• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gray Zone Warfare will release into Early Access tomorrow APRIL 30th, 2024!

TVexperto

Graphics look insane

GMVasrMWgAAQs4B

not sure about the different packages for an early acces title though

ss_146ea04bd2cfe6eb485e62d5a6a4a3c379bc412b.1920x1080.jpg

If its the same build and content that the streamers played i'll pass for now. Optimization is not great, barely any loot and the AI is bad
Agreed.

Graphics looked great but didn't look like much of a game there, yet anyhow

Pricing

Here are the Gray Zone Warfare versions:

• Standard Edition($35)
    • 10×25 Locker, 2×2 Secure Lockbox, Standard Edition Equipment, $10,000 In-Game Currency
  • Tactical Edition ($57)
    • 10×35 Locker, 2×2 Secure Lockbox, Standard and Tactical Equipment, $15,000 In-Game Currency
  • Elite Edition ($79)
    • 10×45 Locker, 3×2 Secure Lockbox, Standard – Elite Equipment, $20,000 In-Game Currency
  • Supporter Edition ($99)
    • 10×60 Locker, 3×3 Secure Lockbox, Standard – Supporter Equipment, $25,000 In-Game Currency, Exclusive Clothing, Special Name Colour, Unique Badge

Last edited:
I really don't like the way they've structured the different editions, it's bad in retail versions of games, let alone bloody early access. Having more locker space and additional bits and pieces just doesn't sit right with me in an early access game.

Definitely going to avoid this one until at least full release.

Luipadre

I really don't like the way they've structured the different editions, it's bad in retail versions of games, let alone bloody early access. Having more locker space and additional bits and pieces just doesn't sit right with me in an early access game.

Game is really barebones and they only gonna do major patches every 6! months. This will be in EA for years

Game is really barebones and they only gonna do major patches every 6! months. This will be in EA for years
Yeah I figured this would be the case. Unless games like this release with a reasonable amount of content, they usually die off pretty fast. Not going to fall for that again.

Didn't know it is THIS kind of a game ... too bad, looks dope but these tiers make me nope out.
Actual pricing according to Insider Gaming

https://insider-gaming.com/gray-zone-warfare-prices-bundles/

• Standard Edition($35)
    • 10×25 Locker, 2×2 Secure Lockbox, Standard Edition Equipment, $10,000 In-Game Currency
  • Tactical Edition ($57)
    • 10×35 Locker, 2×2 Secure Lockbox, Standard and Tactical Equipment, $15,000 In-Game Currency
  • Elite Edition ($79)
    • 10×45 Locker, 3×2 Secure Lockbox, Standard – Elite Equipment, $20,000 In-Game Currency
    • 10×60 Locker, 3×3 Secure Lockbox, Standard – Supporter Equipment, $25,000 In-Game Currency, Exclusive Clothing, Special Name Colour, Unique Badge

Actual pricing according to Insider Gaming

https://insider-gaming.com/gray-zone-warfare-prices-bundles/

• Standard Edition($35)
  • Tactical Edition ($57)
  • Elite Edition ($79)
£30 for the basics tier with barely any content? Nope, I'm out.

Jinzo Prime

Agreed.

Graphics looked great but didn't look like much of a game there, yet anyhow

Pricing

• Standard Edition($35)
  • Tactical Edition ($57)
  • Elite Edition ($79)
They had such an easy lay-up after the Tarkov mess, but they go and do this? Pay for advantage in an online game kinda sucks; I really hope you can upgrade the locker just by playing.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Whenever I watch gameplay of this game it's always of the player running towards some distant destination with 0 PvP threats and 0 PvE threats going on. Huge map with no enemies the game.

Bry0

Looks too unfinished. I have my eye on it, but this probably needs at least another year to cook.

Klik

Stupid question,but is this something like Dayz without zombies? I really like that kind of play(where you can lose all your equipment)

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member

Agreed. Instantly off-putting. I'll just wait a few months and see how it goes.

SJRB

Gold Member
Booted it up and walked around basecamp for a bit to get a feeling of performance, servers seem to struggle in my region but they're holding up. Game has DLSS support, thank god.

There's pretty much zero instructions on how things work, your best bet is to watch some Twitch streams to find out the basics of traversal and stuff.

Holammer

Looks like a botched launch, 33% mostly negative on Steam right now.
Various bugs, login issues but mostly performance problems.

Denton

43000 concurrents on steam right now. Reviews are low, but clearly there is a huge demand for a game like this.

Sounds like it looks great but runs like shit on every gpu out there.

edit-

Ended up buying it. Haven't really played it yet but I'm getting 120-130 fps on high preset with dlss in the base camp which is much better than I expected. Using a 4070 ti with a ryzen 7600 at 1440p. Some of the things I was reading made it sound like you need frame gen on for 70+ fps.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Played for about an hour, game is good. Big plus is the NPC's don't insta head-eye you like in Tarkov, it seems like a fair fight. They are with WAY more than scavs though, it's pretty wild how many enemies run around.

That said, performance is abysmal. I think it's serverside because when I tested earlier today it seemed to run just fine, but now it has the typical hitching and rubberbanding which makes it impossible to play without a huge risk of getting killed before you even realize what is going on.

Giving it a rest for now, but the game is pretty neat!

Not sure how calling in helicopters works though, I had to run all the way back to base because everytime I got the message I was too close to the LZ even when I was halfway across the map.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'll keep an eye out but the prices are a little bit much for an early access of a game that isn't guaranteed. But once things come up it will be glad to join if it looks like it's coming along.

salva

Had my eye on this for a while now, super keen.
Might wait a bit longer before grabbing it though to flesh it out

SJRB

Gold Member
Did another run, performance was way better now. No hitches, no rubberbanding. Getting 120+ fps on a 4070 with DLSS and frame generation.

Tried a few tasks but my dumbass forgot to take the second transponder so I had to get back to base just to pick it up.

There's something very cool about going through a village with rando teammates. You stumble upon a shootout and you just help because you're on the same team and you go your own way afterwards.

Also very cool to rally at an LZ with random teammates who are also extracting, riding that chopper back to base knowing we all did our own thing. Setting is also great and an excellent change of pace compared to the drab urbanism of Tarkov.

I do have some "concerns" about the loot game. There's literally nothing cool to be found in the village, so after a couple of runs what is even the point? But it's early access so I guess it'll come.

Last edited:
That's sad. Even after they spend so much money on getting twitch streamers to play this... poor guys.

I highly doubt they had to spend much if anything - actually have any grayzone streams been sponsored? Big Tarkov streamers were chomping at the bit to play this. They need to incase it blows up and they are left behind.

I don't think some of you understand how big and untapped the extraction shooter market it is.

Last edited:

Denton

Reviews have clawed up to 54% for now, with 67K concurrent peak at the moment. Considering the absence of traditional marketing, this is likely to be quite a successful game. Made by 80 people team in Brno. I was so glad when they announced their next game would be PC focused and they were abandoning mobile, finally (the team is made of OG PC veterans from games like Vietcong and Hidden and Dangerous). I suspect they are happy too about this switch.

Last edited:

KaiserBecks

I do have some "concerns" about the loot game. There's literally nothing cool to be found in the village, so after a couple of runs what is even the point? But it's early access so I guess it'll come.

Besides doing missions there's definitely some nice loot there: I found a building with two weapon crates that had some nice stuff. Also let's not forget that this is the early part of the wipe. Right now, every faction is pretty much only checking
out locations near their base. If you look at the map you can see other towns, an airfield etc etc. It has a lot of potential. However it's missing Tarkovs "economy", but I didn't expect something like that to be in the game this early.

Edit: Right now it reminds me a lot of the old Terrorist Hunt mode from Rainbow Six, in a Ghost Recon setting. I honestly didn't expect it to be this fun yet.

Last edited:

Denton

Lmao part of the negative reviews are dumb russians salty that Madfinger sends money they get from RU and Belarus players to Ukrainian aid.

Last edited:

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Ill check it out this weekend for sure, but for anyone thats playing what is the AI like?

I watched some streams a couple weeks ago during the streamer weekend... and it looked a little bit lame. Like enemies standing around while you headshot their buddy standing right next to them and they dont even react. But not sure if that was just an exception and its fine or what.

Also I know the game is still super early so Im giving it the benefit of the doubt theyll improve it, im rooting for it this game looks fun.

Last edited:

RhyDin

Is there a fix for the stuttering or rubber banding? I have 32 gigs of ram, an i7-14700k and a 3070. I put everything on low with dlss on performance, limited fps to 60 and I'm still jerky.

Is there a fix for the stuttering or rubber banding? I have 32 gigs of ram, an i7-14700k and a 3070. I put everything on low with dlss on performance, limited fps to 60 and I'm still jerky.
Change to FSR from dlss….dlss doesnt work right now. I have basically the same setup as you and om getting 70-80 fos now with some dips mostly when im on heli. But the game runs so much smoother today.

I have everything on low with textures on medium and foliage on medium and it still looks amazing.

This game has its issues but at the same time so fucking amazing.
This game in a nutshell right now….the proximity chat is amazing but you have to push Z for push to talk and cant button map it and there is a glitch that doesnt show you that z is push to talk.

So half the people dont know there is push to talk…..but its amazing when you figure it out.

There are alot of people in this game that absolutely love it.
If they do the hideout right…i think its going to take over alot of games.

themonk

Neo Member
I wish devs in the tactical shooter genre would make a 8v8, big map, 10 minute rds, no respawn game with multiple game modes. Give us Bomb, hostage, bomb in the middle both sides try to plant, and secure.

Stop the pve crap…

Last edited:
Gross, I was interested but if they going the tarkov route then I'm out.

Just do cosmetics or some shit if you need mtxs
I dont think this is going the tarkov route.

I think that extra shit doesnt even matter that much except the bigger lock box would be nice.

Not sure if you can get that in game though.

Change to FSR from dlss….dlss doesnt work right now. I have basically the same setup as you and om getting 70-80 fos now with some dips mostly when im on heli. But the game runs so much smoother today.

I have everything on low with textures on medium and foliage on medium and it still looks amazing.
What resolution are you on? Im contemplating on buying this game, but Im afraid my rig will also have issues.

Most games I play, I can play on Ultra settings with DLSS set at Quality at a system resolution of 1440P.
Is this game that heavy?

I have:

Core i9 10900K
Asus 4070 Super
32GB Vengeance Ram

StueyDuck

I dont think this is going the tarkov route.

I think that extra shit doesnt even matter that much except the bigger lock box would be nice.

Not sure if you can get that in game though.
i haven't played it so i really can't say for sure.

i just hope it isn't like that, because it does look promising.

What resolution are you on? Im contemplating on buying this game, but Im afraid my rig will also have issues.

Most games I play, I can play on Ultra settings with DLSS set at Quality at a system resolution of 1440P.
Is this game that heavy?

I have:

Core i9 10900K
Asus 4070 Super
32GB Vengeance Ram
1440p and it will run good but there are still times it will hitch.

SJRB

Gold Member
Only 4 helicopters available to everyone at all times is becoming a huge problem now people travel further away from base camp and it is taking ages for a chopper to become available again. I'm just standing here with my dick in my hand while people travel all the way across the map and there's no transport left.

They also need to find a way to see the helicopter's destination. It is ridiculous to see people call in a chopper, hop in by themselves, seeing the chopper go to Bravo 1 and the next person doing the same thing. There's no reason not to ride together but you don't know where the helicopter is headed when it lands so no one is jumping on someone else's chopper.

Tomeru

Is this game that heavy?

I have:

Core i9 10900K
Asus 4070 Super
32GB Vengeance Ram
I really dont get why so many people with good pcs play on low. I'm constantly above 80 (mostly low 100s) with a mixture of epic/high, fsr on quality and native aa. 1440p.

13700k 6900xt. With frame gen on its buttery smooth.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I really dont get why so many people with good pcs play on low. I'm constantly above 80 (mostly low 100s) with a mixture of epic/high, fsr on quality and native aa. 1440p.

13700k 6900xt. With frame gen on its buttery smooth.

I've seen a lot of streamers play on low. Plus the server performance is trash but it might seem like a local machine performance problem to many which is why they scale down.

And truth be told the difference between low and epic really isn't all that big. Game needs a TON of optimization.

Last edited:
Top Bottom