• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Pixel Phone info round up thread of Made By Google on October 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecX

Why did Google make this thing look like an iPhone? I loved and enjoyed the Nexus style across the different brands, but this literally looks like a knock off iPhone. Did Google get a huge discount using Apple's mold or something? Definitely turned off by this phone already, but looking forward to what smart home options they have to share.

So, what we've seen so far:

- Hardware design ripped off from iPhone
- White dock bar ripped off from iOS
- Consistent icon shape ripped off from iOS
- "Quick launcher" or whatever, list of options that pop up when tapping/holding an app icon, ripped off from iOS

I know people will respond with the "everyone steals from everyone" meme, but..no. Sometimes it's just so obvious where the general themes are being inspired from.

Thing I hate Bout all my N6s is the charging port is always screwy. I think my M7 might have had the same issue, always had to hold the charger in a certain position to charge, and eventually since you're bending the inside it won't charge at all. Maybe it's all androids?

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Is there going to be on OT, or is this thread where the convo will live?

EDIT: nevermind.

HawkeyeIC

Thing I hate Bout all my N6s is the charging port is always screwy. I think my M7 might have had the same issue, always had to hold the charger in a certain position to charge, and eventually since you're bending the inside it won't charge at all. Maybe it's all androids?

New android phones use USB C. Shouldn't be an issue.

My N6 has 100% started doing this over the past few months. It makes me furious. I'm hoping the new USB-C connections can prevent it.

So, what we've seen so far:

- Hardware design ripped off from iPhone
- White dock bar ripped off from iOS
- Consistent icon shape ripped off from iOS
- "Quick launcher" or whatever, list of options that pop up when tapping/holding an app icon, ripped off from iOS

I know people will respond with the "everyone steals from everyone" meme, but..no. Sometimes it's just so obvious where the general themes are being inspired from.
Oh noes Consistent icon shapes! That's literally design 101.

Brinbe

In for that 4K Chromecast and that's about it. The phone looks butt ugly like a direct iPhone rip and none of that software sounds (personally) enticing at all. I really do not give a shit about the google assistant shit and the rest I have no care/use for. Pretty disappointing offerings from Google when compared to their Nexus 4/5 days.

Feel like we've kinda hit a wall of sorts when it comes to real phone innovation and no one's stepped up to offer anything that would entice me away from my G4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom