• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Burbeting

Banned
Ok, this is weird.

But this is really weird, to me. Like...I have zero proof that Xam is an arsonist, but this just screams to me "oh sweet, a diversion to jump on!"

Well... Xam WAS in the same Table as roy was during Night 1, but so was lot of other people as well. But it is interesting.

Fireblend

Banned
Fire alarms are usually used as a distraction in movies and stuff, so maybe this is just a side effect of the actual power that was used. I honestly see no other reason why anyone would scramble the tables now.

Burbeting

Banned
I don't know if this is relevant information, but we need all the intel we can gather. If we assume powers can only target within one table, and that the fire alarm was something iniated either by scum or neutral forces, there might be signifigance on who changed tables during this time.

Moved from table a to table b:
roytheone
weemadarthur
xamtheking
CzarTim

Moved from table b to table a:
ScraftyDevil
Timeaisis
SalvaPot
Hyperactivity

Burbeting

Banned
To other stuff!

Okay, so KK died, joy.

Someone pointed out that I didn't move at all and I actually have a theory on that one.

I am Roytheone, The night owl. Essentially. I'm a light sleeper who get's notified when activity happens in the seats next to me. Last night activity happened. KK was seated next to me, and the message specifically stated that only ONE of the seats had activity, so I will assume his death is what caused it. I do not know for sure however.

This moves to my theory, since I guage activity in the seats arround me, maybe I don't change. This is just a blind guess mind you, but there you go.

But... why would you claim this now? Your power becomes lot less useful after claiming, since scum will be now lot more careful when located next to you--

Wait.

What if that's the reason why the fire alarm was rang? Scum wanted out of the positions next to Terra...? At the start of Day 2, Kalor and Roy were located next to him.

Ty4on

But... why would you claim this now? Your power becomes lot less useful after claiming, since scum will be now lot more careful when located next to you--

Wait.

What if that's the reason why the fire alarm was rang? Scum wanted out of the positions next to Terra...? At the start of Day 2, Kalor and Roy were located next to him.

That's not impossible. I keep thinking of NV though which did have a similar prompt and there it was activated during the night.

Fireblend

Banned
To other stuff!

Wait.

If that's the case though then why do it so quickly after she claimed? If shuffling the tables was really their goal, why not do it right before the day ends?

Burbeting

Banned
Time lapse between Terra claiming and Retro posting the "please wait" was just one hour. Was that enough for scum to discuss this and decide on it?

Burbeting

Banned
I still don't understand why Terra claimed so soon though, especially since his only piece of information from last night seems to be "Yep, there was activity with Kingkitty", which isn't nothing really new, and that there wasn't activity with Timeaisis, which isn't really clearing him for now.

I still don't understand why Terra claimed so soon though, especially since his only piece of information from last night seems to be "Yep, there was activity with Kingkitty", which isn't nothing really new, and that there wasn't activity with Timeaisis, which isn't really clearing him for now.
I think it was because he wasn't moved overnight

Kalor

For the fire alarm stuff I don't see scum triggering it as it would draw more attention to seating arrangements and if they wanted to use a table limited action on someone, there is no guarantee that they would end up at the table they want to be at. It might be a town power but I can't think of a scenario where it would have been beneficial although we don't know everything about the map yet.

nin1000

Banned
Where's that post buddy

here it is

But Launch said

SO WHY DOES THE LIST OF PEOPLE AT HIS TABLE MATTER AT ALL IF WE DON'T KNOW THE TABLE HE SWAPPED

because Roy said that one of the players at his table doused him.
He said:

If we assume PR can only target people at the same table as them (which I find likely) one of these fuckers:

Absolutbro
Czartim
Kalor
Launchpadmcq
Salvapot
Ourobolus
Xamtheking
RNH
Karu

Is an arsonist, since I got drenched last night.

Since he used the map layout of the end of D1 - Table 1 i wanted to tell roy that since launch swapped "everyone" on that map (which of course was false since he can only scramble players at either table 1 or 2) he should rather go with the Map layout - Table 1 which was used at the beginning of D2. This one:

Nin1000
Ty4on
Robotninjahornets
Kalor
Terrabyte20XX
Weemadarthur
Xamtheking
Bababaspaceprincess
Czartim

without realizing that there had been 2 mixups. The one from launch > night actions and then the one from Retro

To make it short.

i thought launch's power scrambled everyone
roy used Day 1 table 1 players to find the one who doused him
i wanted to clarify it by using table 1 layout of Day 2 start.
Did not realize the tables had been mixed up 2 times in the night phase

here it is

because Roy said that one of the players at his table doused him.
He said:

Since he used the map layout of the end of D1 - Table 1 i wanted to tell roy that since launch swapped "everyone" on that map (which of course was false since he can only scramble players at either table 1 or 2) he should rather go with the Map layout - Table 1 which was used at the beginning of D2. This one:

without realizing that there had been 2 mixups. The one from launch > night actions and then the one from Retro

To make it short.

i thought launch's power scrambled everyone
roy used Day 1 table 1 players to find the one who doused him
i wanted to clarify it by using table 1 layout of Day 2 start.
Did not realize the tables had been mixed up 2 times in the night phase
but why did you mess up reading launch's role in the first place

roytheone

Hmm, that fire alarm shuffle is interesting. I have an theory : What if it's a power of the arsonist? A fire alarm fits the theme of an arsonist, and if my theory about them only being able to target at the same table is true, they having a power to reshuffle the seats if they don't like the current layout makes a lot of sense.

Hmm, that fire alarm shuffle is interesting. I have an theory : What if it's a power of the arsonist? A fire alarm fits the theme of an arsonist, and if my theory about them only being able to target at the same table is true, they having a power to reshuffle the seats if they don't like the current layout makes a lot of sense.
Wouldn't an arsonist have a fear of fire alarms?

Burbeting

Banned

My problem with arsonist power at the moment is that the arsonist is pretty easy to get down to few people as the game progresses. If we assume there is only one arsonist, and that arso is tied by the same table rules (Which are not confirmed yet), it means the arsonist must always be on the same table as the victim. That means that the number of arsonist suspects will drop down every time someone is doused, since we can check who was sitting on the same table, and how many of them were on the same table during the previous dousings. That would make catching an arsonist almost too trivial mission in the long run... which means that there might be a counter to it, if Arsonist truly exists. But what would it be?

roytheone

My problem with arsonist power at the moment is that the arsonist is pretty easy to get down to few people as the game progresses. If we assume there is only one arsonist, and that arso is tied by the same table rules (Which are not confirmed yet), it means the arsonist must always be on the same table as the victim. That means that the number of arsonist suspects will drop down every time someone is doused, since we can check who was sitting on the same table, and how many of them were on the same table during the previous dousings. That would make catching an arsonist almost too trivial mission in the long run... which means that there might be a counter to it, if Arsonist truly exists. But what would it be?

It would be a hard role, no doubt. But it is not impossible. If the arsonist only needs to burn a relatively low amount of players for example, it's very possible if they are careful and maybe even skip a night if it's too dangerous. Or if they are able to switch the seats up if the current layout is bad for them.

Last night activity happened. KK was seated next to me, and the message specifically stated that only ONE of the seats had activity, so I will assume his death is what caused it. I do not know for sure however.

Assuming we believe you, can you clarify if your power detects:

1. The person next to you performed an action
2. The person next to you was the target of an action
3. Both of the above

Ty4on

I think Burb means a counter to the fact that we could use the seat allocation to easily find the arsonist, not a counter to the arsonist itself.
No, like genuine counter. Someone's on fire? Activate fire alarm!
Seems too strong if it's infinity use though.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Assuming we believe you, can you clarify if your power detects:

1. The person next to you performed an action
2. The person next to you was the target of an action
3. Both of the above
Both.

Also I claimed because my power only gives me a vague "stuff happened" not who did it, what was done or even who it was done to. If I held clear, next I know I end up getting the cop or doc killed by outing them.

nin1000

Banned

when did he come into play ?

roytheone

I don't know if you got any PM at all, TBH
I think you're lying

Is that purely based on you thinking your drink has been poisoned and having two of that kind of killers in the same game is weird, or are there other reasons you think I am lying?

Going to bed, and unless I missed it, both Bronx and Terra haven't responded to my question about why they kept their original votes yet. Hopefully they will have answered when I wake up.

Is that purely based on you thinking your drink has been poisoned and having two of that kind of killers in the same game is weird, or are there other reasons you think I am lying?

Going to bed, and unless I missed it, both Bronx and Terra haven't responded to my question about why they kept their original votes yet. Hopefully they will have answered when I wake up.
Primarily based on the two killers thing, but I personally think Arsonist is a really easy thing to fake claim, as you can have scum teammates for the next few nights also perpetuate the myth
If I don't die today I'll rethink it

Timeaisis

Well this is an interesting development...

when did he come into play ?

I think he means because I was seated next to TB at the end of last night?

OK, so going over what we got:

- Roy seems sketchy with his claim, as some other's have said. I'm 50/50 on Roy at the moment.
- TB's claim comes at a weird time. Also seems very safe to make the claim that kingkitty was targeted last night. I think we all figured that one out.
- The table switch comes at an even weirder time. Why now, only a couple hours after the day starts? Was something said that caused the fire alarmer to panic? It possibly could be scum but 1 hour is a pretty short window for them to discuss it, I think, unless one of them got antsy. But they would've had all day to talk it over and make the switch right before the night phase if they were worried about something. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Kalor

Primarily based on the two killers thing, but I personally think Arsonist is a really easy thing to fake claim, as you can have scum teammates for the next few nights also perpetuate the myth
If I don't die today I'll rethink it

Why would scum teammates perpetuate the myth when all that would do is draw attention to them if the Arsonist was revealed to be fake.

Why would scum teammates perpetuate the myth when all that would do is draw attention to them if the Arsonist was revealed to be fake.
good point
like if the drink doesn't kill me, he is probably telling the truth
unless this game is indeed super bastard

Ty4on

- The table switch comes at an even weirder time. Why now, only a couple hours after the day starts? Was something said that caused the fire alarmer to panic? It possibly could be scum but 1 hour is a pretty short window for them to discuss it, I think, unless one of them got antsy. But they would've had all day to talk it over and make the switch right before the night phase if they were worried about something. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Again, in Night Vale (also moderated by Retro) there was a day action with the same prompt. It was the serial killer's kill, but there it was activated at night and then surfaced at a random time the next day (real day 1 in every case I think).

Not saying it has to be the case, but we spent too much time there wondering about the timing when it was completely irrelevant.

Ourobolus

Banned
Ok, finally done with work, so just got caught up.

- O...k... so we were switched again. I see no utility in someone doing that, at least not at this point in the game. Seems really weird to be a town ability, but it also seems weird to be a scum role as well. Unless there is some sort of day scum/town role that is affected (and for the love of god don't tell us if you are one *glares at Terra*), I don't see what this did except for making everyone have to reevaluate their plan for the night, and it's not like there's a shortage of time until D3 starts.

- Terra, what the fuck? Why on earth role claim this early, and especially if you didn't really give us any new information?

- Xam, dude, chill the fuck out. You don't even have any votes on you, stop playing the martyr.

Top Bottom