• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Best of E3 2016 Voting Thread [Ends: 24th June 23:59 UTC]

dreamfall

1. Mafia III
2. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. Dishonored 2
5. God of War
6. The Last Guardian
7. Resident Evil 7
8. Watch Dogs 2
9. Gravity Rush 2
10. Detroit: Become Human

beinfilms

1. Death Stranding

I'll add the rest of my list when I'm not on mobile, but I need to get that out there, at least. Kojima's whole bit was my favorite thing I've seen at E3 in years.

1. God of War
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Spiderman
4. The Last Guardian
5. Persona 5
6. Detroit: Become Human
7. Kingdom Hearts 2.8
8. NieR: Automata
9. Mass Effect: Andromeda
10. Final Fantasy XV

Akki

1. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. NieR: Automata
3. God of War
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Detroit: Become Human
6. Sea of Thieves
7. Spiderman
8. Resident Evil 7
9. Yooka-Laylee
10. Paper Mario: Color Splash

Sesha

1. Wild Guns: Reloaded
2. Resident Evil 7
3. Nioh
4. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
5. NieR: Automata
6. South Park: The Fractured but Whole
7. We Happy Few
8. Steep
9. Dishonored 2
10. Dead Rising 4

Honorable mentions: The Last Guardian, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, everything from ID@Xbox.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. God of War
3. The Last Guardian
4. Abzu
5. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
6. Detroit: Become Human
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. NieR: Automata
9. Days Gone
10. Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Battlechili

Banned
1. Nier Automata
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. 7th Dragon III: Code VFD
4. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
5. Scalebound
6. Shantae: Half Genie Hero
7. Resident Evil 7
8. Kingdom Hearts 2.8
9. Death Stranding
10. Ever Oasis

Square Enix won E3 for me.

Tuttle

Neo Member
1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. God of War
3. Detroit Become Human
4. We Happy Few
5. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
6. NieR: Automata
7. Mafia III
8. Titanfall 2
9. Forza Horizon 3
10. Bound

1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Dishonored 2
4. Spider-Man; I badly want this to do for Spidey what the Arkham games did for Batman. I'm honestly pretty optimistic since it's in Insommiac's hands, and I trust them more than I did Rocksteady circa 2009.
5. Abzu
6. Aragami; I only learned of this game's existence when the gaf thread got bumped a couple days ago, but I like stealth games, I like ninjas, and the artstyle looks great, so I'm in.
7. Dead Rising 4
8. Pokemon Sun/Moon
9. God of War; From the leaks I was initially disappointed by Kratos' return, but I'm fine with it after seeing his personality change. Still a bit cautious about how the new camera angle and RPG elements will work, but it's exciting that they're willing to take risks.
10. Forza Horizon 3; This looks gorgeous and I'm excited it's on PC since I'm very likely to build one later this year as my ancient laptop's clearly on it's way out.

Honorable Mention: The Last Guardian; SotC is my #5 favorite GOAT, but given the development hell this project has been through, I'm a little wary.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

As some who loved the last two main Zeldas I'm actually a bit tepid on this. I like a lot of what I hear and see about the game. The only fear is that the world currently seems too empty. Zelda also doesn't have some stunning enemy variety for an open-world game. Will still definitely be top 5 next year for me.

2. Ever Oasis

I love action-RPG's and this looks really cool.

3. Horizon: Zero Dawn

I really like the look of this game and the female protagonist's style. I'm just afraid of the fact that this type of Western game usually doesn't have a narrative that I agree with. I also wonder if they will actually reveal everything that's going on in what is the first of what will be a series.

4. ReCore

This game looks kinda rough and simple. Still it has very clear Metroid Prime influences with lock-on, different elements and items like the spider that goes along a track. Looks like something I'll enjoy.

5. Nier: Automata

6. Paper Mario: Color Splash

Despite the lack of being a traditional RPG it still has the charming writing. It also looks absolutely gorgeous.

joshcam19

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn- This is going to be a big one from everything that I’ve seen and heard. Graphically it is one of the most beautiful open world rpg’s that I’ve seen and it has a great sense of scale. I love the idea of having a post-apocalyptic game that is so far in the future that humans have almost reverted back to a prehistoric nature and yet they live with past machines as they do with the rest of nature. Great concept and the gameplay with the bow and staff seem satisfying.
2. The Last Guardian- I’ve waited for this game for a long time. Shadow of the Colossus is my favorite game ever created and ICO also holds a special place for me. So naturally getting to play the third game in Team ICO’s “universe” is very exciting. I also believe that Sony has stuck with this game for so long for a reason, I think it will be great.
3. Detroit: Become Human- Heavy Rain was such a breath of fresh air when it first came out and really got me out of the doldrums with regards to more traditional games when it released. Beyond: Two Souls was a bit of a disappointment mainly because of the odd story structure that meant that most of your decisions had no bearing on the outcome. Even though it wasn’t what I was hoping for I’m still glad I played it because once again Quantic Dream makes different games than anything else out there. The trailer for Detroit was fantastic, confirming multiple characters and the scenarios can turn out in very different ways. All this means a return to form for Quantic Dream at least that is how it looks.
4. God of War- I terrific reveal. It is still Kratos, which I think is a good choice but clearly they want to grow him as a character and a father. The setting is great and the combat looks brutal. God of War is back.
5. Spider-Man- Insomniac is a skilled studio who just released one of the best games of the generation with the remake of Ratchet and Clank. Everything in this short but sweet trailer was great. Fluid animation, solid voice acting and a beautifully rendered New York to swing around in. I think this could be Spider-Man’s Arkham Asylum.
6. Persona 5- Even the menus in this game are flashier and better animated than most games in their entirety out there. This could be one of the best JRPG’s ever.
7. Days Gone- Sony Bend is such a talented studio that hasn’t had a chance to shine on a home console in a while though they have done wonders on both the PSP and Vita. There seems to be some zombie fatigue but I like the little things they have done here to freshen up a tired idea. You’re part of a motorcycle gang and your motorcycle is important to your character, the zombies aren’t undead they actually have to eat, drink and sleep and finally I like the ideas of all the traps you can set. I think this could be a great game.
8. Gravity Rush 2- This got very little play at the conference but it looks great. The first game was a gem on Vita, a truly special game. A fresh take on the superhero genre. The new game adds more powers, better aesthetics and more variety. I’m so glad we are getting a sequel and it is coming soon.
9. Mass Effect: Andromeda- It actually pissed me off with the small amount of new info we received at this year’s e3. It seems like this game was announced way too early which EA has been doing a lot recently. I almost left this game off but there was just enough to get me excited and I have no doubt it will be a great game. Please just do a full reveal though and stop the teases on Twitter, it is killing me.
10. Abzu- Journey under the Sea? Yes please! Love the art style and though most underwater levels/games are typically bad it seems that it plays well. I love the mystery and interaction with wild life. This should be great and if it lives up to the comparisons of Journey it will be truly special.

1. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
2. Dishonored 2
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. God of War
6. Mass Effect: Andromeda
7. Forza Horizon 3
8. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
9. Days Gone
10. Watch Dogs 2

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Watch Dogs 2
3. Detroit: Become Human
4. Battlefield 1
5. Nier: Automata
6. Yooka-Laylee
7. Pokemon Sun and Moon
8. Abzu
9. Paper Mario: Color Splash
10. Ever Oasis

jdstorm

Banned
1. Zelda Breath of the Wild
2. steep
3. Pokemon Go
4. forza horizon 3
5. titanfall 2
6 FFXV
7 Horizon Zero Dawn
8 Abzu
9 Mass Effect:Andromeda
10.yooka Leylee

Crayolan

1. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild-Zelda 1+Shadow of the Colossus=game of my dreams. So happy to see a major shake up in the Zelda franchise, can't wait to explore that world

2. Spiderman PS4-Just get the swinging right, and it'll be amazing

3. Horizon: Zero Dawn-Dinosaurs+Technology is a cool mix. I just hope there'll be more fighting unnatural mechanical monstrosities and less talking to villagers I don't care about

4. Persona 5-Haven't played a Persona game but this game looks hot

5. Gravity Rush 2-See above

6. Nier Automata-See above

7. The Last Guardian-Excited to see how this turns out but it's E3 showing this year didn't make me any more or less interested.

Just a heads up BY2K, while going through the pages I noticed quite a few spelling issues, like Spider-Man/Spiderman, Detroi(d), Day(s) Gone and all kinds of creative spellings for Resident Evil 7. Then the usual like shortening the sub title of South Park or leaving it out entirely for other games. I assume you use a parser for this and while you probably can't account for every variation so some ballots will have to be invalidated, some of those occur pretty often and might need treatment.

1. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild ; Perhaps the most prestigious franchise of all time looks to be getting another stellar, industry-shaking game. It looks like Zelda 1 brought into the modern age, and I couldn't be more thrilled.

2. South Park: The Fractured But Whole ; Loved Stick of Truth, and this looks like more, with an improved battle system. Really looking forward to it.

3. Nier Automata ; Hope the rest is as cool as that boss battle they showed, but still plenty to go.

4. Horizon: Zero Dawn ; Looks really rough in some areas and really good in others. Hope it all comes together in time.

5. Battlefield 1; I really, really hope this game is good. Really. I love Battlefield when it's good, but the series feels more uneven than ever.

I'm just gonna leave it at that. I really hope Deus Ex is good because I love that world, but it is starting to feel too shootery and it's just not grabbing me as much.

DKHF

1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. God of War
3. NieR: Automata
4. Gravity Rush 2
5. Kingdom Hearts 2.8
6. The Last Guardian
7. Spider-Man
8. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
9. Detroit: Become Human
10. Days Gone

Dupy