• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Dibbz

They sure do love their driftoooo

iBrbsICg3LiWZ.gif

iY8FD8IuDhfqn.gif

Polyphony

Booted the game up for the first time since building my new PC. Even after playing all the glorious pc sims, I still love this game.

Threw down a quick and dirty panorama:

13edebc60515708b03f91fb4d81528319618699b.jpg

I'm talking about the driving part.

Are you talking about the drifting?

Polyphony

Jumping over the curb like that, while going sideways, doesn't sound like an easy feat to me.

Oh ok, yeah I had to look twice at that one too... the curb didn't seem very high to me at that area. Maybe he hit a small patch of dirt that sent the car flying.

brentech

Replaced my hard drive and didn't want to backup. Re downloading all the updates at once is no joke. 17 of them, lol.

Quite the process.

It's downloading update 12, so at least it's past all the really big ones.
Still have to get it booted up and install the whole game to drive and then the DLC as well.

Happy with this drive though. It's great seeing 876gb free

Not really, there's a 1GB one after that :p

Stoffinator

I just bought the Logitech Driving Force wheel and for some reason the X button (and other PS buttons) won't work in the menus of GT5. I even try and use my controller and the only thing that works is the PS button on the steering wheel. I have to bring the XMB up and than when I exit it, it takes me into the menu I am on. So it ends up acting like the X button.

Any idea whats going on?

Dibbz

Try reassigning your controller to 2 and it your wheel to 1 by holding down the PS button and going to reassign controller. Sometimes this happens to me in F1 2011 but GT5 has always been really good for me when I plug my wheel in after I've booted the game up.

Stoffinator

Try reassigning your controller to 2 and it your wheel to 1 by holding down the PS button and going to reassign controller. Sometimes this happens to me in F1 2011 but GT5 has always been really good for me when I plug my wheel in after I've booted the game up.

Thanks. I tried everything and it wouldn't work so took it back and got another one. So far so good.

I can't accept my second prize from GT Academy from some reason.

A few days ago it would give me an error, now it just freezes for 2 seconds and then nothing happens. The mail with the gift is still there but I can't accept it :/

Grim1ock

Banned
hello everyone. newbie here and a massive gt fan. glad to join you guys at last. being a lurker aint that easy!

i have a question. Is the new motegi track worth buying?

hello everyone. newbie here and a massive gt fan. glad to join you guys at last. being a lurker aint that easy!

i have a question. Is the new motegi track worth buying?

5€ is a bit too steep for me. I still haven't bought it. Waiting for a possible PS+ discount.

It's a great track, but 5€ for just one track (that wasn't even completely done from scratch) when we paid 4€ for 2 (completely new ones) before doesn't make any sense to me.

brentech

Yep, same here. Have stayed patient with it. I have enough to play right now with all the PS+ games that I didn't have prior. Also bought a Vita early last month and have a crap load to play on there as well.

Really loving it so far.

So I can sit back and wait for a discount. Right now I've been cruising through Shift 2: Unleashed.
Interesting to see how they do their track designs. Way lesser quality, but everything able to fall apart on impact is nice. Same with cars actually flipping and rolling if you push too hard. Decent, but first arcade driver I've played in over a year and a half I think.

EekTheKat

Started In my 4 hour nurburgring
on an hmz-t1
and roughly 30 minutes later I can't feel my eyes lol. i managed to do 4 laps before I had to put it into suspend for a break.

Guess I'm not as young as I use to be, my absolute limit seems to be the 2 hour races. Those 24 hour races are starting to look daunting.

I'm driving a stock XJR-9 on race hards though, and that thing has been an absolute treat to drive. Yeah I know it's not a great average lap time especially with an xjr-9, but I've never been that great of a driver to begin with. That and I'm trying for as many clean laps as possible.

dubc35

I put an hour into the Tsukuba 4 hour enduro and paused it. I was watching TV with my wife and heard the ps3 turn off. Auto turn off fail. :( I haven't tried again since.

gokieks

I'm trying to decide if I want to do the new Seasonal Events with the GT Academy cars, because it would mean I will no longer have a pure (0 miles, 0 switches, stock) version of those cars. And one of my goals in GT5 is to have a pure version of every car in the game.

Decisions decisions...

The smartphone racing game, simply entitled 'Gran Turismo', has been developed by a relatively unknown studio called Sailfish Games. In just twenty-four hours it has been downloaded to more than 100,000 devices through the Google Play Store.

Sailfish's game has no official association with Sony's Gran Turismo series, nor its principal developer Polyphony Digital. However, the mobile title apes the series' logo and makes no mention of being an unofficial title.

screenshot_286919_thukver3.jpg

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...mo-app-amasses-100000-downloads-on-first-day/

amar212

First Gran Turismo game I have ever seliberately deinstalled from some device :)

I hear sound of Sony legal dpt. approaching to those guys, toghether with guys from Lamborghini, Ferarri and Bugatti.

Amazing car selection screens BTW, mesmerizing combo of pixelart and cropped photos from the internet.

hey guys, i got the XL editions months ago but never redeemed the DLC voucher code... if anyone is interested im selling it for 9 on paypal. PM me

Voucher good for over $20 worth of DLC content, including the Racing Car Pack, Car Pack 2, Course Pack, Racing Gear Pack, and Paint Pack

Top Bottom