• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see Nas owning beats from 40, T-Minus, Alchemist, and a host of other dope producers. He's probably never going to sound good on pure swag rap beats or super busy Timbaland shit...but I'm cool with that.

He has annihilated every Justice League beat he's been on, for instance. The question has never been Nas falling off IMO, it's been a problem with him being a god damn dumbass. He does best when he has some form of linear guidance. For all the acclaim he gets for Illmatic, it should be noted MC Serch is the guy who brought those producers together. IWW was Steve Stout. Stillmatic was basically a bunch of producers wanting to go to war on Nas' side. God's Son seems like perhaps the only album where Nas had full control and did the right thing. Life Is Good is basically No ID trying his hardest to move Nas out of the gutter production wise, succeeding in some ways failing in others.

Which is why I'd love for Nas to hook up with Q-Tip. He has an ear for that "stuck in the 90s" shit, but also has an obvious talent for more modern shit. His work with Kanye speaks for itself; imagine Nas on the break beat heavy That's My Bitch, he'd kill that wack Kanye vese and fit with Jay's dope verse. Give me 3-4 Q-Tip beats as the foundation, and build around that with other dope producers. Get Salaam Remi the fuck out the building. He has some dope shit on LiG but it's time to go breh. And to think this is the guy that produced most of Amy Winehouse's best songs, yet rarely provides a head knocker for Nas - probably due to Nas picking the worst of the beats.

Q-Tip exec producing, Justice League, ALCHEMIST, Oh No, T-Minus, Kanye. There's no way to fuck that up. And for those clamoring for a struggle beat from Premier...dunno, maybe an interlude type track. He couldn't fuck that.

this needs to happen

I actually revisited MCHG the other day and I take back what I said about there not being any quotables on the album. Thing is, they're pretty much all in Crown.

You in the presence of a king
Scratch that, you're in the presence of a GAWD

Fear is your only god
Getting y'all to fear me is my only charge.

Wasn't for the 'caine, wouldn't be able.
Wasn't for the bread, probably be dead.
Best friends become enemies, n***as knives are double edged.

I swear it seems like Jay's best lines on MCHG all revolve around religion/god. Probably why Heaven is my favorite song on the album, from a lyrics perspective
also probably because I'm a baby eating atheist

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What if Jay and Nas did an album? Would they both be better for it?
Would help Nas' career a lot. Most superproducers are on Jay's dick and it'll probably open their eyes to the untapped talent that is Nas.

Jay is too insecure, and like he said on The Breakfast Club, ain't nobody got time to deal with other artist's shit. And Nas has has been working in sanitation for a few years now. Maybe Jay would get inspired again though.

Will never happen.

Cudder

7825759c2d3911e392c922000a1fb771_7.jpg

Esch

Banned
cake, cake, cake, cake, cake
I thought that was a good verse ;_________;
..there's an A$AP Lotto?
Yes, pick three numbers. The winner gets to hang out shirtless with ASAP Yams in Harlem for a day.
What if Jay and Nas did an album? Would they both be better for it?
Nah, every song they make together is pretty wack except Black Republicans. Success is alright i guess too.

They definitely SHOULD get together and release a Dead Presidents IV though.

CRS

Everyone in this thread should get an Android phone for the simple reason that you can download mixtapes and albums in .zip form, extract them, then put them in your music folder and listen, all on your phone. Can't count the number of times a tape has released while I was at work, so I had to download it straight on my phone and had it ready to listen to on the way home.

Any chance of me getting an iPhone went out the window when I read that you can't save/download anything from the browser.

With Goodreader on iOS you can but you can't play files downloaded through the Music app. You have to play through Goodreader's player.

Future: 'Drake made an album that is full of hits but it doesn't grab you. They're not possessive; they don't make you feel the way I do. I want to make you want to fall in love.'

They goin on tour this month.

Drake gonna make No New Friends pt. 2 (This time its a little more personal)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Future: 'Drake made an album that is full of hits but it doesn't grab you. They're not possessive; they don't make you feel the way I do. I want to make you want to fall in love.'

They goin on tour this month.

Drake gonna make No New Friends pt. 2 (This time its a little more personal)
Furthest Thing should've been a single. Hook is amazing for that record.

Esch

Banned
whatever fuck that guy he didnt eat the CD

granted thats a stupid thing to do but he could have at least eaten the booklet, pussy

IrishNinja

damn...think i was one of the only dudes who really enjoyed her unplugged shit (on this sort've tip) but this is just rapid fire beatnik fuckery hoping for clever sh it to stand out. i don't expect fugeela type shit nowdays but...not like this

Would help Nas' career a lot. Most superproducers are on Jay's dick and it'll probably open their eyes to the untapped talent that is Nas.

Jay is too insecure, and like he said on The Breakfast Club, ain't nobody got time to deal with other artist's shit. And Nas has has been working in sanitation for a few years now. Maybe Jay would get inspired again though.

Will never happen.

couldnt really put my finger on why it wouldn't happen but yeah, these sound about right

He got banned on here for telling someone "FUCK YOU" and caught feelings enough to leave GAF-Hop entirely.

dammit i can't remember what exactly set him off though

Kwixotik

I just lost my entire music collection. It's all gone. All of it, from my iPod and computer. Also I have Olde English soaked in my hair right now. I'm about to drink myself into submission over this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom