• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War is almost done shooting (mocap)

Floody

Still think GOW will release in March 2018, Sony doesnt like Holiday release.

I don't think that it's that they don't like them, they just know it's not the be-all-end-all when it comes to sales, unlike a lot of other publishers. They can also just bundle their early year games and push them in the holidays, which helps. So wouldn't be shocked either way really, Sony aren't afraid to delay a game if they think it needs it.

I really hope that when SSM inevitably show the game at E3 17 they don't blow their load.
I'm still kinda salty that Naughty Dog showed the insane car chase sequence last year when that would've worked way better as a surprise.

GoW spectacle should never be spoiled but SSM have a good track record with that.

Well for one, nobody has any idea what its Pro features are.

And two, Pro's an enthusiast machine. A custom GoW base PS4 would be much more financially viable for a wider market.

If the Pro price hasn't subsided by GoW release then I agree with you.
GoW is a super main stream PS franchise so a PS Slim bundle makes more sense.

OléGunner;226222088 said:
If the Pro price hasn't subsided by GoW release then I agree with you.
GoW is a super main stream PS franchise so a PS Slim bundle makes more sense.

How would PS4 Pro's price play a factor?

Especially if base PS4 would always be cheaper anyway?

How would PS4 Pro's price play a factor?

Especially if base PS4 would always be cheaper anyway?

If GoW is out in 2018 then PS Pro might be 300 bucks and it might be a nice enthusiast bundle to have and be at an attractive price point to rope in a few casuals.

But yeah I'm sure nearly all 1st party bundles in the future will be for a Slim.

The majority of GOW games were released in March and I don't know why this trend would change now. Keep in mind the shooting isn't 100% finished yet and there is a PS4 PRO version to take into consideration. The date will be obvious (unless it gets delayed for whatever reasons).

I would really want to see a themed GOW PS4 PRO but we didn't see any themed PS4 Slim or PS4 PRO ones yet even for newest COD. Even FFXV themed PS4 was for the regular one which is discontinued by now.

How long after mo cap was done did uc4 release ? Can give us a rough estimate ?

Almost 13 months but you can't compare the development time between both games since they are different games made by different studios and multiple delays after the announced release date may happen like FFXV, The Last Guardian and Horizon: Zero Dawn and even Uncharted 4.

DKHF

I'm with all the people saying March 2018 still. I would like to be wrong but I don't think it will be out until then, continuing the GoW March tradition.

Almost 13 months but you can't compare the development time between both games since they are different games made by different studios and multiple delays after the announced release date may happen like FFXV, The Last Guardian and Horizon: Zero Dawn and even Uncharted 4.

Still feel like March 2018 is a safe guess since most God of War's release around then. Sony's 3rd party marketing line up for fall next year is crazy (I'm assuming a few of them). Destiny 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, Battlefront 2 and Call of Duty will all be massive sellers. I'm not expecting much from their first party, although I think either Days Gone or Spider-Man will release then.

I'm with all the people saying March 2018 still. I would like to be wrong but I don't think it will be out until then, continuing the GoW March tradition.

Still feel like March 2018 is a safe guess since most God of War's release around then. Sony's 3rd party marketing line up for fall next year is crazy (I'm assuming a few of them). Destiny 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, Battlefront 2 and Call of Duty will all be massive sellers. I'm not expecting much from their first party, although I think either Days Gone or Spider-Man will release then.

That is the most logical date. I don't think that a December 2017 or January 2018 date is plausible.

Javin98

Banned
You people thinking a franchise's release frame will always remain are a bit ridiculous, I think. If we were to apply that logic, Uncharted 4 would have been released in November 2015. Now, I'm not saying GOW can't possibly be a March 2018 title, but if it was, it wouldn't be just to stick to series tradition.

I don't think tradition really matters. If there's a good window, product is ready and the game can make earlier than later of course they'll want to release it in 2017 instead of 2018.

You people thinking a franchise's release frame will always remain are a bit ridiculous, I think. If we were to apply that logic, Uncharted 4 would have been released in November 2015. Now, I'm not saying GOW can't possibly be a March 2018 title, but if it was, it wouldn't be just to stick to series tradition.

A december 2017 or a January 2018 date isn't plausible anyway.

I don't think tradition really matters. If there's a good window, product is ready and the game can make earlier than later of course they'll want to release it in 2017 instead of 2018.

Like I said before, keep in mind that the shooting isn't finished 100% yet to start with and there is a PS4 PRO version to develop alongside the main one to be ready to launch simultaneously without forgtetting tha the great amount of work this game needs to fulfill the needs of a qualified reboot in a sequel considering that GOW gales generally are the last exclusive series to tackle and debut on each new generation of Playstation.

Tradition was already broken anyway, with Ghost of Sparta PSP launching late 2010.

Jan-March is just a good window for SP action games (Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, Darksiders, etc.)

I wouldn't be surprised if Uncharted's original scheduled release date was November 2015 and they delayed it internally before they ever announced it.

DKHF

I don't think it will come out in March just for the sake of continuing the tradition. The main reasons are March has worked very well for the series (all four home console titles have released then), Sony tends to release most of its major AAA exclusives early in the year this generation and releasing in March would give them some breathing room from focusing a huge amount of their marketing efforts on their partnerships with CoD: Advanced Warfare 2, Destiny 2, Red Dead Redemption 2 and (assuming their partnership continues) Battlefront 2 in the fall period. It could come out in February or April or something of course, not necessarily March but I expect it will be in that time frame.

BosSin

I don't think it's newsworthy that a game has finished mocap. Compared to films this is only a small part of making the game, they could have shit loads more to do before the game is finished.

Dabi

Still a 2018 title... don't think they'd toss this in with RDR2, Destiny 2, COD etc. at the tail end of 2017.

AndyVirus

Spiderman, Days Gone, God of War and Detroit: Become Human - two of those have to be 2017 titles if not more.

None being at PSX makes me question all of them; I honestly think only Detroit hits 2017. Sony are pretty stacked for exclusives in the first half of the year, and the holiday period they'll cover with 3rd party deals again (since there could be 4 big ones). The summer-early fall gap in between they can cover with Gran Turismo/Dreams if it lives/Crash/Detroit.

None being at PSX makes me question all of them; I honestly think only Detroit hits 2017. Sony are pretty stacked for exclusives in the first half of the year, and the holiday period they'll cover with 3rd party deals again (since there could be 4 big ones). The summer-early fall gap in between they can cover with Gran Turismo/Dreams if it lives/Crash/Detroit.

No way they were going to show Days Gone at PSX with The Last of Us Part 2's reveal. I think Detroit: Become Human and either Days Gone or Spider-Man will come out in 2017.

StereoVsn

No way they were going to show Days Gone at PSX with The Last of Us Part 2's reveal. I think Detroit: Become Human and either Days Gone or Spider-Man will come out in 2017.
If GoW finished mocap shooting it's likely to be 2017 game. It could then release between Sep and Nov helping Sony.l a bit against Scorpio launch.

Top Bottom