• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GBA shoot-em-ups

Are there any good ones? I have Gradius Galaxies and it's not bad. I'm on the third wave through the game and it's kicking my ass. SO many bullets...

Anyway, are there any other good shooters on the system? I've read reviews on Iridion and R-Type 3, not good. Iridion 2 was decently reviewed, but it is actually fun from a shooter-fan perspective?

Kudie

This is a bit OT, but looking at your avatar, it seems you enjoy Mario vs. DK. I've been playing that game lately and it is pretty good, but short. I like the puzzle/platforming mix in the game and the final boss is pretty fun.

Soul4ger said:
Every week, I swear. Iridion II is worth checking out, as is Phalanx.

really? every week a shooter topic for the GBA? huh.

Phalanx bored me on the SNES. EDIT: but I might get it again as I was younger at the time.

Iridion II can be had for >$10 shipped, so I think I'll try that.

I want Starfox 64-DS announcement.

Kudie said:
This is a bit OT, but looking at your avatar, it seems you enjoy Mario vs. DK. I've been playing that game lately and it is pretty good, but short. I like the puzzle/platforming mix in the game and the final boss is pretty fun.

yes, I am loving it right now. Stuck on a level, hence I've finally completed wave 2 of Gradius and am halfway through wave 3. :)

Jonnyram

After Gradius, Steel Empire and Twinbee (Famicom Mini) are pretty good.
There was a Darius released too, but I never bought it so I can't comment, but they're usually decent.

DCharlie

Banned
just as a note, there are a lot of homebrew games out there .

I have an old JPN homebrew Super Star Soldier game that (although early) REALLY looked and sounded awesome.

I'll do a search and see if anything has updated.

Top Bottom