• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gray Zone Warfare will release into Early Access tomorrow APRIL 30th, 2024!

Rossco EZ

i found out the reason i was getting game crashes on helicopter rides, seems fsr2 and the amd frame gen was the issue. after changing to dlss performance setting i havent crashed in over 6-8 hours of play time. sucks because now im only getting 60-80fps instead of the 100-120 using fsr but i guess its better than crashing all the time. really need a better gpu for this game though my 3060ti isnt cutting it.

my specs for anyone wondering 5800x3D, 3060ti, 32gb 3600 cl16 ram all settings on low dlss performance 60-80fps.

Last edited:
I really dont get why so many people with good pcs play on low. I'm constantly above 80 (mostly low 100s) with a mixture of epic/high, fsr on quality and native aa. 1440p.

13700k 6900xt. With frame gen on its buttery smooth.
I got a 3070 and so does he…..should be no different than your 6900 xt…………

hlm666

Upscaling/reconstruction in this game is not great, 1080p or lower base for fsr the foilage (and there is alot of it) is pretty fucked. Dlss works better on the foilage but corrugated iron fences have that banding/moire shit and chain link fences kind of look like control before they fixed that blurring/smearing over the fans. Havn't tried xess, it's starting to get frustrating that lately it seems devs care just as little about their reconstruction quality as they do about their games performance.

SJRB

Gold Member
Here's an excellent interactive map with all the objectives marked so you don't have to run around like an asshole looking for some dead body in a hidden alley somewhere anymore.

Also does anyone know what the deal is with the Gunny quest Medical Detective? The description says I should find a key on someone I killed but is this generated randomly? I've killed 20+ people and no one has this key and it's starting to piss me off.

Rossco EZ

Here's an excellent interactive map with all the objectives marked so you don't have to run around like an asshole looking for some dead body in a hidden alley somewhere anymore.

Also does anyone know what the deal is with the Gunny quest Medical Detective? The description says I should find a key on someone I killed but is this generated randomly? I've killed 20+ people and no one has this key and it's starting to piss me off.
if you dont get the key by tomorrow feel free to add me and ill unlock the room

Rossco EZ

The latest hotfix has stopped pretty much all of the rubber banding that was happening. Seems a lot smoother as well now, for me at least

SJRB

Gold Member
Game is starting to wear thin at the moment, honestly. There's a TON of potential but there are some crazy annoying things going on:

• Solo is insanely difficult. Clearing Nam Thaven was cool when the whole server was clearing the town, but now that most players have moved on and I have to solo the entire town it is ridiculously hard. There's like 100 enemies in this town, if not more. I had to retreat back to base two times because I ran out of ammo and gear. I legit don't know how to finish the task to kill the leader on my own;
  • Quest drops are shit. I'm 50 kills later and the key for Medical Detective still hasn't spawned on any of the enemies. This sucks;
  • Communication is a problem. No one uses voice chat. The game needs text chat, not even kidding. Imagine just posting a message saying "yo I need help with Medical Detective" or "who can help me clear Nam Thaven", would make things so much easier;
  • The choppers are a disaster at this point. Only four available choppers and not knowing where choppers are headed makes playing the game needlessly frustrating;
  • Loot. There's nothing. Yeah you can loot enemies and the occasional chest, but other than that there's nothing;
  • Performance is kinda whack, especially when using zoom scopes like the ACOG. The game can't handle this at this point but I'm sure this will get fixed in the future.

Last edited:
Top Bottom