• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombs Dota 2 Beta TNT Livestream [4PM PDT, Midnight GMT]

Gowans

sDiNIw1.png
mOGcvH3.png

jbrkIWGtSbnrg9.png

(Credit to Ken)

When:

Where to Watch it:

Second Stream
http://www.twitch.tv/gbjg

Whats a TNT?

A Giant Bombs Thursday Night Throwdown's are where they play a game or games with the community and live stream. (Archive viewing is available to members only)

Whats a Dota 2?

Dota 2 is a multiplayer online battle arena video game developed by Valve Corporation and the stand-alone sequel to the Defense of the Ancients mod for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its expansion pack, The Frozen Throne.

Dota 2 consists of session-based online multiplayer activity, with the primary objective of each match being for teams to destroy their opposing team's fortified stronghold. Each player controls a player character called a "hero", who is given the responsibility of participating in team combat, which generally takes place along a series of lanes that connect their opposing bases, lined with defensive towers.

The Players

So far we have:

Brad Shoemaker - Giant Bomb @bradshoemaker
X1VT9bf.png

Greg Kasavin - Supergiant Games @Kasavin
GogJnw6.png

Brad Muir - Double Fine @MrMooEar
URVVp2p.png

Get Dota 2 Beta Here:

How to Play in the TNT

---------------------- ITS OVER --------------------

HQ Video
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/thursday-night-throwdown-04-11-13-commentary-feed/2300-7245/

Bonus:

Brad, Jeff, Vinny, Patrick & Drew play a game together in Unprofessional Fridays Starts at 1:38
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unprofessional-fridays-04-12-2013/2300-7253/

TommyT

So for someone who isn't into anything GB related, what is a Thursday Night Throwdown and what does it entail?

Patryn

This will end up super disappointing.

The people who hate DOTA will hate it because it's DOTA.

The people who like DOTA will hate it because a.)Brad is playing wrong in some fashion and b.)They're not taking the game seriously enough.

The rage from the DOTA community will especially be glorious if Ryan's on the stream, because he will spend the entire time shitting on the game.

The people who like DOTA will hate it because a.)Brad is playing wrong in some fashion and b.)They're not taking the game seriously enough.

The rage from the DOTA community will especially be glorious if Ryan's on the stream, because he will spend the entire time shitting on the game.

That only sounds disappointing if you're expecting the wrong thing.

Gowans

Don't forget to change the count down clock in the op to adjust for the correct time.
Thanks Done

I think the guys watching this will not give them a hard time, or maybe Im a too chilled Dota player.

Really looking forward to hearing Greg and Brad M talk about Dota 2 in a design sense. The game shouldn't really work when you describe it.

That all sounds amazing. TNTs were no one is happy are the best!

Gowans

From the podcast sounds like Brad S is gona go Centaur Warrunner.

I'm guessing they will play private games, picking people from the Giant Bomb dota channel. I just hope nobody drops and they get atleast a couple of games in.

Wonder if they do a quick look for the site while they are at it.

Would be cool if we can find the game numbers to watch in client also.

Anyone gona try to get in and play?

jediyoshi

Are vods usually available afterwards? On twitch, youtube, their site?

On their site for premium members, otherwise TNTs specifically are available on their twitch archives, just have to rummage around for it.

It's only a subscriber feature on the site because then it's in hd and you're using their bandwidth instead of twitch's.

I imagine it's more to do with them being able to justify signing up for premium in the first place.

la_briola

From the podcast sounds like Brad S is gona go Centaur Warrunner.

I'm guessing they will play private games, picking people from the Giant Bomb dota channel. I just hope nobody drops and they get atleast a couple of games in.

Wonder if they do a quick look for the site while they are at it.

Would be cool if we can find the game numbers to watch in client also.

Anyone gona try to get in and play?

Looks like he plays Tidehunter now.

jediyoshi

I thought they had a second twitch account for subscriber content so that didn't happen. Guess not.

Depends, even for premium stuff, unless they've just been slipping lately as far as professional friday streams. They just remove it from the archives afterwards.

Gowans

I wonder how the will play the community if they are watching the stream it would be brutal for them.

Maybe they'll have to play pubs filling the spaces with community members or no community at all.

I'd prefer that than watching them get stomped and ganked every second by people watching at playing.

Patryn

I wonder how the will play the community if they are watching the stream it would be brutal for them.

Maybe they'll have to play pubs filling the spaces with community members or no community at all.

I'd prefer that than watching them get stomped and ganked every second by people watching at playing.

They're used to the community being able to cheat by watching the stream. It's the nature of the beast.

Back when they tried to do Day Z, a guy used the stream to hunt down and repeatedly kill them, and then bragged about doing it.

Gowans

They're used to the community being able to cheat by watching the stream. It's the nature of the beast.

Back when they tried to do Day Z, a guy used the stream to hunt down and repeatedly kill them, and then bragged about doing it.
It would be terrible tho, of they wanted to be bastards they could really drag it out. If they don't have a 5min delay ability then they should just pub it up.

Top Bottom