• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Yiazmat

Amazing July.

July will be great.

gT83EWF.gif

Pophead

Let's hope that August will be good.

July (for me at least) was okay, VGTs were a hoot to drive but knowing that Zahara is in the files and we can't play it (at least, at the time of writing) was such a tease.

Seanspeed

Banned
You have some issues?
Well I think its that you've kinda set yourself up as a sort of insider and so when you make comments like that, people obviously are going to think that you're aware of something they aren't. You knew this was happening yet made no effort to play down your intentions with those comments, leading people on.

Then nothing happens.

What do you expect people's reaction to be?

amar212

I am not responsible for subjetcive system of values.

It was amazing July.

So I am bit annoyed when someone projects his subjective system of values in order to play smart or - as this occasion - direct his comment as a personal act of clowness.

I am not resposible for his subjectivness. So I presume he hava some issues. I politely asked him about that.

I do not like when people are playing smart on my account. Especially like this. And especially when there is no ground for his stupid comment (or gif).

Do not personally and subjectively liking - or caring - about content and featured delivered during July is one thing, but trying to downplay it with playing smart.. hm. He has to have some issues, there is no other explanation.

Yiazmat

Well, you are the "insider" and all we can do is take your word on what you say. So when you say that there are amazing or unprecedented things coming, you're also projecting your subjectiveness, as we cannot know what exactly is amazing to you.

And actually, there's ground for my comment. You've done this before, got called out for it and promised not to do it again.

Well, the nacional broadcast within next 24 hours will be.. insenae.

Solid will probably make a thread, but everyone should be happy and we will have a beautiful discussion where tears will be made of joy, respect and honor.

also, amar, next time please curb your enthusiasm. Its great that you give us some "insider" info, but dont build false hype.

No problem, I will never do it again. Thank you for your kind words. It was really known all around and totally a false hype. Sorry.

Not that I'm mad or wanting you to stop with the insider stuff, I was just hoping that after all the times this happened you would've learned how to choose your words more carefully so you don't build false hype, like niks said. :D

lawndart

Neo Member
It's not Amar, GT 6 fell well below most people's expectations and the hype... And with each update there is almost Zelitios hope that one of the updates will be a real game changer.... The long history with the good physics, focus on authenticity, and lack of more current or better driving games keeps us hanging on a bit longer...

But insider info is what we need, and if Amar is excited then great! It's what drives him to keep posting, but if what he is excited about isn't exciting to you or me, then that's not Amar's problem, that's ours.

Let's not let our own disappointment in the product curb the only avenue we have to pre release info, that disappointment started on December 6th 2013... Not with Amar.

Seanspeed

Banned
It's not Amar, GT 6 fell well below most people's expectations and the hype... And with each update there is almost Zelitios hope that one of the updates will be a real game changer
That's kinda what it makes it worse. He knows we're all fairly disappointed with the progress, then he gets people hyped that something 'amazing' is coming, jack shit happens and then he's gonna get annoyed and tell somebody they have issues just because they pointed this out? That's not very cool on both accounts.

Like it or not amar, but acting as an insider does come with a bit of responsibility.

Pophead

granturismo6_28cday6.png

it'shappening.gif

Will Polyphony show up at Gamescom or will Sony just slip in the Spec II announcement / Dec release date, DLC plans, etc. in their conference?

Sierra is premium content, there's no other reason to hold it back.

Better hope they show up.

If they show Zahara off or if they are participating, maybe we won't get the update until the end of the month.

Pophead

Why is PD screwing with us with the brand new *30MB* update which fixes some bugs, when they could be releasing Zahara, or is this for later in the month?

Anyone?

Ted

It's now 100 days since I've been able to race with my shuffle buddies...

ONE HUNDRED FUCKING DAYS.

Screw you paid content in a retail game, SCREW YOU.

Tempted to send Kazanori 100 tweets to commiserate...

てめー、何してんのよ! シャッフル?

sCHOCOLATE

It's now 100 days since I've been able to race with my shuffle buddies...

ONE HUNDRED FUCKING DAYS.

Screw you paid content in a retail game, SCREW YOU.

Tempted to send Kazanori 100 tweets to commiserate...

てめー、何してんのよ! シャッフル?
I wouldn't lead with "てめ", but heck, who wants to live forever, right? lol

Ted

I thought "てめー、何してんのよ!" was essentially a very impolite way of saying "hey [insert anti-honorific of your choice - maybe wanker for example], what are you doing!".

My written language skills are awful generally however and my Japanese even worse!

But politeness be damned anyway when it comes to bullshit like closing servers when your subsequent games are feature limited in comparison.

Don't want to off-topic the OT too much with my own personal salt though. : )

Niks

Heres a better translation...

What will be the most important and distinctive feature of Gran Turismo 7?

(Laughs) I cannot answer yet, we are planning big updates for GT6 to be released 6 moths after you probably hope it will. GT7, of course, is a title faithful to the spirit of the series, so of course, it will take a long time to be made... 2017 at the earliest.

Watevaman

Just golded the S license today. Jeez, what a terrible combo for the last test. I was essentially cutting corners and I only managed a 2:12.5.

conman

Just golded the S license today. Jeez, what a terrible combo for the last test. I was essentially cutting corners and I only managed a 2:12.5.
IIRC that final test was the only reasonably challenging license test in the entire game. About as difficult as the hardest silver-level license in any prior GT. They need to add another license tier.

Watevaman

IIRC that final test was the only reasonably challenging license test in the entire game. About as difficult as the hardest silver-level license in any prior GT. They need to add another license tier.

The Aventador posed a bit of a challenge for me too, and I don't think I would've gotten gold with the DS3. I would've been fine with the last test if it wasn't for the Veyron, just ruined it for me.

But something big is coming, first we have the Special Sierra mode with the first sampling of Course Maker, then we have Spec II in December along with the PS4 version.

Mobius 1

I was wondering today if the PS4 didn't catch Polyphony by surprise and screwed up their planned roadmap. Surprised, as in it's so much easier to develop on the PS4 that GT7 would be considerably faster to develop and some of the planned GT6 features will be just ported over.

It would make financial sense, instead of releasing more features to a shrinking audience. DriveClub and other racing titles will be out soon, further encroaching on the GT player numbers.

Don't beat me up too much.

dubc35

I was wondering today if the PS4 didn't catch Polyphony by surprise and screwed up their planned roadmap. Surprised, as in it's so much easier to develop on the PS4 that GT7 would be considerably faster to develop and some of the planned GT6 features will be just ported over.

It would make financial sense, instead of releasing more features to a shrinking audience. DriveClub and other racing titles will be out soon, further encroaching on the GT player numbers.

Reading your post I was thinking it might be a good time to sunset the franchise. Based on PD's iterative dev process it could be 15 years before some features we keep asking about get implemented.

Side thought, PD operating as an independent developer would be an interesting experiment.

paskowitz

Kaz is a board member of Sony Computer Entertainment, so I highly doubt he was caught by surprise.

My biggest problem is that this is PlayStation's #1 franchise by sales and yet PD is this way. While it is deeply frustrating and perhaps fundamentally flawed, we have no choice but to accept that this as the way PD works and continue to shout from the internet rooftops.

Top Bottom