• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FURIOSA: A MAD MAX Saga | Review Thread (It's Another Masterpiece)

I also saw it today in IMAX. If Fury Road is an S ranking, Furiosa is an A-.

This is a lore/world building movie marketed as a Furiosa movie, much like how Mad Max was marketed as the star of Fury Road. That’s all I can say without spoiling, but those who understand know exactly what I’m comparing and why I am comparing them, because they know that both situations are similar.

This movie feels like it’s trying to blend the high octane nature of Fury Road with the slower story/lore/character moments of older Mad Max movies, and it does the job really well.

I only have 3 negatives:

-There were a bit too many fade to black moments between scenes.
-Some of the CG looked a bit spotty, especially the far away shots of people running or driving motorcycles. Hoping it’s worked on a bit more before home release.
-The 40 day war being summarized in the way that it was. I understand why, but it could have been done better. It almost killed the momentum of the multi-tiered plot and tension between factions.

Everything else was a blast to watch. I walked out of the theater wanting much more from this insane world that George Miller created. I also am hoping there will be an extended edition/director’s cut due to moments that could have been expanded upon. It felt like he wanted to make a much longer movie and I would very much enjoy 2 more hours of this.

ahtlas7

Everything else was a blast to watch. I walked out of the theater wanting much more from this insane world that George Miller created. I also am hoping there will be an extended edition/director’s cut due to moments that could have been expanded upon. It felt like he wanted to make a much longer movie and I would very much enjoy 2 more hours of this.
I completely agree. I discussed this with one of the people I saw it with. The movie feels heavily edited. There must be lots on the cutting room floor.

AGRacing

No I’m sure your 4 year old nephew got the “jokes” just fine, but jokes are meant to make people laugh so he likely got confused.
Happy Garfield And Friends GIF by Maudit

Sybrix

I also saw it today in IMAX. If Fury Road is an S ranking, Furiosa is an A-.

This is a lore/world building movie marketed as a Furiosa movie, much like how Mad Max was marketed as the star of Fury Road. That’s all I can say without spoiling, but those who understand know exactly what I’m comparing and why I am comparing them, because they know that both situations are similar.

This movie feels like it’s trying to blend the high octane nature of Fury Road with the slower story/lore/character moments of older Mad Max movies, and it does the job really well.

I only have 3 negatives:

-There were a bit too many fade to black moments between scenes.
-Some of the CG looked a bit spotty, especially the far away shots of people running or driving motorcycles. Hoping it’s worked on a bit more before home release.
-The 40 day war being summarized in the way that it was. I understand why, but it could have been done better. It almost killed the momentum of the multi-tiered plot and tension between factions.

This is pretty much how i saw it.

It's a great movie, Fury Road is perfection. Furiosa is just below.

To me, Fury Road is a 10 out of 10, Furiosa is 8.5 out of 10.

Doczu

Watched the movie yesterday with my wife and bro in law. Only 9 people in (Poland), bro hasn't seen any Mad Max movie before.

We liked it very much. It was a nicely crafted movie and we left the cinema satisfied but i understand why it bombed. The general public might have wanted to see another Max movie and a lot of people around me told they would rather wait a month or two and stream it as tickets are quite costly and the snacks just make the price of entry crazy high.

Nevertheless, good stuff

I'm glad Miller was able to make the movie he wanted from long before he even made Fury Road. However it's visually inconsistent and the characters are all really flat except Hemsworth's funny warlord. Action scenes have some great ideas behind them just like Fury Road but the execution was far off. Heard the budget is the about the same but since the scope is so much bigger clearly something had to give.

Top Bottom