• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI: Disney Infinity 3.0 (Avalanche/Ninja Theory/Sumo/Gobo/United Front, Star Wars)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That looks really good. Shades of Mario Galaxy with some of that on-foot in space stuff, hopefully people can create stuff a quarter as good as Mario Galaxy in the Toy Box.
Yup I got the Mario Galaxy vibe too.

Some notable things from the John Vignocchi interview, it's a nice conversation:
- He says you can drive one of their new Disney cruise ships in the game. Does this mean we'll get expanded water environment usage (and perhaps Ariel, etc.?) or is it one of those things that they'll turn into a plane?
- Says they couldn't get a Frozen play set out in time because it was just being finalized as development was proceeding. A lot of the conversation is just discussing how they know what future properties/movies/TV/etc. to put their chips on or what figures to do (they brought up Iron Fist for example with the upcoming TV show coincidence)
- Vignocchi still pushing for a Darkwing Duck figure lol

- He says you can drive one of their new Disney cruise ships in the game. Does this mean we'll get expanded water environment usage (and perhaps Ariel, etc.?) or is it one of those things that they'll turn into a plane?

Huh. Underwater could make some sense, given that they're doing space combat, which is similar. But the Disney Infinity 3.0 characters leaked a little while ago didn't have Ariel or any underwater characters that I can remember, so underwater probably isn't likely for 3.0.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Last friday's Toy Box TV Live. Watching now.

Huh. Underwater could make some sense, given that they're doing space combat, which is similar. But the Disney Infinity 3.0 characters leaked a little while ago didn't have Ariel or any underwater characters that I can remember, so underwater probably isn't likely for 3.0.
The characters that leaked aren't the only ones we'll be getting. I think everything that leaked ended up in the official reveal, and the guys still says there are more characters AND playsets to come, with over 100 figures in the franchise total by the end of 3.0. There's about 61 figures thus far in 2.0, going by the wiki. That leaves 39 figures for 3.0. Crunching some numbers

- 5 Twilight of the Republic characters (Ahsoka, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Darth Maul)
- 5 Rise Against The Empire characters (Luke, Leia, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Chewbacca)
- 5 Inside Out characters (Joy, Sadness, Fear, Anger, Disgust)
- 6 Disney Originals we know of thus far (Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Olaf, Mulan, Sam, Quorra)
- 2 probable silhouetted characters (B-1 Battle Droid, Stormtrooper)
- 4 probable Age of Ultron playset characters (Hulkbuster confirmed, probably Ultron, probably The Twins)

That leaves at least 12 more characters we haven't seen yet, I think. I think the chances of seeing Ariel are slim though, because nailing down underwater gameplay simultaneously with all the new Star Wars stuff is probably not going to happen. Still, 12 more characters is exciting in itself.

---

Also if someone wants to help me get the 4 player Toy Box trophy on PS4, let me know :D (I have a spare controller)

That leaves 39 figures for 3.0. Crunching some numbers

- 5 Twilight of the Republic characters (Ahsoka, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Darth Maul)
- 5 Rise Against The Empire characters (Luke, Leia, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Chewbacca)
- 5 Inside Out characters (Joy, Sadness, Fear, Anger, Disgust)
- 6 Disney Originals we know of thus far (Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Olaf, Mulan, Sam, Quorra)
- 2 probable silhouetted characters (B-1 Battle Droid, Stormtrooper)
- 4 probable Age of Ultron playset characters (Hulkbuster confirmed, probably Ultron, probably The Twins)

That leaves at least 12 more characters we haven't seen yet, I think.

Ariel would have been grouped with the Disney Originals, though, and since she wasn't, I think it's safe to assume she won't be in it.

Your list has 12 Star Wars characters. Given that there were 21 Marvel figures for their 2.0, I'd think Star Wars will have roughly the same amount for the Star Wars-themed 3.0, so maybe another 8, bringing the Star Wars total to 20. That leaves 4 more spots, and I'd bet we won't see only the 4 new Marvel characters you have speculated for 3.0, so those spots probably go to Marvel.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ariel would have been grouped with the Disney Originals, though, and since she wasn't, I think it's safe to assume she won't be in it.

Your list has 12 Star Wars characters. Given that there were 21 Marvel figures for their 2.0, I'd think Star Wars will have roughly the same amount for the Star Wars-themed 3.0, so maybe another 8, bringing the Star Wars total to 20. That leaves 4 more spots, and I'd bet we won't see only the 4 new Marvel characters you have speculated for 3.0, so those spots probably go to Marvel.
Well, if you're going off of the back of the box Originals leak for 3.0, in the case of 2.0 the lineup left out characters like Jasmine. Just because it hasn't been announced it doesn't mean it's not coming, but again, underwater might be something to save for 4.0 (they could do The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo).

We have to remember that more playsets are coming as well, which means at least 2 more characters per playset. Someone asked about a potential Star Wars Rebels play set in the latest Toy Box TV live and they kind of played it off. Since they keep talking about a *complete* Star Wars experience, I can see Rebels getting it's own playset, even though I don't really see anything exciting character-wise thus far. One of those could be an Originals playset.

You are forgetting at least five characters for The Force Awakens playset.

And Vision should be part of The Avengers playset.

I think The Originals part is already revelead. Underwater should be part of version 4. Isn't Finding Dory out Next year?

And I did not get the Iron First part. The 2.0 figure is based on the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon, not the netflix upcoming show which should like the Daredevil one, dark and violent, very away from their target audience.

And Darkwing Duck? Cool, but I would like Ducktales first. Isn't a reboot coming too?

They'll likely have underwater stuff in whatever game Finding Dory ends up being in.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Animating Star Wars in Disney Infinity 3.0. Yoda :3

You are forgetting at least five characters for The Force Awakens playset.
Ooh, right. I hope Captain Phasma gets her own figure.

captain_phasma_by_eddieholly-d8r6qbp.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New video: The Fall and Rise of Licensed Games. Really interesting video on why licensed games have had trouble over the years and insight from a developer's perspective. Perhaps thread worthy in itself.

Some more stock footage in there of Leia racing around, the Falcon's hangar, etc. Other little tidbits include that they expect Star Wars is the last major IP family they expect to add into Infinity, and the game will probably stabilize and maybe take different form from 4.0 onwards, though they tentatively only have a 5 year plan for Infinity.

Other little tidbits include that they expect Star Wars is the last major IP family they expect to add into Infinity, and the game will probably stabilize and maybe take different form from 4.0 onwards, though they tentatively only have a 5 year plan for Infinity.

Until Disney buys Hasbro to get the Transformers, G.I. Joe, and My Little Pony IPs...

Don't burst my bubble!

Top Bottom