• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop.com Investigating Possible Breach

The first time I use gamestop.com in almost a year just to get a
switch bundle and this happens.

Nothing to note of yet, but man this will screw up my amiami preorders if I
have to get a new card.

WHY WAIT SO LATE TO TELL US GS...

The first time I use gamestop.com in almost a year just to get a
switch bundle and this happens.
Mine was for buying a Mega Man Pixel Pal for a friend of mine on the other side of the country.

I was a little surprised when I was sent a replacement card a month or two ago with a note that it may have been compromised. It's a card I almost never directly use...just for a couple of recurring online charges...but sure enough, that was the one I used at gamestop.com last year...

RPGCrazied

Don't store CC numbers on this site. And I haven't bought anything from here in ages thanks to finding Amazon. Should be fine.

I got a letter too. Probably from buying NES Classic Bundle off of their website. I generally don't give them my business. There hasn't been any communication from my bank about a new card though...

RedFury

Fucking shit. Haven't bought shit from them in years out of principle, bought my switch there like 3 weeks ago because they had stock. Went in store and made me buy it through them online. Yup I'm done with them for good.

TeegsD

I have definitely used Gamestop.com in that timeframe but I cant remember if I actually bought something or if I just reserved for pick-up in store.

BasilZero

I tried to buy something from GameStop but it would never let me order anything. Made two accounts and tried three browsers (2 on pc and 1 on mobile) - guess I dodged this...

LiK

Well, Kotaku just reported it. Probably explains why one of my CC companies immediately sent me a new card and killed the old one. If it weren't for the exclusive amiibos, I wouldn't have ordered from them.

Thoraxes

Hey all, I just had a fraud alert from my bank complete with transactions that they told me they blocked, so just an FYI this is totally real. I didn't lose any money, none of their transactions went through, and my bank is great, but I just wanted to mention that you should be proactive in monitoring this stuff. Old card is shredded and a new one on the way.

Top Bottom