• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 3 announced

koutoru

Vita is definitely not happening. This game seems to be running the same engine as Code Vein and UE4 doesn't support the Vita natively.

Namco Bandai would have to create a custom version of UE4 that builds to Vita if they wanted to support it. At this point, a Switch port is far more likely than a custom engine port for the Vita.

KillLaCam

Banned
Looks like super asset reuse or its atleast using designs that didnt make it into code vein. I'll probably just try code vein

Vena

Something with this and CVein, something in the art, makes everything looks weirdly sterile and plastic.

I sort of liked the first game

But the entire thing was way to repetitive and easy. Haven't played GE2 because I heard it was basically the same.

Shengar

The only begging we will see is the begging for bigger sales when this bomba comes out next year.

Hahahahah.

Is MHW thread not enough to satiate your needs for shitposting? Just because you used sales numbers that does mean you are any better from juvenile platform warriors in that regard.

Jesus Christ. Why does Aquamarine and ZhugeEx have to be banned while this PoS still around?

If God Eater 3 combines the Blood Arts system of 2 with Ressurection's Predator Style system, that alone would be a pretty cool evolution in the series' gameplay.

I am also tooking forward to the very first God Eater game that isn't built primarily for PSP hardware. That alone should mean larger environments and such.

Environments and monster designs. Also I hope they fix with the animation of various monsters and the character themselves.

DJIzana

Is it just me or do none of these MH knockoffs do well? Like how many God Eaters or Toudiekens do we really need?

I really agree but you know... I'd play God Eater for consoles after Mon Hun. Only other "clone" (if you even want to call it that) that deserves the Mon Hun treatment, is PSO.

I don't understand why you'd want this game to fail? I'm not interested in GE3 at all, but it doesn't help me if they do poorly.

Who said I want it to fail?

I'm simply reading the market from what we have right now. Hunting games perform better on handheld systems. It is what it is, not my fault.

Making GE3 pretty much a PS4 exclusive (in Japan) is definitely going to cut its sales short.

PSV God Eater: Resurrection 114.994 178.277 Bandai Namco 29/10/2015
PS4 God Eater: Resurrection 28.487 47.171 Bandai Namco 29/10/2015

PSV God Eater 2: Rage Burst 221.076 366.628 Bandai Namco 19/02/2015
PS4 God Eater 2: Rage Burst 31.823 55.460 Bandai Namco 19/02/2015

Look how poor was the PS4 adoption.

PSV God Eater 2 258.826 425.352 Bandai Namco 14/11/2013
PSP God Eater 2 119.620 206.388 Bandai Namco 14/11/2013

And then you have the last original mainline God Eater selling over 600k between PSP and PSV, two handheld systems. Good luck to GE3 PS4 outselling that, or even the PSV version.

PS4 Dark Souls III 218.764 397.487 From Software 24/03/2016

400k was the ceiling for Dark Souls on PS4, don't expect GE3 to perform anywhere close to that.

Now of course, this is my opinion, you are free to have yours. :)

WarRock

I don't get people saying this looks like Code Vein; CV always looked like a less colorful God Eater. GE is already 7 years old.

If God Eater 3 combines the Blood Arts system of 2 with Ressurection's Predator Style system, that alone would be a pretty cool evolution in the series' gameplay.

I am also tooking forward to the very first God Eater game that isn't built primarily for PSP hardware. That alone should mean larger environments and such.
That would be pretty cool indeed (and probably a mess balance wise!), but I do suspect they'll start from the scratch with the mechanics. Something akin to the Blood Arts will exist to keep the combat flashy and different from the other franchises though.

Who said I want it to fail?

I'm simply reading the market from what we have right now. Hunting games perform better on handheld systems. It is what it is, not my fault.

Making GE3 pretty much a PS4 exclusive (in Japan) is definitely going to cut its sales short.

PSV God Eater: Resurrection 114.994 178.277 Bandai Namco 29/10/2015
PS4 God Eater: Resurrection 28.487 47.171 Bandai Namco 29/10/2015

PSV God Eater 2: Rage Burst 221.076 366.628 Bandai Namco 19/02/2015
PS4 God Eater 2: Rage Burst 31.823 55.460 Bandai Namco 19/02/2015

Look how poor was the PS4 adoption.

PSV God Eater 2 258.826 425.352 Bandai Namco 14/11/2013
PSP God Eater 2 119.620 206.388 Bandai Namco 14/11/2013

And then you have the last original mainline God Eater selling over 600k between PSP and PSV, two handheld systems. Good luck to GE3 PS4 outselling that, or even the PSV version.

PS4 Dark Souls III 218.764 397.487 From Software 24/03/2016

400k was the ceiling for Dark Souls on PS4, don't expect GE3 to perform anywhere close to that.

Now of course, this is my opinion, you are free to have yours. :)
Sorry Sammy, but you need to cut this shit out. I understand your upset about this whole thing but to want it to fail by hiding behind sales numbers is showing to all of us who you really are. Knock it off pl see. If Switch doesn’t get God Eater 3 so be it, NBE made that choice.

LAA

Still need to beat GE:R and GE2...
If GE3 isn't coming to Vita, at least hope it comes to Switch.

Ridley327

Pooya

Looks great to me. I still need to finish 1 and 2 on PS4 first though! Haha

I was hoping they'd announce a new season of the show though. I quite enjoyed it.

don't, they're honestly awful as a console game with how little content they have and their grindy nature. There is not that much continuity or meaningful story anyway. This 3rd entry seems like it's going to be different and made for consoles this time instead of PSP... yeah PSP. both games are made for PSP first, designed for on the go coop. You watched the anime, you know enough about the story.

don't, they're honestly awful as a console game with how little content they have and their grindy nature. There is not that much continuity or meaningful story anyway. This 3rd entry seems like it's going to be different and made for consoles this time instead of PSP... yeah PSP. both games are made for PSP first, designed for on the go coop. You watched the anime, you know enough about the story.

Well I already bought them and they're a fun break from other stuff I'm playing. I might skip to GE2RB once I hit my first difficulty spike in the first.

You're right though, it seems like this will be better suited for home consoles. I just hope it's not *too* online focused. I mainly play games solo.

sublimit

Banned
Trailer 2
Gameplay part-1

Gameplay part-2

An “Early Hands-On and Joint Development Summit” for God Eater 3 will be held at Bandai Namco Mirai Kenkyuaho from April 28 to 30. The official website will be updated with information on how to apply soon.

Bandai Namco also debuted the second trailer and over 18 minutes of gameplay of God Eater 3. The trailer introduces a new character named Yugo Pennywort (voiced by Tomokazu Seki), who grew up and became an “Adaptive God Eater” (AGE) with the protagonist at a young age. The gameplay highlights the sequel’s new “Engage” battle system.
https://gematsu.com/2018/03/god-eater-3-released-ps4-pc-second-trailer-first-gameplay

Yagami_Sama

And I was hoping that this would be released for Switch too. I am not sure if people who like Monster Hunter World will like this game, but maybe they will target this audience.

Top Bottom