• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: Kojima to leave Konami after MGSV, power struggle, communications embargo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LQX

Good. Start your own Kojima as it is obvious they did think as highly of you as everyone else. Publishers like EA, Sony and Microsoft will be lining up to throw him cash. Also now that he is not tied to MGS we can finally see something fresh and new from him.

NQHKSVE.gif

You are dead to me, Konami. What is going to happen to Silent Hills? Hopefully, Kojima can form his own company and make a spiritual successor to Snatcher/Policenauts.

Mista

Banned
This is the end of a beautiful amazing journey
Thank you Kojima and to all who worked on MGS
RIP MGS
Obviously after MGSV

Namikaze

Bye Konami. Outside of MG, you were irrelevant to me anyways. Sucks that MGS5 may be the last game in the series, but Kojima will be fine and maybe we'll get some cool new ips from him in the future.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I fucking knew a Silent Hill by Kojima was too good to be true.

Man, Konami is really full of fucking idiots then if they're letting Kojima go. Really idiots. End of an era.

I'm unsurprised by this. Those who control equity will always get greedier and greedier until they let their best assets go.

Konami is a shadow of its former self.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Seriously, I really want to know why it is Konami thinks any of their actions make sense. Are they really making that much money from non-video game sources at this point that they can afford to spit on fans and employees like this?

I always thought Konami would never live without Kojima, he's literally the face of the company and they depend on him more than anything.

Now we'll see what happens, I don't expect them to continue as is at the very least. I don't expect them to shut down, but certainly they lost their ace. Of course it also depends if Kojima will work with them still or if he's out for good.

Kojima though, is safe no matter what he does. He's a legend industry-wide. He'll never be without work and will still make great stuff. He ain't got nothing to worry about.

duckroll

I'm surprised we're actually getting some journalism work coming out of this story! No smoke without fire, etc. I wonder how many more Konami staff will leave by the end of this year. Oh wait, there's no one left! :p

Along with the restricted communications, key developers at the studio, such as Hideo Kojima, will now have limited opportunities to lend their appearance to promotions of the studio’s upcoming game, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.
Isn't that cutting off your nose to spite your face?

wiibomb

this is like... the ONLY actual franchise to give enough profits for Konami to still exists after abandoning Sillent Hill and Castlevania, how are they thinking they will exist???

Re: Silent Hills... the Fox Engine was under KojiPro which was a subsidiary of Konami so it still stays in-house and doesn't leave with Kojima or anything, right?

Yeah, Kojima's involvement with SH had me super excited for the franchise and it will be interesting to see how Konami does damage control and salvages the project if Kojima does in fact cut all ties with Konami post-MGSV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom