• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

As a solo-only player is it worth it to buy the Buzzard for CEO missions? 1.75 mil is a lot of money for something I don't really want per se.
Yes. The Buzzard is one of the fastest point-to-point vehicles in the game; the only vehicles which are faster tend to be nowhere near as agile, or require a larger landing area (making them much clunkier to use). The Buzzard can land pretty much anywhere. On top of that, the Buzzard can carry four people, has homing rockets, and you can spawn it instantly next to you as CEO. It's invaluable.

When doing crates all I use is the Buzzard.

snacknuts

we all knew her
As a solo-only player is it worth it to buy the Buzzard for CEO missions? 1.75 mil is a lot of money for something I don't really want per se.

Already answered, but absolutely. The Buzzard and the armored Kuruma are going to be the most important vehicles for any organization.

Wolfe

Speaking of which it always cracks me up that the only other "FREE" ceo request vehicle is a BeejayXL.

Who the hell orders that thing? I never have once, although I've accidently ordered the damn turret limo for 20k twice now -_-

Speaking of which it always cracks me up that the only other "FREE" ceo request vehicle is a BeejayXL.

Who the hell orders that thing?
Poor people lol. If you don't own the Buzzard then it's a good off-road vehicle you can spawn instantly if your mechanic requests are on cooldown.

You can also get the Patriot and Washington for free. The latter is a pretty good stealth vehicle if you're off the radar I guess.

Personally I've never really used those ones though, for me it's always Buzzard or (rarely) Turreted Limo, or occasionally the Stretch for messing around with my buddies, since those are all free for me.

Striker

Thanks for everyones feedback re: Buzzard! I'll pick one up tonight. That supercar will have to wait...
If you're on a budget, grab the Zentorno. It's around 725K. The Entity is another really quick one though a hair slower. I bought the Tempesta and somebody said it was the Jester Racecar for the Super class and I gotta agree. It is not one of the fastest ones in my view but it does lots of things really well. Only $1.3M base cost.

Mastah

But if you want to use your supercar only in free roam, to get quickly from point A to point B, then I would choose one with stable handling. Zentorno has quite loose rear end (which I greatly enjoy!), so I would pick between Cheetah, Entity, Infernus or Turismo if money is tight.

KdotIX

...the hands on time in terms of sourcing supplies is a lot more frequent than I was expecting (they seem to burn through supplies nearly as fast as I source them!), which means the 'set and forget' aspect I was hoping for is not really true...but the missions around it have been a lot of fun, so it was definitely worth it from that perspective :)

Have you purchased the upgrades for your business? That ensures that less supplies are used to convert to product and also ensures that your product is worth more. I always find that the Coke business ticks over really slowly.

But if you want to use your supercar only in free roam, to get quickly from point A to point B, then I would choose one with stable handling. Zentorno has quite loose rear end (which I greatly enjoy!), so I would pick between Cheetah, Entity, Infernus or Turismo if money is tight.

The Tempesta is really stable under pretty much every condition. Its quicker than the Zentorno and is really good under braking. I think it's the 3rd fastest supercar according to Broughy's tests? behind that Le-mans looking car (forgot the name) and the X-80 Proto

Have you purchased the upgrades for your business? That ensures that less supplies are used to convert to product and also ensures that your product is worth more. I always find that the Coke business ticks over really slowly.
Yeah I have it fully upgraded, it cost me about $3.4 million all up I believe.

The Tempesta is really stable under pretty much every condition. Its quicker than the Zentorno and is really good under braking. I think it's the 3rd fastest supercar according to Broughy's tests? behind that Le-mans looking car (forgot the name) and the X-80 Proto
The RE-7B is the Le Mans car. The Tempesta is great around a racetrack or tight city streets because it has great grip and is very forgiving at the limits, but it's kind of slow in a straight line compared to the other top cars, so not always the best choice.

Mastah

Probably yeah, but it's also almost 3 times the price of Turismo and let's be honest, casual player won't feel the difference between these 2 cars.

Well I would've bought that Buzzard but I've spent the last 4 hours trying to find a solo public room. Cheers Rockstar!
On PS4 you can get one in about 12 seconds:

• Be in GTA Online
  • Press the PS button
  • Navigate to Settings > Date and Time > Date and Time Settings > Set Manually
  • Change the year to 2018 and press X to confirm it, then back out to the XMB
  • Count to 12
  • Go back and set the year back to 2017, and press X to confirm it
  • Double tap the PS button

You'll be in a solo public lobby (you'll be in the same spot, but everyone else will have left).

edgefusion

On PS4 you can get one in about 12 seconds:

• Be in GTA Online
  • Press the PS button
  • Navigate to Settings > Date and Time > Date and Time Settings > Set Manually
  • Change the year to 2018 and press X to confirm it, then back out to the XMB
  • Count to 12
  • Go back and set the year back to 2017, and press X to confirm it
  • Double tap the PS button

You'll be in a solo public lobby (you'll be in the same spot, but everyone else will have left).

You have changed my life.

Linius

Decided on spending some of that glitch money from a few weeks ago. Bought Maze Bank West and the cheapest vehicle warehouse for some import/export fun. Managed to make about 200K with it by sourcing and selling three vehicles taking maximum risk with delivering. Quite fun stuff to do.

You have changed my life.
Yeah it's pretty handy, isn't it? Previously I used a custom MTU size to get solo public lobbies, but when doing that you could only do the freeroam stuff like crates, import/export cars, and the MC businesses. Anything that created its own instance (heists/missions/races/etc) didn't work with the custom MTU settings, and changing the MTU settings meant completely reloading GTA Online (which takes way too long).

This way is so much better.

pbsapeer

Banned
Decided on spending some of that glitch money from a few weeks ago. Bought Maze Bank West and the cheapest vehicle warehouse for some import/export fun. Managed to make about 200K with it by sourcing and selling three vehicles taking maximum risk with delivering. Quite fun stuff to do.
Did the same. It's such a grind haha. Was hoping the import export would be good money :(

Linius

Yeah it's not the best but it's alright. I'll probably buy a regular warehouse too.

EDIT

Man just did the worst vehicle mission. Had to steal a car that was stolen by 'an amateur tool' right before I arrived so it was tailed by cop cars and a helicopter. Well not a big problem you'd think. Except for the fact that the lad driving the car I needed was practically impossible to kill. I kept driving besides him and emptied guns on him like a mad man but he just kept driving. Even tried to push him off the road at some point but nothing mattered. After 30 minutes more or less (still in pursuit) they just gave me the message I failed. Man that was frustrating.

SiteSeer

Yeah it's not the best but it's alright. I'll probably buy a regular warehouse too.

EDIT

Man just did the worst vehicle mission. Had to steal a car that was stolen by 'an amateur tool' right before I arrived so it was tailed by cop cars and a helicopter. Well not a big problem you'd think. Except for the fact that the lad driving the car I needed was practically impossible to kill. I kept driving besides him and emptied guns on him like a mad man but he just kept driving. Even tried to push him off the road at some point but nothing mattered. After 30 minutes more or less (still in pursuit) they just gave me the message I failed. Man that was frustrating.

lol that's a theft mission i love to hate. i've blown up the target car thrice by accident from shooting at cop cars in the buzzard. i've had to pay 15k worth of damage on successful completion. i've spent upwards of 20mins in pursuit of the target car. what a glorious waste of time and money that mission is.

Linius

lol that's a theft mission i love to hate. i've blown up the target car thrice by accident from shooting at cop cars in the buzzard. i've had to pay 15k worth of damage on successful completion. i've spent upwards of 20mins in pursuit of the target car. what a glorious waste of time and money that mission is.

Yeah, the worst. Ended up only investing and no return. Another mission that was quite weird was the one where I had to beat some guy's point to point race time. The promise was I'd get the car for free after doing that. They ended up pursuing me and wrecking the car. 20K worth of damages :O

Yeah, doing the heists was the most tedious thing I did in the game and I even had a buddy who was with me all the time. They were pretty nice but fuck the "4 people or bust" requirement, why not offer the option to do it with AI characters <_<

That is my biggest complaint with this part of the game.

I've grown to hate the one where you steal a car in a Cargobob and the one where you have to tail the Korean gangsters from a somewhat random starting point to what seems like the same location every time, so slow...

I imagine if I at least had someone with me the Cargobob one would be easy but it seems like no matter what I do be it try flying away as fast as I can or dropping the car on the road and going by land I always end up with a high repair bill on it. Also doesn't help Rockstar jacked up AI to intentionally block your path. -.-

pbsapeer

Banned
I've grown to hate the one where you steal a car in a Cargobob and the one where you have to tail the Korean gangsters from a somewhat random starting point to what seems like the same location every time, so slow...

I imagine if I at least had someone with me the Cargobob one would be easy but it seems like no matter what I do be it try flying away as fast as I can or dropping the car on the road and going by land I always end up with a high repair bill on it. Also doesn't help Rockstar jacked up AI to intentionally block your path. -.-

I thought this was true. Every time I go through an intersection the cars just swerve in front on me. It's so irritating. They messed the balance up on this.

I thought this was true. Every time I go through an intersection the cars just swerve in front on me. It's so irritating. They messed the balance up on this.

Yeah, I should've added "more frequently" in there because it happened before but it's definitely a lot more aggressive since the last update.

Linius

Slowly stocking my warehouse with vehicles. Also did the first two special missions for vehicle discounts from Warstock with some friends. The first one with the buggy was great fun.

And really enjoying stunt races with friends for the past week. It's fun to do and leveling/money goes pretty fast with the double RP/Money event.

Also noticed I made a typo with my company name. Apparantly it's 250K to rename it, all I need is to remove a simple 'r'. Note to self: don't ever become CEO at 4am.

That's a tough one because the car will always take damage. It's actually possible to pick the fleeing car up with a Cargobob (I've done it once), but so difficult that I don't even bother trying except right at the start as the car is about to move off. Otherwise I call a fast car, pull up alongside the fleeing car, and try to get a headshot on the driver with the AP Pistol. Not too hard, but the car takes plenty of damage in the meantime.

Another mission that was quite weird was the one where I had to beat some guy's point to point race time. The promise was I'd get the car for free after doing that. They ended up pursuing me and wrecking the car. 20K worth of damages :O
In a solo lobby, after you cap the irate driver I reposition the car in an open space, then jump into a Kuruma and call a Pegasus Cargobob (these ones are usually in Sandy Shores, so the airport isn't far). The bad guys will chase the Kuruma, but as long as you take them out before you take off in the Cargobob, you can then fly back and pick up the car, and then fly so high back to the warehouse that the car takes zero damage (there are no buzzards on this mission).

Yeah those ones suck if you're solo. I always spawn in my own Cargobob so that cuts down on mission time (since you can just fly directly there).

If there's an island near the barges, you can land there and snipe everyone. Just be careful because there's usually one enemy on the 'vacant' barge (the one without the target vehicle) behind a container who can't be seen from the island. A rocket back there will sort him out (you don't want him shooting at you when you're picking up the vehicle, because cargobobs are fragile). Then just pick up the target car with the Cargobob.

If there are no islands within sniping distance of the barges, then land at the nearest shore and summon a buzzard. Wipe out all of the bad guys on the vacant barge with rockets, then land the buzzard back on shore next to your Cargobob. If you have a Blazer Aqua you can summon that, otherwise wade into the water and call a Merryweather boat pick up. Instead of pressing triangle to get into the dinghy, press the climb button and then cap the driver. Drive the dinghy out so that you park it with the tug between you and the barge with the car on it. Climb onto the tug, and use it for cover while you snipe the remaining guys around the target car. Then head back to shore in your dinghy, jump in your Cargobob, and pick up the target vehicle.

The Cargobob flight back always sucks if you're solo. If you have a buddy then they can follow well behind you in the buzzard and shoot the enemy choppers (who'll spawn directly in front of them if you get the spacing right). If you're solo, just build up as much speed as possible in the Cargobob, and keep as low as possible.

The enemy choppers have dodgy path finding so if you stay low or near obstacles (e.g. fly between buildings in the city) they'll back off a little. They'll generally shoot you (the Cargobob) rather than the vehicle, so if you can make it back without the Cargobob dying you shouldn't have much vehicle damage. If the Cargobob starts to smoke then put the car down as gently as possible, shoot the two buzzards down quickly, and then jump in the car and hope for the best. You'll get shot up a lot, but there's nothing you can really do.

pbsapeer

Banned
I agree with the cargobob import/export missions. They're a pain in the ass. What I tend to do is drop the car as close to the ground as possible, parachute out the cargo bob ( normally get shot on the way down), blow up the buzzards then wait for another 2 to appear and do the same. Don't think I've had more than 4 buzzards attack me on that mission.
I think the worst is the point to point one. You're normally miles away from your garage and have to constantly dodge the traffic and the gang members. It's a nightmare.

I think I spend most of my time in the stunt races. Maaaaaaaan people piss me off. I don't often rage about games but those races really get me. People just deliberately knocking people off the track or waiting over certain points to prevent people getting past. Fucking winds me up

I agree with the cargobob import/export missions. They're a pain in the ass. What I tend to do is drop the car as close to the ground as possible, parachute out the cargo bob ( normally get shot on the way down), blow up the buzzards then wait for another 2 to appear and do the same. Don't think I've had more than 4 buzzards attack me on that mission.
They respawn infinitely unfortunately :(

I think the worst is the point to point one. You're normally miles away from your garage and have to constantly dodge the traffic and the gang members. It's a nightmare.
The Cargobob technique I mentioned above makes them super easy.

SiteSeer

this one is one of the easiest. win the race, kill the owner that attacks you with the baseball bat, drive that target car out a few hundred yards to spawn the gang waves, exit car (make sure to park out of traffic, so panicked ai drivers don't bump into the export car) and take cover, take out the 3 or 4 waves of resistance, drive to warehouse unencumbered by attacks. done, should be less than 10min of work.

Mastah

Dewbauchee Specter & Collection Time Now Available in GTA Online

NOW AVAILABLE: DEWBAUCHEE SPECTER

Benny's continues their brilliance in automobile artistry with their latest offering, the Dewbauchee Specter. This two-door Sports coupé is at its heart the gold standard for exclusivity, and Benny is on hand to strip it down to its core before reassembling it as a lightweight, super-customizable beast. Strike while the iron's hot to take advantage of 25% off Benny's Upgrades and the Executive Upgrade that brings Benny’s workshop right into your own garage, now through January 30th.

NEW ADVERSARY MODE: COLLECTION TIME

In Collection Time, it's all about the give and take. In teams of two to four, players battle to steal and hoard the most points over the given time period. Each player starts out with one point in the form of a money bag; once killed that bag will drop and be up for grabs for whoever can reach it first. The team holding the most bags when the clock runs out wins. Stay greedy and hone your tactics across seven brand new maps. For extra earnings, play Collection Time between now and Monday, January 30th for Double GTA$ & RP.

BONUSES THROUGH JAN 30th: DOUBLE GTA$ & RP ON BIKER CLUBHOUSE CONTRACTS & SPECIAL VEHICLE WORK, PLUS WIDE-RANGING VEHICLE DISCOUNTS

In addition to Collection Time, MCs and Organizations alike are about to get that much richer with a double dose of GTA$ & RP in GTA Online Biker Clubhouse Contracts and Special Vehicle Work – now through January 30th. From Gunrunning to the lit up destruction of Torched, those who prefer the hog ride will have plenty of opportunities with the eleven Clubhouse Contracts. Organizations will also have their turn with the same bonus running for all eight Special Vehicle Missions, from the BF Ramp Buggy's Escape Escort to the Coil Rocket Voltic's Firewall Protection.

And if you're looking for a post-holiday deal, grab 25% off the following all the way through January 30th:

Benny's Upgrades
Executive Garage Renovations
Executive Custom Auto Shop Renovations
Biker Business Properties
All Import/Export Tattoos

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...wswire&utm_content=gtao-specterctime-01172017

pbsapeer

Banned
this one is one of the easiest. win the race, kill the owner that attacks you with the baseball bat, drive that target car out a few hundred yards to spawn the gang waves, exit car (make sure to park out of traffic, so panicked ai drivers don't bump into the export car) and take cover, take out the 3 or 4 waves of resistance, drive to warehouse unencumbered by attacks. done, should be less than 10min of work.
I'll try this next time- thank you!

Guess it's time to spend a few million for those things... I want the Spectre but I was disappointed that it was apparently worse after Benny's upgrades and when it comes to racing it's not all that great to begin with.

Yeah those ones suck if you're solo. I always spawn in my own Cargobob so that cuts down on mission time (since you can just fly directly there).

If there's an island near the barges, you can land there and snipe everyone. Just be careful because there's usually one enemy on the 'vacant' barge (the one without the target vehicle) behind a container who can't be seen from the island. A rocket back there will sort him out (you don't want him shooting at you when you're picking up the vehicle, because cargobobs are fragile). Then just pick up the target car with the Cargobob.

If there are no islands within sniping distance of the barges, then land at the nearest shore and summon a buzzard. Wipe out all of the bad guys on the vacant barge with rockets, then land the buzzard back on shore next to your Cargobob. If you have a Blazer Aqua you can summon that, otherwise wade into the water and call a Merryweather boat pick up. Instead of pressing triangle to get into the dinghy, press the climb button and then cap the driver. Drive the dinghy out so that you park it with the tug between you and the barge with the car on it. Climb onto the tug, and use it for cover while you snipe the remaining guys around the target car. Then head back to shore in your dinghy, jump in your Cargobob, and pick up the target vehicle.

The Cargobob flight back always sucks if you're solo. If you have a buddy then they can follow well behind you in the buzzard and shoot the enemy choppers (who'll spawn directly in front of them if you get the spacing right). If you're solo, just build up as much speed as possible in the Cargobob, and keep as low as possible.

The enemy choppers have dodgy path finding so if you stay low or near obstacles (e.g. fly between buildings in the city) they'll back off a little. They'll generally shoot you (the Cargobob) rather than the vehicle, so if you can make it back without the Cargobob dying you shouldn't have much vehicle damage. If the Cargobob starts to smoke then put the car down as gently as possible, shoot the two buzzards down quickly, and then jump in the car and hope for the best. You'll get shot up a lot, but there's nothing you can really do.

Yeah, I need to buy a Cargobob, I thought I bought one back when the website exploit was active on last gen but apparently not and I've been waiting for another sale to buy one now. I started sniping the guys on the barges a while back, it's the damn buzzards that always give me problems with how ridiculously accurate they can be, also wouldn't be so bad if the AI wouldn't make it their mission to cut you off.

Linius

Really considering getting that Ruiner. Sitting at 3 million at the moment but I still have little over 20 cars to steal for my warehouse to unlock the ruiner mission. So by the time I get there I should also have the proper amount of money. Only thing is, I'm scared Rockstar is going with a 50% off the week after I buy it or some bullshit like that. It happens all the time.

Hey guys, glad you enjoyed the video. (fake edit: shit, sorry... incoming wall o' text)

I wouldn't be surprised to see all of the special vehicles receive some kind of sale (respective to mission discounts) in the early summer.

The grind is real if you're going for the unlock missions to get the discounted price for the Ruiner 2000. I had some help from friends. I was on Buzzard duty most of the time and we abused the Cargobob as much as the game would allow. I'm not one of those players who sits on top of a large bank account balance, so buying the car set me back to new player levels of poverty. It's so easy to make money now though. I've only had the Ruiner 2000 for about a week, but I'm already sitting on 1.5 mil again. The Phantom Wedge is next.

A few things to keep in mind before you drop almost 5 mil (counting LS Customs mods) on the Ruiner 2000:

• It's already kind of well known, but worth mentioning anyway; the Ruiner 2000 you buy is not the nearly indestructible mission version. The garage version isn't explosive resistant and the missiles are limited to 8 (refillable by visiting the garage or summoning the car again).

• Special car or not, it's still a Ruiner. I spent almost my first year in Online behind the wheel of a Vigero and you'll need to have a good handle on the muscle class to make the 2000 do what you want it to. Expect a significant learning curve if you are mostly cruising around in sports or supers.

• As I mentioned earlier, plan to spend a few hundred thousand more at LS Customs to upgrade your 2000. Engine upgrades, suspension upgrades, bullet proof tires and even upgraded armor are not included. It's just a weak ass, stock Ruiner with forward mounted machine guns and 8 missiles on delivery.

Even the nerfed 2000 is incredibly lethal with careful planning. Only the better Hydra pilots are going to walk away from this thing. The 2000's missile lock is fast and the turbo boost (hop) will put the car into position for the perfect delivery. Initially the forward mounted machine guns seem weak, but combined with the turbo boost and air control, they make headshots easy.

Then there's the ability to start the Ruiner 2000 specific VIP mission. Want to grief a lobby? Start it up and ignore the objective. You'll have around 20 mins of uninhibited fun behind the wheel of the overpowered mission version. Only well placed headshots or a barrage from a steady Savage can stop you.

JoeNut

So I have just started playing online. It's all a bit overwhelming with how many types of missions there seem to be, has anyone got any guides on getting started? I bought a 10 car garage with the free money I got, and still have like $2m left over. Should I buy anything in particular?
Also how do I upgrade my stats for shooting? I seem to shoot the shit out of people and they don't die.
Psn is JoeNut if anyone wants to play :)

pbsapeer

Banned
So I have just started playing online. It's all a bit overwhelming with how many types of missions there seem to be, has anyone got any guides on getting started? I bought a 10 car garage with the free money I got, and still have like $2m left over. Should I buy anything in particular?
Also how do I upgrade my stats for shooting? I seem to shoot the shit out of people and they don't die.
It's really daunting. I found stunt races were fun and a great way to build driving skill quickly.
Worthwhile doing some associate work if you can. I'm normally on most evenings and I'll do missions with you if you want. PSN is pbsapeer.

SiteSeer

a buzzard is essential to go along with a ceo office, then you can spawn one next to you on demand. a fast car, zentorno or whatever else you can afford. everything else just join other players (contact missions, ceo work, mc work, races, adversary modes, heists, whatever pops up on your phone and looks interesting) and have fun discovering the game. that would be my advice, not the most efficient but a game as big as online needs time to be discovered i think. or use this guide if you want information overload.

^^ I agree with this. Take some time to get lost and explore the online mode. Don't set yourself in a grind early on because someone claims that it's the fastest way to make money (or that x/y/z are a waste of time).

I got accused and reported for being a modder by someone who was trying to kill me in a jet and while I was doing Ruiner 2000 VIP mission. -_-

snacknuts

we all knew her
Last night I played for the first time in a few weeks and ended up buying a Ruiner 2000. What a fun car. Worth $4MM+? Probably not, but it's definitely entertaining.

Top Bottom