• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Best of E3 2017 Awards

Neiteio

#DontCryUbisoftMan

DCrUucVXkAEbNbJ.jpg

lmao at Metroid Prime 4 appearing on the list. That must be one sexy-ass logo.

In the voting thread it was clarified that there was no distinction given to what was actually shown at E3 so anything with content around the time of E3 could qualify. Knowing Prime 4 exists was enough for some people to put it on their list.

mas8705

Still can't get over how insane October will be between Mario Odyssey, Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein II.

Going to prioritize TEW2 (it comes out first) and then Odyssey.

And Metroid: Samus Returns is the month before!

And those are ones we have been able to confirm up to this point! Who knows how many more games are we'll get with proper release dates before we reach the end of the year!

Also we have Assassin's Creed Origin too on the 27th of October if you're into Assassin games.

Edit:
#DontCryUbisoftMan

DCrUucVXkAEbNbJ.jpg

I'm so glad for him for so many reasons. Honestly, if I was to make a top 5 reasons why I'm planning to get MarioxRabbids, he'd be 1 or 2. ^_^

WonderzL

Banned

Rest of the list seems fair enough. Surprised at how high Spidey placed considering the amount of whining and shitposting about QTEs there was. Just goes to show that the vocal minority on gaf is nothing but that I suppose.

a sequel that took 10 years to make? simple really

cyber_ninja

Forza at 39... and GT Sport is 9 spots below that, barely making it into the top 50. Are racing games dead, or just racing games like this?

GT franchise is in a big decline and GT Sport looks like a cat in a bag at the moment, it might deliver big time or fall flat on its face. As far as FM - it comes out every 2 years, therefore it barely excites anyone anymore; FM 7 looks good , but nothing mindblowing.
I wish that both of those games knocked it out of the park and made racing games big again, but i don't think it will happen :-(

zashga

This list is pretty good, on the grounds that every game I voted for is in the top 20. If not for Xenoblade 2 and BG&E2, my list would would all be top 10. Solid work GAF; still some room for improvement.

Neiteio

I love me some Metroid, but I'm not sure how I feel about MP4 making the list when it's just a logo at this point, ha.

I'm all about that Metroid: Samus Returns, though. That game looks PERFECT.

Mark1

So many games on this list which really deserve to be there. Mario is going to be amazing - and a lot here know that already.

To see Dragonball Fighter Z, Spider-Man, Mario + Rabbids and both Metroids in the top 20 is so heartwarming as a gamer.

Neiteio

After a PS4-heavy Q1 (REVII, Yakuza 0, Nioh, etc), I'm pretty much in Nintendo mode for the rest of 2017, with the exception of Evil Within 2 and probably Wolfenstein II. It started with Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and continues now.

ARMS just came out, then Splatoon 2 next month, Mario + Rabbids in August, Metroid: Samus Returns and Pokken DX in September, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Super Mario Odyssey in October, Fire Emblem Warriors this fall, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 this holiday, maybe Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon (we'll see)... LAWD.

But if I could play any three games right now, it'd be Odyssey, Samus Returns, and Evil Within 2.

After a PS4-heavy Q1 (REVII, Yakuza 0, Nioh, etc), I'm pretty much in Nintendo mode for the rest of 2017, with the exception of Evil Within 2 and probably Wolfenstein II. It started with Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and continues now.

ARMS just came out, then Splatoon 2 next month, Mario + Rabbids in August, Metroid: Samus Returns and Pokken DX in September, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Super Mario Odyssey in October, Fire Emblem Warriors this fall, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 this holiday, maybe Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon (we'll see)... LAWD.

But if I could play any three games right now, it'd be Odyssey, Samus Returns, and Evil Within 2.

lol you've pretty much laid out my entire 2017 as well. The only other things I'm looking forward to that aren't on your list are the Crash Bandicoot N' Sane Trilogy and Cuphead.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
The people that vote for Metroid Prime 4 are obviously not voting that the logo was the best E3 presentation or demonstration.

They are voting for what it represents: A new title in a series they love.

Neiteio

lol you've pretty much laid out my entire 2017 as well. The only other things I'm looking forward to that aren't on your list are the Crash Bandicoot N' Sane Trilogy and Cuphead.
I'm actually somewhat interested in Crash Trilogy. I didn't play Crash games as a kid, but I really enjoyed the Crash level that appeared as a cameo in a certain high-profile title last year. Made me curious to try the full games.

I'm actually somewhat interested in Crash Trilogy. I didn't play Crash games as a kid, but I really enjoyed the Crash level that appeared as a cameo in a certain high-profile title last year. Made me curious to try the full games.
Let me tell you if that made you interested of all things I say get the trilogy if you find the time.

My man.

If you enjoyed that, buy the Trilogy next week!!

I hate to say it, but that was one of my favorite parts of Uncharted 4.. :(

Eolz

Congrats Mario! And yeaaaaah Samus in the top 10!
Didn't expect #6 #2 #11 to be that high tbh.

edit: wow, I'm the only one that put Hunt Showdown in their top 10 lol.

ubiblu

Mario deserved the W, but Ubisoft Crying Man remains the single best moment of E3 for me. I fucking hate the rabbids with a passion, but somehow they've made a game that appeals to me on every other level.

KodaRuss

Pretty solid E3, looking forward to a lot right now and about half are 2017 and half are early 2018. Not sure when Anthem is coming but that could be amazing if Bioware nails it.

Cant wait for all of the Mario this year!

Fantastic top 10 ☺

Metroid Switch at number 13 makes absolutely no sense to me. How can so many people vote for what is essentially an image with a few letters.

phanphare

Banned
Fantastic top 10 ☺

Metroid Switch at number 13 makes absolutely no sense to me. How can so many people vote for what is essentially an image with a few letters.

I didn't vote for it because of that but Metroid Prime 3 came out 10 years ago

pretty easy to make sense of it

To the other 60 people who put DBFZ as their number one: y'all are good people. Top 5 this year really knocked it out of the park. Can't say I disagree with this list at all aside from the inclusion of Metroid Prome 4 with it being naught but a title screen tease but I get how excited people are just for the acknowledgement so it makes sense.

For what felt like such an underwhelming E3 as whole there sure were a lot of fantastic games shown. Kinda goes to show you how much not just the games shown but the overall presentation and flow of the presentations impact the general response.

@ Benny: any chance we can eat some quotes added for the top 5 or top 10 similar to other GAF votes threads? I know it'd require a bit more work so I'd be happy to help cull some for you if needed. I just think the quotes add some much needed context to the votes and it's always nice to highlight especially thoughtful or cogent comments for the developers to read should they check out the thread.

I didn't vote for it because of that but Metroid Prime 3 came out 10 years ago

pretty easy to make sense of it

That doesn't make any sense either.

You voted for something you have absolutely no idea of, it could be anything, it could be another Metroid: Other M.

That said, it's your prerogative.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
@ Benny: any chance we can eat some quotes added for the top 5 or top 10 similar to other GAF votes threads? I know it'd require a bit more work so I'd be happy to help cull some for you if needed. I just think the quotes add some much needed context to the votes and it's always nice to highlight especially thoughtful or cogent comments for the developers to read should they check out the thread.
If you send them to me I'll add them, I just don't have any more time to look for them myself nor add them today.

Top Bottom