• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop: Halo 5 digital sales are in line with other AAA game releases

ThaPhantom

I still dont get why some of you are saying H5 doesnt feel like Halo. Its the most Halo Halo game we have gotten since 3 and the only arena shooter on the market. How is Halo 5 not unique? And in the game sprint is extremely balanced in H5 (cant sprint while being shot and cant regen shield while sprinting), ADS is actually worse than just using your reticule, ground pound isnt game changing (its rarely useful), all the maps are extremely balanced, map packs will be free so the community doesnt get broken up, and REQ packs are fun and completely optional and are funding said map packs. The game is such a return to form on so many levels and is extremely well polished on the MP side. Yes BTB should have some non forge maps, there should be an unranked playlist, and the campaign did miss a few steps. H5 could definitely improve but the way the franchise is pointed is correct. Whether the market agrees or not is a different story. People want their loadout twitch shooters and that is what Halo isnt.

I'm still waiting for a detailed explanation on what makes a Halo game Halo. I've played all the games and beat most on Legendary and none of them "felt" like a "non Halo game".

ThaPhantom

I'm still waiting for a detailed explanation on what makes a Halo game Halo. I've played all the games and beat most on Legendary and none of them "felt" like a "non Halo game".

The campaigns are usually fine. Its the MP that people are usually referring to when they say a Halo game doesnt feel like Halo. Halo 4 for example with its introduction of sprint, loadouts, "care packages", and map design felt more like playing CoD with a slight hint of Halo. Halo is rooted in equal start arena play. Thats Halo. Not trying to be a loadout shooter like Bungie took elements of with Reach or 4 where it was full blown.

Caja 117

Its going to be whatever the one explaining will say about his favorite Halo.

The campaigns are usually fine. Its the MP that people are usually referring to when they say a Halo game doesnt feel like Halo. Halo 4 for example with its introduction of sprint, loadouts, "care packages", and map design felt more like playing CoD with a slight hint of Halo. Halo is rooted in equal start arena play. Thats Halo. Not trying to be a loadout shooter like Bungie took elements of with Reach or 4 where it was full blown.

Sprint was introduced in Halo Reach.

Dont take it too seriously man. You at least learned from (some of) your mistakes, thats more than i can say for a lot of gaf.
but everybody makes mistakes, you know? i don't think it's fair to really shun someone over it especially when they've manned up and admitted to their wrongdoing, which I do and still try to do in other circumstances.
It's okay. People using the 1% of China joke is not meant to be a slight against you. What matters most is that you learned from it.
Indeed.

Top Bottom