• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck Xbox One's Disconnecting Controllers And Frustrating Inability To Fix It

My lunar white controller has been doing this quite often recently and it's pretty frustrating. Do I call Microsoft support about this?

I'm assuming you have the most up to date firmware? If so then yeah call support unless it's within 30 days in which case I'd just return it.

Yup, I'm all up to date on firmware. It just started happening more frequently these past few months. I bought the controller in September I believe.

masq

Neo Member
yeah, I have this happen occasionally and with a variety of controllers, including my Elite.
I think it has something to do with interference from other wireless devices? Not sure.

One that that I have noticed, if it disconnects, and then I remove the battery cover (without even touching the batteries or pak) the controller will re-connect.

weird.

I'm at my wit's end here.

I am having this same exact issue with my PS4... Had to return the Dual Shock last night. Havent been able to play because it disconnect, laggy imputs, then disconnects again. Hopefully when I get home its fully charged and ready to test again.

My XBOX Elite controller has worked flawlessly and no issues with any of my other controller. But I am having the same EXACT frustrations as you just with a different console..

SegaManAU

Gold Member
I'm still having this issue and I was about to trade in my Day One edition for a new One S. But after doing some research I've read that people are still having disconnects on the new One S too.

Just posting here to see if anyone has had this issue with the new model ? It's driving me crazy.

I'm still having this issue and I was about to trade in my Day One edition for a new One S. But after doing some research I've read that people are still having disconnects on the new One S too.

Just posting here to see if anyone has had this issue with the new model ? It's driving me crazy.

Seriously?? People with S's are having this issue?

I was playing today and still getting disconnects. I think I'm gonna try the hardware trick of replacing the component because this is ridiculous.

I was surprised to see this thread return.

I haven't had any issues on the S, but did have one the last day I used my original Xbox One and Forza controller. I moved the source of the interference, too -- it'd still just happen at random, but not too often thankfully.

Here's hoping that was the last of it. The only regular model controller I still have is my Elite.

U2NUMB

I was playing today and still getting disconnects. I think I'm gonna try the hardware trick of replacing the component because this is ridiculous.

I am not having that issue with my S connected to an elite... Had it all the time before with my Elite console.

SegaManAU

Gold Member

Yes, I seen a post on the Xbox forums where a user mentioned having this issue with an Xbox One S.

XBox One S on launch.

Same issue here, lose connection during games but mine doesn't reconnect, I have to reconnect the cable every time!

About 17 posts down.
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/2...random-controller-disconnects-post-1502-updat

_woLf

I RMA'd an Xbox One because of how bad this problem was for me. "new" console does the exact same fucking thing. Losing point chains in the Forza Horizon 3 demo all over the place because of it.

Is it really still an issue on the One S? This is making a lot of games unplayable for me. I thought the One S uses bluetooth for the controllers.

frogger

Mine used to disconnect a lot. I recently changed battery to one of those charge and play battery. I just realized it actually stopped disconnecting. I am not sure if it has something to do with the batter or recent update.

Yeah, I never had random disconnects but rather syncing issues. Every so often it happens when I try to turn the xbox on with controller. Won't sync at all, unless I hard reset the console and controller. It's annoying to say the least and happens to both controllers. Could it be after every new console update? Oh well, upgrading to the xbox one s soon.

Compsiox

Banned
For a long time my controller disconnected like 3 times a day. Out of frustration I shoved the USB into the controller furiously repeatedly.

The next day I found out you could force an update to fix it.

It worked happily ever after.

Filben

I have a specific problem that is very hard to google.

Normally my Xbox One controller works fine, but after a couple of days of no usage and reboot I must reconnect the adapter (plug out, plug in) and re-sync my controller. Than it keeps working fine. No disconnect during the session at all. After switching it off, it's possible to switch it back on without any troubles. But soon, as I mentioned, after a couple of days I have to crawl under my desk to re-plug my adapter. Simple re-syncing DOES NOT work. It really must be re-plugged. So annoying as I have this problem since day one.

EDIT: eek, sorry, my problem is related to Windows 10. This very thread seems to about the Xbox One.

oneils

Seems to happen to me when there is a lot of vibration going on. That seems to mess with my connection.

OCD Guy

I picked up an Xbox One Elite when they were on sale recently and the controller disconnects constantly.

I've tried everything, different batteries, play and charge kit, with stereo headset connected and unconnected.

I've even turned off everything in my home with Wi-Fi or bluetooth and still the same damn shit.

Offline it's annoying but I can't describe how annoying it is while playing online in Horizon 3 and the damn controller disconnects while I'm in first place and it just fucks me up.

The controller is fully up to date and the issue still occurs, I've now had to resort to playing with the usb cable connected, which fucks me off, especially as the damn headset has a cable too.

I'm not impressed as I had all this shit when I first picked up an Xbox one at launch.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Never experienced this with Xbone Fat, using normal and Elite controllers. Actually never heard of it before. Still sux, though.

So, my controllers don't disconnect during gameplay, but they constantly lose sync to the console when it's turned off. I can use it one day, turn it off, and by the next day, my controllers are all desynced. I have to force a hard boot of the system for them to sync back up. Once I do that, they'll stay connected for weeks or days...there's no real consistency with it. It's annoying.

Top Bottom