• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GDC 2017 Zelda panel

Skeletos311

Zelda Maker
Physics
Chemistry
Rocks
Aonuma troll emails
Alien invasions
Epona replaced with motorcycle
Grunge rock Link with electric guitar

Awesome. Can't wait 'till Friday.

Call me crazy, but, do you guys think Breath of the Wild is setup in a way that they could make the same transition from GTA V to GTA Online? Would it be possible to make Breath of the Wild an online game where you can join other players to wreck the world?

Crazyorloco

Zelda Maker
Physics
Chemistry
Rocks
Aonuma troll emails
Alien invasions
Epona replaced with motorcycle
Grunge rock Link with electric guitar

Awesome. Can't wait 'till Friday.

Indeed. I feel like I was in a class (that I enjoy). Learned some good stuff. Great insight on what they did. I enjoyed this all.

Call me crazy, but, do you guys think Breath of the Wild is setup in a way that they could make the same transition from GTA V to GTA Online? Would it be possible to make Breath of the Wild an online game where you can join other players to wreck the world?

I don't think that's far-fetched at all. Especially since the world is so huge. I imagine they're thinking about this.

spock

I was thinking about this at least in relation to using the engine for an MMO.

Definitely an interesting panel and it was cool to get some more insight into how they developed Breath of the Wild besides what's already been said. Some of those things discussed are kinda weird and interesting (Hyrule Wars, Legend of Zelda: Invasion) along with the email slide about porting the game to Switch. The prototype was really cool as well.

Maxinas

With performance problems? No. I can just imagine the connection problems and sub 15 fps gameplay.

morromocotudo

Neo Member
C527XIOU0AAY8Ku.jpg:orig

Source: https://twitter.com/Robot_Circus/status/837031143526420480

C526oXaU0AAczT2.jpg:orig

Source: https://twitter.com/AlfheimWanderer/status/837030316812316672

Nintendo: Hey, whats that design doc you got there?
Designer: Oh, it's a Metroid. I was thinking of new ideas for a new Met..
Nintendo: What's a Metroid? I think we should put it in Zelda.
Designer: But fans have been wanting a traditional Metroid for awhile now.
Nintendo: I still don't know what Metroid is, but use it in Zelda.

Cindro

Aiming to "stir the soul" is a really beautiful goal for a piece of art with this magnitude. I simply adore how BotW is an expression of passion, beauty, and creativity. Those ideals are among the few facets of existence that are truly priceless and incorruptible. Nintendo had their priorities straight every step of the way here, and I'm thrilled it seems to be paying off so well.

The world would be a much better place if every human strived to stir the souls of others, even if it's just through living a life of kindness and generosity. Hopefully this game inspires individuals to focus on bringing joy to those in their lives, the way BotW will bring joy to people by the millions.

It's a fascinating video so far, and I always enjoy seeing these sorts of talks/presentations beyond the usual interview fare on IGN etc...but scrolling down the comments was a poor idea. Apparently "the West" don't have to break a sweat developing games and Nintendo are the only good developers in the world : /

Top Bottom