• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Trailer (60 FPS)

Sarcasm

I bought the RSC version and it seems like it only needed the 60 GB but I honestly don't know the ins and outs of HDDs so if it's still using that other 60 GB in reserve somehow I have no idea

The second 60GB he refers to is the unlocking. Which is basically de-encrypting it. Basically needs the other 60GB to move files than when all said and done..the other 60GB goes away.

Megasoum

Banned
The second 60GB he refers to is the unlocking. Which is basically de-encrypting it. Basically needs the other 60GB to move files than when all said and done..the other 60GB goes away.

Right but do we know if this is a Steam requirement specifically or both version of the game will need 120gb on release day?

_machine

Right but do we know if this is a Steam requirement specifically or both version of the game will need 120gb on release day?
Not for sure no, but I would say it's quite likely that they've done the decryption in the same way. Sucks for sure, but it's an easy and safe way to do the encryption/decryption.

Qassim

I think this Antialiasing behaviour flag is new, but I may be wrong:

EASksHs.png
Hopefully we get a specific entry for SLI compatibility for GTAV before release, but if not, I'm fine with some compatibility.

I believe the Rockstar Social Club version is only partially encrypted (or missing, I don't know), so I don't think that version will have the same requirement as most of the game is already there without encryption.

Mad1723

"We've seen GTA 5 running at 4k resolution at 60fps, and it's glorious."

The fact that that is possible at all this time round is definitely something that gives me hope for good performance

It was done on a SLI GTX980 and i7 5930k @ 3.5, but still mighty impressive.

Man, seeing some people held out this entire time for the PC release... I wish I had the same willpower.

You are all in for a real treat. The game is massive. Character switching on the fly during a mission also adds an entirely new dimension to the gameplay. Also don't forget about finding a sub or scuba suit and exploring the underwater stuff.

Portman

Those PC Gamer posts have me super excited. I'm glad I've held out this long for it although my friends think I'm crazy for not getting the console versions. I've gotten a new PC (somewhat just for this) and will be ready to go next week. Now to fight the urge to go pick my copy up on my lunch break next week.

Top Bottom