• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Batman AK Season Pass content revealed

Kezen

Banned
Can a game with a terrible story really be called great, I just found it ok? The story in a vacuum is just ok I guess if we compare it to actual Batman stories it's downright terrible, worse than Hush or TDK:R.

The mediums are very different, I don't judge a game story in isolation. And I don't even care much for stories in gaming, that's distant second to the actual mechanics to me.

Mob_zter

Neo Member
Its too much to read.
Can someone please explain to me that what are the story DLC in this season pass.??

Too many unwanted things in that season pass & my head hurts lol.

Can a game with a terrible story really be called great, I just found it ok? The story in a vacuum is just ok I guess if we compare it to actual Batman stories it's downright terrible, worse than Hush or TDK:R.

I mean people call games like MGSV great and think it should be up for GOTY and that has a worse story then this does, so why not?

If Season of Infamy is lackluster I don't care about all this content in the season pass it would be a huge disappointment all in all. They made a huge misstep with these Gotham City Stories as well, they could have shown compelling things that occurred after Arkham Knight with the Bat Family, but they never delve into anything.

The gist of what I'm getting from this is that the season pass is a series of disjointed micro-transaction-style DLCs spread over several months? Skins, <1 hr missions, challenge maps, etc.?

Really doesn't sound interesting at all.

Also the Season of Infamy is just most wanted missions and those ranged from very short to moderate in length in the main game and the moderate length ones were completing the same task over and over. They better not be like that, that's all I'm gonna say.

Kezen

Banned
What's going on with the PC version? When is the real fix coming?

PC version will back on sale at the end of October, but it probably won't be "fixed" for everyone. Strong PC required.
If your machine shows its age no "fix" for you.

I look forward to some people still calling it broken because their PC is not up to snuff.

Kezen

Banned
Cool. I have sli 970's, but that last big patch didn't do much to fix the framerate spikes among other things.

It dramatically increased performance and stability for me, but considering you have a SLI setup issues were to be expected.
And don't hold your breath for the final game to properly "support" SLI either, it's just too much of a niche for publishers/devs to care much if at all.

You went full SLI man, never go full SLI.

Kezen

Banned
Apparently you require a stronger PC to fix the problem.
Some people have a tendency to blame the software when their machine performs below their often ridiculously inflated expectations.

Which is why the game will never, ever be "fixed" for everyone.

Where do we know that from?

The Season of Infamy is another Batman Arkham Knight extra coming to Season Pass holders. It’ll include its own story arc, villains and missions in the same way the Batgirl DLC does. Joining it will be Gotham City Stories, an opportunity for users to play as Batman’s allies after the events of Batman Arkham Knight.

Correction.

I misread the details and thought they were also talking about The Season of Infamy DLC. Though it is confusing because some of the Gotham City Stories don't take place after Arkham Knight.

So far GCPD Lockdown and the Red Hood "stories" (lol) have taken place after the game. It is still unknown when Season of Infamy will take place.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Mission: Beneath The Surface (Killer Croc)
[*]Mission: In From the Cold (Mister Freeze)
[*]Mission: Wonderland (Mad Hatter)
[*]Mission: Shadow War (Ra&#8217;s Al Ghul)

Can't wait to see what kind of cars they drive the whole time.

Hmm, I want to play all the story missions but would it be worth buying the Season Pass for or just separately? Decisions. I loved Arkham Knight so I'm pumped for more, just not sure how much to spend.

CRcaw0vWsAADUw-.jpg:orig

Please don't disappoint :(
Love it! Please be good!

Top Bottom