• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out only 1 was blacklisted. Other is good. Already went to a store and am getting a replacement shipped. Figure I'll give it a shot for 1 replacement. If that doesn't work I'll just go the Amazon credit route.

Word of advice, don't try your sim card in a black listed phone lol. It'll lock your verizon account.
when i get my phone, and it's not blacklisted, is using it just as easy as plugging in my Verizon sim card?

Not sure Lowes will do that. I have found if you buy things with gamestop gift cards, and retun them, they return them as cash. Buy a ps4 or whatever, dont open it and retun it a couple days ago. If you used a gift card and not store credit, they shoukd return it as cash. Might not hurt to chip in a couple of your own dollars to be safe.
i still can't figure out why you think this. you can't just turn gift cards into cash.

asdad123

when i get my phone, and it's not blacklisted, is using it just as easy as plugging in my Verizon sim card?

Yes. Just make sure you check on swappa first to make sure its not blacklisted. If you insert your sim into a blacklisted phone, you will have to call the Verizon fraud department to release your account.

Darknight

Those who were charged for shipping and/or tax on their Switch orders give Gamestop Customer Service a call once it arrives. They refunded me for both(about $60 in total).

I bought iPhones and got charged tax even though I paid with a Trade credit. Even here in NY as long as you pay with credit, there is no tax.

Does this fall the same for electronics such as phones?

wanders

Not sure Lowes will do that. I have found if you buy things with gamestop gift cards, and retun them, they return them as cash. Buy a ps4 or whatever, dont open it and retun it a couple days ago. If you used a gift card and not store credit, they shoukd return it as cash. Might not hurt to chip in a couple of your own dollars to be safe.

Wouldn't they just return it as the original payment? I'd just get gift card back then

FactoryofLies

Neo Member
So many people "churning" these video games for hundreds/few thousand dollars. I made around $400 of this deal but it's nothing compared to what you can do with credit cards. It requires a bit more effort, knowledge, and money but if anyone is interested in churning credit cards you can make lucrative amounts of money compares to this small apples stuff. I have earned over $20,000 of free flights and hotels via credit card signup bonuses between my wife and I. PM me if you are interested in more info.

Hero

So many people "churning" these video games for hundreds/few thousand dollars. I made around $400 of this deal but it's nothing compared to what you can do with credit cards. It requires a bit more effort, knowledge, and money but if anyone is interested in churning credit cards you can make lucrative amounts of money compares to this small apples stuff. I have earned over $20,000 of free flights and hotels via credit card signup bonuses between my wife and I. PM me if you are interested in more info.

Not everyone wants to open up that many lines of credit and open up their score to taking a hit, not to mention credit cards are really easy to get into real danger with if you fuck around with them.

FactoryofLies

Neo Member
Not everyone wants to open up that many lines of credit and open up their score to taking a hit, not to mention credit cards are really easy to get into real danger with if you fuck around with them.

My score has only taken a 20 point hit after opening up 11 cards in the past year and my wife opened up 10 and her score went up 30 points. As long as you pay in full each month, are careful and educate yourself on how to do it, the risk in minimal. It has netted me over $30,000 in flights/hotels. Just saying there seem to be a lot of hustlers in here who can make it work.

Kain3984

Neo Member
My score has only taken a 20 point hit after opening up 11 cards in the past year and my wife opened up 10 and her score went up 30 points. As long as you pay in full each month, are careful and educate yourself on how to do it, the risk in minimal. It has netted me over $30,000 in flights/hotels. Just saying there seem to be a lot of hustlers in here who can make it work.

I thought it was $20,000. You made another $10k since your last post?

Kaizer

Banned
Question for anyone who ordered a Switch Bundle: how do you receive the Zelda DLC?

My Switch arrived today & I've been enjoying it so far, BOTW's awesome, but I'm lost on how to get the DLC.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Worried about my iPhones now.
Will return them if there's any issue.

What happens to my points if I redeemed them already? Go negative?

yes. www.poweruprewards.com

wait, they might have changed it! maybe you can do $10 increments now?

EDIT yes, it works out to be the same amount of points, but at least you have to type in fewer codes. i remember the last time i did this, they took a while to show up so be prepared for that.

It's not the same amount of points.
You save points by using the $10 option. And that option was there when I looked a few days ago.

$10 for 11,500 = 1,190 points per dollar
$3 for 3,900 = 1,300 points per dollar

Getting 3 $10 codes will save you 4,500 points vs buying 10 $3 codes for example.

FactoryofLies

Neo Member
I thought it was $20,000. You made another $10k since your last post?

The $20,000 is for points already redeemed, I have plenty of points left and it varies how I can use those future points. Redeeming for international first and business class can make the points worth the most. For example: first class flights on ANA to Tokyo cost about $20,000 alone. It's fine if you don't believe me. I could redeem my points for over $80,000 if I wanted to fly first class everywhere. Just trying to be as realistic as possible.

Kaizer

Banned
https://www.gamestop.com/Profiles/OrderTrackingLogin.aspx?GLU=1

enter your email and the order # there and it'll be on the order info page

I did that and nothing showed up. In fact, the only thing that showed up were orders from 2015. I did the Bundle order in-person at GameStop, could it possibly be on my receipt?

EDIT: Nevermind, for some reason, on mobile, I couldn't view any of my recent orders. Just checked again on my laptop & sure enough the DLC code came up.

Velikost

What is this about? Why would tax be refunded?

I'm wondering this as well, lmao

Edit: Found the answer on CAG (scroll down the OP):

Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia

Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia

Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Texas changed this a few months ago, so it needs a slight update.

Traded my PS4 copy of Battlefield 1 since apparently it's coming to EA Access in the coming months. That plus a 5 dollar extra credit coupon that the GameStop employees always whip out in my store got me enough to buy Has-Been Heroes for the Switch and the rest went to my Samus Returns LE.

Ecto311

Texas changed this a few months ago, so it needs a slight update.

Is there a place to find this? I got an xbox one S in store last week and the chick told me it was taxed because colorado changed it recently. I have no idea how to even find that info.

Kaizer

Banned
Those who were charged for shipping and/or tax on their Switch orders give Gamestop Customer Service a call once it arrives. They refunded me for both(about $60 in total).

I'm in Georgia myself, got charged $27.99 for Sales Tax, nothing for Shipping. Looks like I might need to make a call tomorrow.

Those with Tax/shipping issues, was only the standard shipping free? I paid for two day but did get hit with sales tax. I'm living in VA.

wowzors

Used my $476 in trade in credit to purchase a $500 gift card online. Hopefully this means I can have one card instead of 4. Also maybe a possibility of changing the gift card to amazon or something.

Persona7

Banned
Used my $476 in trade in credit to purchase a $500 gift card online. Hopefully this means I can have one card instead of 4. Also maybe a possibility of changing the gift card to amazon or something.

Did it actually complete the transaction? The website is notorious for not working correctly when ordering gift cards.

wowzors

Did it actually complete the transaction? The website is notorious for not working correctly when ordering gift cards.

It gave me an error when I did exact amount so I bumped up $24 so that my credit card was charged the $24 and it went through got a confirmation email and all.

graywolf323

So despite what I had previously been told when I went to the store today after my bundle was delivered they would not let me return/exchange parts of the bundle >_< (specifically that piece of shit Nyko ‘power kit’)

it ended up going all the way up to the DM so I’m not sure what to do, try when I’m out of town this weekend at a GameStop there or what?

reKon

Banned

Good looking out. I'll give them a call tomorrow. The guy at the counter of GS where I ordered my Switch said that my order doesn't apply to the no tax thing, but I wasn't understanding why. The girl I talked to at the first GS where I did my first big trade explained the tax benefit of buying with the trade credit. Hopefully the other dude just messed up and get some money back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom