while he gets better and is getting more panel time than IronHeart & Doom combind in all the cross over books.

War Machine was killed off completely as a plot device. It's doubtful that they will hard retcon him dying but rather we'll get an in-story resurrection at some point.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Why?

What makes Punisher great is that he doesn't need super powered armour suits or abilities, he just gets sh*t done with his soldier skills

Marvel is dead in terms of creativity

All New All Different!

Strangely all Nazi, but that can't mean anything.

I don't feel like waiting this out.

I just won't fucking buy it, read it, or support it unless they have some kind of story kung fu, or have him get knocked the fuck out every single time.

Shit.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I've lived through Punisher being turned into a black guy and immediately becoming Luke Cage's sidekick.
I've lived through Punisher being turned into the Angel of Death and hunting demons with angelic uzis.
I've lived through the Punisher being sliced into little pieces by Daken and being rebuilt as a literal frankenstein's monster.
Hell I've even lived through the worst offense possible, Punisher being written by Nathan Edmondson.

I'll live through this.

It's incredibly fucking stupid though.

Is he going to be killing street level thugs and mobsters in war machine armor or will he be fighting super villains now?

It was already lopsided before, but goddamn talk about overkill.

Top Bottom