• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Collector's Edition listed by German retailer Spielegrotte (1/15/18)

Shin-Ra

Forgot how nice the new HUD design looks, getting rid of the dated opaque Blades.

GoWps4HUD.gif

Don't get fooled. I don't think this is authentic at all. How could they get such details? The "Helwalkers" thing sounds weird since nothing was revealed about such enemy in GOW. We will see how true this will be after E3. Also Januray 2018? Really? Doesn't sound right to me. GOW trend was always March.

FelipeMGM

yeah, the date itself doesnt mean much, it could be placeholder

But the fact they are putting up a CE with a price and all these details about the CE content makes me believe that date reveal might coming soon

Awesome, probably won't get the Collectors edition myself, I stopped buying these expensive editions a long time ago now but will probably pick up the stand alone steel book special edition that normally comes out when there is a collectors edition steel book version.

Cannot wait to see more of this game at E3.

LordofPwn

if the date was a tuesday or friday in march i would 100% believe it. it could be that they ship it on a monday, but most likely it's a placeholder date. the collector's edition details seem real though. I expect we'll get more details in a couple weeks.

Price is probably a place holder. The Bloodborne Nightmare edition also had a price holder price with 180€. It was 50€ cheapier in the end. It's common thing for Spielegrotte.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Don't get fooled. I don't think this is authentic at all. How could they get such details? The "Helwalkers" thing sounds weird since nothing was revealed about such enemy in GOW. We will see how true this will be after E3. Also Januray 2018? Really? Doesn't sound right to me. GOW trend was always March.

Come on man, you're smarter than that....

Sn4ke_911

Why only one retailer then? Normally many would do it if true, I don't know this sounds strange to me.

because it leaked... stuff leaks, it happens all the time, it was not planned to be revealed yet.

because it leaked... stuff leaks, it happens all the time, it was not planned to be revealed yet.

If this is true then why not? A more advanced release date is always welcome. But I don't remember any major AAA title and especially exclusive games releasing in January before.
And you know such games are prone to delays.
Anyway. The GOW3 CE box was the most epic in any CE of any game: that Pandora's box was insane. I wonder how GOW4 box will be.

Sn4ke_911

If this is true then why not? A more advanced release date is always welcome. But I don't remember any major AAA title and especially exclusive games releasing in January before.
And you know such games are prone to delays.

I'm not sure i understand the question, are you asking why it was not planned to be revealed yet? also about the release date, i don't know if this is the real one but what the CE includes sounds very likely, it's too detailed and specific. This doesn't come from some random 4chan or reddit post, when a retailer posts information like that you can bet it's true.

I think we'll get a window at E3 and a firm date at PSX.

Yeah this sounds more likely.

I'm not sure i understand the question, are you asking why it was not planned to be revealed yet? also about the release date, i don't know if this is the real one but what the CE includes sounds very likely, it's too detailed and specific. This doesn't come from some random 4chan or reddit post, when a retailer posts information like that you can bet it's true.

I hope we get an official confirmation for that soon. The content seems very rich and tempting.
I hope the box follows and will look epic too.

Sn4ke_911

I'm so excited for this game, the main reason is this man:

Cory Barlog
GoW-E3Feature-01b-600x338.jpg

He made the best God of War game yet (GoW 2), this new GoW game is destined to be a masterpiece.

Edit: Also I highly recommend checking out God of War 2's making of, this man works like a machine.

Edit2: Argh, the CE doesn't list a making of for the game... i really hope we get one, the GoW 2 one was fantastic.

Rizific

the only other ps exclusive that im waiting on. dont give a damn about any CE, but i want more info on the game!

He made the best God of War game yet (GoW 2), this new GoW game is destined to be a masterpiece.

He made the longest and hardest GOW ever with most bosses: almost 13, and almost all enemies are bosses. I hope he continues this with GOW4. This is kinda confirmed if the troll is just a regular enemy, sth you could consider a boss in other games.

It's probably going to be open world ish a la Tomb Raider Reboot.

Open setting with multiple paths yeah, but not entirely open world.

Cory Barlog

Edit: Also I highly recommend checking out God of War 2's making of, this man works like a machine.

Edit2: Argh, the CE doesn't list a making of for the game... i really hope we get one, the GoW 2 one was fantastic.

GoW 2 is one of the greatest games ever made. I was ecstatic when I found out he was going to be working on this game.

Cory Barlog
GoW-E3Feature-01b-600x338.jpg

I am sure they will have making of stuff up on Youtube just like they did with Horizon.

Sn4ke_911

DKHF

yeah, the date itself doesnt mean much, it could be placeholder

But the fact they are putting up a CE with a price and all these details about the CE content makes me believe that date reveal might coming soon
I'm guessing trailer with the date a week before E3 like they did with Horizon last year. But if it's leaking this far out maybe next week... Leaning more towards pre-E3 week though.

True Fire

January seems risky. It's a bit of a black hole after the holidays, and It's usually obscure JRPG season.

This is more of a March or April game I think.

Top Bottom