• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley: Scorpio rumored to cost $499 (he's right, flawless victory)

big fake

It's going to be $599.

giphy.gif

this thread was lacking arrested development gifs

Wildo09

Ok now I believe Geoff, he seems very sincere. Too bad for MS, that price is way too much for the average consumer. If PS4 Pro's ratio is 20% I imagine Scorpio's will be way lower.

$499 is what he heard

Is it officially announced? No. Ergo, its a rumor that he is confident that will turn out correct.
That only makes his statement more idiotic. Not sure what you are trying to prove. He had no reason to sound so confided and yet he didn't think twice :)

Majukun

Sony didn't turn the PS3 around with a 500$ console upgrade.
the post said even at 399

and also the concept was more general, the gen is not a sprint, is a marathon, games are not yet closed, but sure if the Scorpio is that pricey they are not taking the right steps at all.

I expect it'll sell as many units this year at 499 that it would at 399.

Price drops can come later.

if it doesnt gain momentum in minds of audience it doesnt even matter how much it did profit in 499$ it will be doa.
just like when coming from mighty 360 , its younger brother turned itself into ashes.

microsoft is trying to gain mindholding not money at this moment (with xbox brand) but 499 aint gonna help

Majukun

As far as market share goes, I am struggling to see where the resurgence will come from - Not Europe, Not Japan. The American Market may not be enough.
those 360 customers didn't die overnight.
of course they need to do a lot to turn the tide, but so did Sony when they were down against the 360

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Geoff isn't playing any secret PR game for Microsoft here. He's confident.

I gotta sleep. Try not to hurt yourself when this all goes down.

Seriously though, I mean it

Your paying for premium. This was never propositioned as the console to surpass the Xbox One in sales.
No. People are mad because the Xbox brand has cultivated a strong following for more than a decade and has been doing nothing but fucking over its fans over the last 4 years. It's insanity.

I'm doing ok fam. I don't about you.

Top Bottom